It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry birds dive-bomb police officers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I love crows. They are one of the most intelligent avian species on this planet, and they have my favourite colour scheme. In response to the poster who complained at thier propensity for plucking the eyes from living lambs, I have only this to say... That is brutal, and I support it whole heartedly. Just more win for team crow in my opinion.

Some see the presence of crows as an ill omen, but I just see them as my little flying brothers. Love em.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The Australian Magpie will attack people during the breeding season.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1d81e523a829.jpg[/atsimg]

en.wikipedia.org...

Magpies are ubiquitous in urban areas all over Australia, and have become accustomed to people. A small percentage of birds become highly aggressive during breeding season from late August to early October, and will swoop and sometimes attack passersby. The percentage has been difficult to estimate but is significantly less than 9%. Almost all attacking birds (around 99%) are male, and they are generally known to attack pedestrians at around 50 m (150 ft) from their nest, and cyclists at around 100 m (300 ft). Attacks begin as the eggs hatch, increase in frequency and severity as the chicks grow, and tail off as the chicks leave the nest.

These magpies may engage in an escalating series of behaviours to drive off intruders. Least threatening are alarm calls and distant swoops, where birds fly within several metres from behind and perch nearby. Next in intensity are close swoops, where a magpie will swoop in from behind or the side and audibly "snap" their beaks or even peck or bite at the face, neck, ears or eyes. More rarely, a bird may dive-bomb and strike the intruder's (usually a cyclist's) head with its chest. A magpie may rarely attack by landing on the ground in front of a person and lurching up and landing on the victim's chest and peck at the face and eyes.

Magpie attacks can cause injuries, typically wounds to the head and particularly the eyes, with potential detached retinas and bacterial infections from a beak used to fossick in the ground. A 13-year-old boy died from tetanus, apparently from a magpie injury, in northern New South Wales in 1946. Being unexpectedly swooped while cycling is not uncommon, and can result in loss of control of the bicycle, which may cause injury. In Ipswich, a 12 year old boy was killed in traffic while trying to evade a swooping magpie on 16 August 2010

They are also very good warblers

edit on 11-6-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The police are starting to make every one mad even the birds have had enough of their crap.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Tis the season for birds to lay their eggs and hatchlings. Most birds will let you know they are there, some subtle, some peck you.

Cant really blame them, they're protecting their young. They're not much to worry about. I find its the people who scream and freak out, and/fall or wave their arms wildy that hurt themselves.

It's nature, and if you know why they're doing it, and are confident, you'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Yeah crows are intelligent, sneaky little bast@rds. My pops puts corn out in the backyard to plump up the deer for hunting season. Crows will go down there and eat it so he popped one with his bow. So the crows now use a spotter to fly over head and if they see him on the back porch, it calls out to the others. Now if I'm sitting on the porch smoking, it does another call and they feast. They know I'm not that good with a bow... yet. Muah ha ha ha.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just one more example of how most animals are smarter than us people.....

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
We love our crows. They help chase off the hawks all the time that threaten the chickens, and alerted us to a fox once.

We put corn out for them. LOVE our crows.
They are smart- and they have family structures a lot like humans- they are very social birds as well as just being smart.

There's a video of two crows on youtube somewhere starting a dog/cat fight. It's funny, they are doing it on purpose for entertainment it seems.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Yeah, go crows! They have always been my favorite bird, I'm always defending how cool they are to people, this gives me even more reason to love them. Even crow haters have to melt there heart a little for this vid.

edit on 11-6-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Haha, awesome! A great example of collective conscious. With all the people playing the game 'Angry Birds' where birds dive-bomb pigs, it only makes sense that this would start happening to cops.

Crows are amazing creatures, though, and incredibly smart as many posters before me have proven.

