It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is MTV sponsoring ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I would like to know why one of the biggest subliminal propaganda pumping networks is now sponsoring ATS? No one thinks this is a bit ridiculous? Get rid of that teen wolf crap please... I guess no stone is left unturned.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
its all about the shekel,

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

What does that have to do with this?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Just because MTV has ads on here does not mean they sponsor this site. Hell, Monsanto has ads on here too.

Online advertising is mostly automated.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

The member is saying that is is all about the money, money matters, not what adverts we get or who we get them from.

As long as someone is paying to maintain the site, then that's all that matters.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I very much disagree with both of you, but that's my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
yeah the teen wolf thing is a little much. I doubt that 14 yo girls are hittin up ATS on a regulat basis.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Fact of the matter there is advertising EVERYWHERE - you can't escape it.
IF said advertising is keeping ATS open and free to use/read and participate?
Go for it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SSDDay
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Haha... Ya the home page Teen Wolf Layout is automated? Its a forum sponsor... Pull your head out of your a^^

Wow, you sure are an an immature little guy, arent you?

Did you bother to look at the ad? It is a forum sponsor based on the Crypto forum. Let's think about that for a second...cryptozoology, werewolf movie.....hmmmm...where is the connection?

It you go to ANY site that has a crypto forum, you will see this advertisement....because it is AUTOMATED. they link to ANYWHERE that has cryptozoology on their site.

Try THINKING instead of insulting people. You'll get a lot further in life.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

Im pretty sure it goes through someone else (in the teen wolf thing I think its doubleclick). ATS gets sponsored from them, they filter popular ads to them that may contain the targeted audience. In this case it could be simply because there is a paranormal interest on that site and they are hoping for hits on that demographic. Why you so worried about it, especially on this site where people are geared to question everything they see.

EDIT: The above poster hit the demographic better....I forgot about cryptozoology section.
edit on 13-6-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

I very much disagree with both of you, but that's my opinion.

Well I wasn't saying that this is my opinion, I was merely stating what the other member may have been saying and what the ATS policy is on adverts.

I haven't shared my opinion on adverts.

A few years back when there was a huge argument and thread about the advertising on ATS, I voiced my opinion as did many others..... adverts are apparently a vital part of ATS and the site can't function without them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 13/6/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Why wouldn't MTV want to sponser / pay to have adverts on ATS, afterall the star is still rising for ATS and organisations are and have sat up and noticed. Just as long as our three amigos stick to their beliefs for what ATS is for and don't sell out, personally I don't think they would, we are in good hands

Afterall this place is probably in the top 10 or top 5 as one of the fastest news feeds in the world because our members are global, intelligent, funny, and like myself extremely good looking

Wolfie

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Mtv can't just go putting their mark everywhere that is BS. A full layout is not automated. a ad or two fine... But I'm talking about the entire home page layout... All it does is draw in a bunch of idiots... As I can see.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Mtv can't just go putting their mark everywhere that is BS. A full layout is not automated. a ad or two fine... But I'm talking about the entire home page layout... All it does is draw in a bunch of idiots... As I can see.

You need to research online advertising a little more. You obviously dont know how it functions.

If there was not a forum that had frequent topics about werewolves, they would not be advertising on here.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

You need to research online advertising a little more. You obviously dont know how it functions.

If there was not a forum that had frequent topics about werewolves, they would not be advertising on here.

^This. Publishers have clients who use these publishers to spread their ads to targeted demographics via the internet. MTV wants to promote the show, they wont use flyers and just tv.....internet is where its at and they are using these companies to get their message to the targets they desire. Get mad at the publisher for putting the ad here, and get mad at ATS for not making you pay a sub per month to keep a massive forum like this running. And heck, if it is Doubleclick that publishes the add go get mad at google since I believe they own them.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

I think you need to understand, NO ONE comes here DAILY TO READ ABOUT WEREWOLVES!!! Advertisement does not decide a websites home page layout!!!!! ATS should be representing Ron Paul or something worthy(AKA Japan, deepwater disaster)... Why the represent the trash that brought us here????

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

The internet is a quick way to target any sized targeted demographic on any website. People who are interested in vampires, werewolves, witches any superstition like that, are going to be prone to watching something like this. I am one such person in this interest, but I like alot more substance and will not watch the show.
Doesnt matter how many you think come here for what purpose, the fact is there are people with that sort of mind and interest that do come here and will see the ad.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I think you need to understand, NO ONE comes here DAILY TO READ ABOUT WEREWOLVES!!! Advertisement does not decide a websites home page layout!!!!! ATS should be representing Ron Paul or something worthy(AKA Japan, deepwater disaster)... Why the represent the trash that brought us here????

That has nothing to do with it. There are search programs that search for key words, and the ads follow. The Crypto forum has MANY threads about werewolves-far more than most sites.

I get your point, but advertising for Ron Paul, or Japan, does not generate revenue to keep this site up. Websites cost money. Therefore, advertising is imperative.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join