It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry birds dive-bomb police officers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Angry birds dive-bomb police officers

www.msnbc.msn.com

Officers at a Seattle-area police department have found themselves in a flap with some unusual suspects: an angry flock of birds.

Crows have been attacking police in the parking lot of an Everett Police Department precinct station. They've been swooping down and dive-bombing the officers as they walk to and from their cars.

Lt. Bob Johns said he recently was flanked by the aggressive birdbirds and "got zinged."

"They're like velociraptors," Johns said.

One officer used his siren to try to scare away the crows, but it didn't work. The birds responded by decorating his car
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
If I were a bird... These crows know just what I am thinking, apparently. Why the police?

She noted crows also can recognize people's individual features. And they hold grudges.

"If your cops have done something that (the crows) perceive as a threat, they could be keying in on them because they're all wearing the same kind of uniform," Milner said.

Hmmmm... I don't find that hard to believe. I wonder what ticked them off. A group of uniformed "bad guys" uproot or burn-down their favorite field perhaps??

Surely the police are not their only targets. In a sizeable town there must be other people that torque them off. If these are civic-minded cuervos then there must be other folks the birds might feel hostile toward and not just our uniformed public servants.

In addition to the officers, at least a dozen city employees have encountered the angry crows, and some have complained about being attacked, city spokeswoman Kate Reardon said. But she said police and city workers have agreed to let the crows be, and wait out the aggression.

Not exactly hard and cutting news but does have an interesting tidbit about crows holding grudges. Sounds like something out of an old Hitchcock movie though. Or perhaps something from the originator of the detective novel. I'll never again doubt their ability to hold grundges. Nevermore!

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 11-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I imagined people starting the game 'Angry Birds' and throwing their iPod's and iPad's at the officers.

Hahhahaha sorry

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
And here I thought it was just people from Seattle that were cool. But really, sounds like the crows have the right idea... Though I'll be the last one to go 'decorate' their car.

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

And some call them "dumb animals"..
Sounds like they know who to trust..

S&F for the laugh..

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

crows are smart animals

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Wow.

Thank you for making this thread.

This fulfills the whole month of June for me.

I wonder if someone is training them, with cop dummies on rooftops.

Never know.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I wonder how many birds got beaten, tazed, and or shot....

..and yes crows are very smart! They use vehicles to crack open shells to eat nuts, and they use cross walks so they don't get run over.

...and they use tools!

So there must be a very good reason for them to attack the police.
edit on 11-6-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Crows are vermon... Well in Australia they are because they aren't native so my opinion of them is rather low. I say remove them with extreme prejudice!

IRM

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Crows are vermon... Well in Australia they are because they aren't native so my opinion of them is rather low. I say remove them with extreme prejudice!

IRM

And I say they do less harm than many cops..
So who should we remove??

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Are they capable of crossing the pond, we have some uniformed dodgepots here as well. Thanks for this - thee is justice somewhere.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

IRM

Mate the Australian Raven is a native bird,so is the Torresian Crow,it would be the Raven you are seeing in Melbourne,do not get caught killing them or you will be in big trouble,
I have a rather low opinion of them myself,pecking the eye's out of living lambs is a nasty thing to do

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

IRM

And I say they do less harm than many cops..
So who should we remove??

BB what has the Victorian police force done to you ? Our police are pretty good in general,

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

May be the birds can see the police officers evil auras, crows can smell death.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Sometimes I wish I was a bird, if I was, I would be doing the same thing ! The crows are staging a dirty protest against the police for the way that they treat people ! The problem is that they will call in exterminators because they can't taser the birds, or beat them up and arrest them for assault. If you don't treat the police like gods whilst they are pounding your head into the sidewalk, they arrest you, they deserve no better treatment, the birds need feeding up, so they can disrespect these little Hitlers a little more, FEED THE BIRDS folks !

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Crows are really intelligent creatures, but this?

I liked crows before but I guess I like them more now.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

IRM

I think you meant to say " Police are Vermin "

Case proven !

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
It's nice to think that the birdies are attacking policemen out of sheer hatred and all, but is it more plausible that they are just after the shiny stuff on their uniforms?

Also, I have seen some serious birdie aggression around these parts lately. Bird on bird, especially. Also, bird on cat, bird on squirrel and it is starting to freak me out some. I keep feeding them in the hopes that they won't take their dangerous eye pecking bird agression out on me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join