It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boast-busters: Those who hunt and expose fake Navy SEALs are busier than ever

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Boast-busters: Those who hunt and expose fake Navy SEALs are busier than ever

w ww.washingtonpost.com

“Only 500 [SEALs] served in Vietnam. And we’ve met all 20,000 of them,” said Steve Robinson, a former SEAL in Forsyth, Mo., and author of “No Guts, No Glory: Unmasking Navy SEAL Imposters.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
You know, this is just sad. I cannot understand the need to lie like this. These guys go through some serious training and then they go out and put it on the line every day. Guys who do this should be sentenced to BUDS(Basic UDT/SEAL training). Most would be crying for their mommy long before Hell Week even started. I was not a SEAL, but I am related to a retired frogman(UDT 21 and 22) who did a couple years as a SEAL after they phased out the UDTs. I have been to several of the UDT SEAL reunions and remember watching the demonstrations as a kid. Most of these blowhards would likely not even make it through boot camp, much less BUDS.

w ww.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I thought this thread was gonna be about jessue ventura and his "seal " claims

forums.military.com...

But yes it is a degrace to pretend to be something your not .

kinda like politicians

lol

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
kinda like politicians
But politician is a synonym for "liar". So, we expect it of them. We expect it so much that we ignore it and pretend that they are real people with real opinions.

This is different.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I like the fact that there are people going around outing the frauds.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy, they should film it.

link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

and whats a seal team?

"sir yes sir:" ?

sir yes sir to whom ?

oh the politicians ....

link   
There are a few here like many other sites as well.

Some fake police, army, navy, special ops etc...

I have respect for a lot of people in the service (If their actions warrant it of course).
A uniform doesn't earn respect but the actions of the person wearing it will determine if it is warranted or not. A poser therefore cannot gain respect.

But there is a special place in hell for the posers.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Being relegated to the political madness and 'geo engineering' forums?
second line as snarky as the first

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
oh no!

you didnt!

there gonna be alot of upset ventura supporters gonna want to go jihad on you for calling him a poser!!!

to the op yes it sad that too many people claim to be something they are not and thats pretty much par for the course in this country nowdays.

the laws are on the books and they do indeed enforcement.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
oh no!

you didnt!

there gonna be alot of upset ventura supporters gonna want to go jihad on you for calling him a poser!!!

to the op yes it sad that too many people claim to be something they are not and thats pretty much par for the course in this country nowdays.

the laws are on the books and they do indeed enforcement.

OH no, didn't say anything about Jesse. I'm a fan and actually never thought to call his claims into question.

I'm talking about sites like this that seem to attract a lot of members claiming to be military, law enforcement etc.

Not Jesse! Love that guy!

Actually, has he been challenged on his claims of being a Seal? Didn't know.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Being relegated to the political madness and 'geo engineering' forums?
second line as snarky as the first

Nasty...lol

It gets frustrating when a person comes into a forum and claims to be military or police when quite clearly they're not. I usually just ignore it as it's an argument just waiting.

Many make claims about other things and I'm ok with that. Don't really care actually. But the ones posing as law or military can make a bad name for many that don't deserve it.

Many know me as not being a big fan of police corruption but there are GOOD cops out there. One bad poser can ruin it for them as well.

Ah well

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I have another one for you. Fake POWs. I have met two fake POWs only to find out they were never even in the armed forces at all. Now I have met and know a REAL POW from Vietnam and he has the papers to prove it and he is messed up. He lives with his mon and dad even though he is 58 years old now. He got out of Vietnam in 1973 and has never been right since. He talks to no one and lives in a bunker like set up half buried beside the house. I often wonder what is going to happen to him when his mom and dad pass on. They are in their 80's.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

S and F for this.