I remember watching a report about some guys who were training crows to collect change for them. They built a machine that would dispense a nut when the crows dropped change into it. I don't know how well it worked, or how they got the crows to use it in the first place, but they certainly had footage of them using it. Pretty ingenious if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

crows, ravens, black birds are usually a symbol of death in art and writting. could there be some message here? i doubt it is as simple as "cops are going to die"

i feel that 'signs' are prevalent during this day in age more so than they were when i was younger.. it could also just be my receptivity increased though.

i would take this story as some sort of omen, there are no coincidences.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Interesting read only for the fact it was a group of cops getting divebombed lol

Must be nests near by and they were protecting them.
Ive been the target of a dive bomber, and those little birdies got some balls

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ahhh I love corvids... yes their facial recognition skills are so great, apparently the US military considered using them to hunt for Bin Laden and in the future might help look for missing persons -

www.41nbc.com...

I think it's especially cool how the birds tell their other flock members and next generations of crows who the threat is. Mess with one crow you're going to have the entire family and their babies against you for a very long time!

Awesome thread, S&F

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
the original shock and awe from the mind
of Alfred Hitchcock

from 1963
Alfred Hitchcock's - The Birds

I believe his original idea for this
movie came when he was crossing
over the Golden Gate Bridge in
San Francisco. And the whole bridge
seemed to be covered in birds.

This was one of the first horror flicks
I ever watched as a boy. And couldn't
sleep for about 2 days later.

If you haven't seen the movie,
you need to. It was a masterpiece
by Hitchcock. I believe there is
a free full movie on youtube.

for those who just want to view one
of the birds attack scenes from the
movie. view below

WARNING: Graphic footage for underage
viewers

edit on 6/11/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Those cops had to have been screwing with those crows.

I JUST saw a video on TED TV (When I find it, I will upload it), and the man was specifically talking about how crows can recognize people.

He said that there were students at a University who were perturbing the local crows. The crows never forgot it and harassed the students. They only harassed those students who messed with the crows. It got to the point where they had to wear wigs and sunglasses when they were outside on the school grounds.

So yeah, these crows remember and hold grudges. Some stupid cops were probably using some crows as target practice or something.

Get 'em, crows!!

Check out the story at 4:03.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Crows are vermon... Well in Australia they are because they aren't native so my opinion of them is rather low. I say remove them with extreme prejudice!

IRM

Yeah. Just kill 'em all. Great thinking.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Crows are vermon... Well in Australia they are because they aren't native so my opinion of them is rather low. I say remove them with extreme prejudice!
IRM

Yeah. Just kill 'em all. Great thinking.

ummm, but didn't the Georgia Guidestones
say to keep the crow population under
50 Million ???

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I didnt see it mentioned but birds especially crows and ravens have been known to like shinny objects.

They in fact collect and horde such objects. The bikers helmets were reflecting the sun and the bird sees a shinny object and tries to get it.

In the case of the police, they have all sorts of shinny metalic buttons, pins, the shield crests on thier hats and badges all over thier uniforms.

Its probably safer to say they were trying steal a gold nugget rather then attacking.

Even the vid with the golfer guy. Seemed like the bird was more interested in his shinny golf clubs then he was of the golfer.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

I love this. Finally we get revenge on the Police in a subliminal way. Maybe we can train birds to fight for us when the Global Revolution and/or collapse happens.

Damn Birds! They are great i love hearing stories of cops getting attacked by birds this made my day.

The Government will Label the Birds as Terrorists just like they label anyone else who doesn't agree with them.

GO MY CORVIDS GO! ATTACK THE GESTAPO THUGS!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b74dcea2757b.jpeg[/atsimg]
edit on 11-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
thats wierd a bunch of crows were bothering me and my dog last night also, but i live on the east coast.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lynda101
Are they capable of crossing the pond, we have some uniformed dodgepots here as well. Thanks for this - thee is justice somewhere.
Ha ha the new secret weapon seems as though people are not the only ones that are ticked off at the establishment.I wonder if these officers are corrupt and the birds are bringing attention to them?Sounds like a sci-fi movie.

Maybe we can smuggle a few of them over to you

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join