I applaud all who serve and especially those silent professionals.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have an Uncle who was held for two years in Vietnam. He came home only to be treated like crap by the VA for the next 40 years. He's messed up for sure. It is like he died over there, because he has really had no life since. Just a meager existence. I think these impostors should be called out, and in a really public way.
edit on 6/14/2011 by bamagurl because: sp check

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I think you over looked the meat of the story,, quote "When news of bin Laden’s death broke, these investigators say, they were soon overwhelmed by reports of suspected SEAL phonies. Robinson, who had hunted fake SEALs for 10 years, was called out of " unquote

Hmmmmmmm.

Me.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky
I thought this thread was gonna be about jessue ventura and his "seal " claims

Well, at least Jesse really did go through the BUDS training and served in Vietnam on a UDT, even if technically he's a "fake SEAL" too. Somehow it's not quite as bad.
edit on 6/14/2011 by LifeInDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
James Janos"Jesse Ventura"n went through Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) training and survived hell week.

That is good enough for me and it seams the navy seal veterens.
blog.usnavyseals.com...
information.usnavyseals.com...

The "Official" Word on Jesse Ventura

A source at the Naval Special Warfare Command states:
Our take is that Jesse Ventura is a SEAL. He even did his reserve time in SEAL Team ONE. He earned and wears the trident....Captain Larry Bailey is probably the best guy to talk to about this, but OFFICIALLY, we think its splitting hairs by Salisbury and the Navy considers Jesse Ventura as a former SEAL.

Captain Larry Bailey states:
JESSE VENTURA SEAL OR NOT?

Jesse Ventura went through UDT/SEAL Class 58 in 1970 and was assigned to UDT-12, where he spent three years (including three deployments fo Subic Bay, Philippines). As a UDT frogman, he operated in Viet Nam waters and earned the US Viet Nam Service Ribbon. He undoubtedly, like so may UDT men of that era, went ashore in Viet Nam for short periods of time. After he was released from active duty in 1973, he joined Reserve SEAL Team ONE. The point here is that all graduates of BUD/S are referred to within the Naval Special Warfare community as SEALs. They received the same training, whether they went to SEAL Teams or Underwater Demolition Teams. The case made by Commander Salisbury on Fox News Channel recently is without merit; Jesse Ventura is a SEAL by any definition.
Larry Bailey, Captain, USN (Ret.)

R.D. and Pam Russell, Co-Directors of Navel Special Warfare Archives state:
The official view point of the Archives is that Jesse was a SEAL. He completed BUD/S and the SEAL course in the desert. The west coast used UDT as a man power pool so they could pull people at any time without there being a training delay.
www.socnet.com...

the posers never did

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Actually, has he been challenged on his claims of being a Seal? Didn't know.

He never was. He was UDT, which is impressive in its own right, but SEAL he wasn't.

ETA:

He undoubtedly, like so may UDT men of that era, went ashore in Viet Nam for short periods of time. After he was released from active duty in 1973, he joined Reserve SEAL Team ONE.

Ventura discloses he didn't see combat in Vietnam War
Associated Press

Published Jan 29 2002
Gov. Jesse Ventura, who has used his military record to deflect criticism and bash foes but has kept mostly mum on what he did during the Vietnam War, has disclosed for the first time that he did not see combat.

``To the best of my knowledge, I was never fired upon,'' Ventura said in an interview with the St. Paul Pioneer Press for an article published Monday about his years as a Navy SEAL in the 1970s.

(...)

Ventura did not receive the Combat Action Ribbon, which was awarded to those involved in a firefight or who went on clandestine or special operations where the risk of enemy fire was great or expected.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I was assigned to comnavspecwargru two for a while(in a support role I was NOT a SEAL), most of the guys I knew there do consider Jesse a SEAL.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
When they're done with the SEALS, can they go after middle-aged married white guys next?
Seems like a few of them have been going around as middle eastern lesbians.

Beezzer
aka astronaut, aka Kentucky Derby Winner, aka Karl Rove, aka Bette Middler (when I'm feeling freaky), aka James T. Kirk, aka Jedi Master, aka Chuck Norris.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join