It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would America and Mexico protect the Sinaloa drug cartel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I have read allegations, that America and Mexico protect the Sinaloa drug cartel. Apart from corruption, why would they do that? Apparently there is even evidence that a crashed Gulfstream II Jet with 4 tons of coc aine on board originating from the Sinaloa cartel belong to the CIA.

So why would America and Mexico protect one of the drug cartels?

theintelhub.com...
edit on 9-6-2011 by Cassius666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
$$$$?

The war on drugs pays for a lot of salaries (DEA, FBI, border cops, ATF, CIA etc..) and makes convert money for black ops and black market possible. It also gives the US and Mexicio reasons to be in places and do things that they wouldn't normally be able to do without approval and with very little oversight.
edit on 9-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Because they´re just as corrupt !

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I find the money argument hard to believe. We are talking about a level in the power hierarchy pretty close to the printing press.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
I find the money argument hard to believe. We are talking about a level in the power hierarchy pretty close to the printing press.

What do you mean, can you be more specific? Money is the main reason, but I am sure reasons for control (look up heroin in the 70's and crack coc aine in the 80's, where they where distributed and it's effects), and addiction (weed for lower classes and Cocaine for higher classes) have a play in it. Look at what happened in Afghan, when the taliban were in control there were literally no poppy fields (heroin), after we kicked them out and installed a puppet leader, poppy field increased 300%. Look at Colombia and our relationship with them. Overall the reason is money (not oversighted).

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Goverments can print their own money. If America needs more money, it just prints more. Sure, it drives inflation, but that is the problem of average joe stuck on a fixed income and hasnt stopped America and other goverments so far.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Goverments can print their own money. If America needs more money, it just prints more. Sure, it drives inflation, but that is the problem of average joe stuck on a fixed income and hasnt stopped America and other goverments so far.

Money printed is tracked, money made from covert operations is not. Also, it's not as simple as printing more money. You first need approval (through congress if I am not mistaken) and after that it is loaned from the Fed Reserve with interest attached to it. Not to mention the inflation problems and distrubution. If a new top secret operations (bordering on illegality), or weaponry is needed how would they get funded? Who would approve the process? Using dirty money that can not be traced back to the source is the way to go, and one of the easiest ways of acquiring that money is through drug operations.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
well it's been going on a long time ...

TPTB need to "fund" themselves.

printing money is only one way.

the "print and distribute" method is only step one and they need to control the speed in order to control the population.

go to fast and the money isn't worth enough when they take it back.

step two involves ways to get it all back and keep it as gold and other wealth.

controlling the populations makes it easier.

funding and re-funding the methods makes the wealth come back, and keeps the suspicions focused on other things.

the 1980's Iran-Contra scandal was one such example:

rationalrevolution.net...

The CIA Drug connection under Reagan

Under President Ronald Reagan America not only increased its involvement in the Middle East by supplying arms to both Iraq and Iran in their war against each other, but America stepped up its involvement in conflicts around the world, especially South America.

The “War on Drugs” really started with President Nixon and his attack on marijuana, but Reagan is known as the “Just Say No” president for his campaign against recreational drugs in America and a strong policy of international drug eradication. Under Reagan’s policy, at a time when Americans were being presented with strong anti-drug propaganda, the CIA was in fact an accomplice to a large narcotics smuggling ring in the United States. It was in fact Reagan’s policies that led to the cooperation between the CIA and the Contras. The Contras were a counter-revolutionary group that was fighting against the Sandinistas to return the corrupt Somoza regime to power in Nicaragua.

In a 1986 White House speech Ronald Reagan Stated: "Despite our best efforts, illegal coc aine is coming into our country at alarming levels and 4 to 5 million people regularly use it."

In 1998 the CIA finally admitted to its involvement in drug trafficking in the United States after years of federal investigation by the Kerry Congressional Committee. What the CIA admitted to was allowing coc aine trafficking to take place by Contras who were being supported by the CIA, using facilities and resources supplied by the US government, and preventing investigation into these activities by other agencies. This was done because funds for the support of militant groups in South America had been withdrawn by Congress so the CIA allowed the Contras to engage in the drug trade in the United States in order to make money to fund their military operations. If you are wondering why this was not covered more widely in the news during the Clinton Administration it may be because Arkansas was one of the major trafficking centers for the operations.

drugs are big business.

if nations did not want drug money, how hard would it be to simply wipe it out ?

the U.S. has all the capabilities to stop everything at the Mexican border.

put a carrier fleet in the Gulf and carpet bomb the caravans would be so simple with the satellite cameras ..... right ? and probably no American casulties !

but they will never do it.

there are higher (no pun intended !) authorities that say yes and no.

and its not just the U.S. ... other nations do the same thing.

it's almost like a "shadow" government ... only world wide, just the oil cartels.

good thread .... F&*

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I have read allegations, that America and Mexico protect the Sinaloa drug cartel. Apart from corruption, why would they do that? Apparently there is even evidence that a crashed Gulfstream II Jet with 4 tons of coc aine on board originating from the Sinaloa cartel belong to the CIA.

theintelhub.com...

Are there still a majority of the people who believe the Drug War is about stopping drugs? How naive. Why one cartel is preferred over another is some inside information I am not privvy to. Your statement about 4 tons of coc aine belonging to the CIA should provide some clue though.

Any idea which country that coc aine was intended for? Consider all the players involved in getting those drugs to their destination and who they are. Consider how high up the food chain or how deep down the rabbit hole some of these people have to be to orchestrate this. This is why the Global War on Drugs must be stopped immediately and why it never will.

edit on 9-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The drugtrade in America seems to be worth 40 Billion Dollars. Thats 3 less than pepsi makes in a year. Unless that number is grossly underexxagerrated, I do not see money as a driving factor for the people at the top, which would be involved if the allegations are true.

That power brokers in America and Mexico might be heavily involved in the drug trade might be true, I am just puzzled at the motive.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

The drugtrade in America seems to be worth 40 Billion Dollars. Thats 3 less than pepsi makes in a year. Unless that number is grossly underexxagerrated, I do not see money as a driving factor for the people at the top, which would be involved if the allegations are true.

That power brokers in America and Mexico might be heavily involved in the drug trade might be true, I am just puzzled at the motive.

I am just wondering if 40 billion represents just the value of the drug trade...because I do agree it is a very low estimate in my opinion. Considering all the money that is funding the DEA, FBI, etc...and that is just in the states alone...I have to wonder what kind of funding the US puts out there globaly each year. Money has and always is the driving force behind anything to do with drugs...legal or illegal...so I think it is true in this situation also.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

theintelhub.com...

Google and do your own research, digest it with what you know and dive deeper.

Decide for yourself!

Always remember; "do not believe every thing that you think". It is a larger issue.

CIA drug trafficking
Bush family Nazi connection
Bush drug lord
Bush Sr. narco trafficking

Regards and Nameste,

-Chung
edit on 9-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: spelling

edit on 9-6-2011 by ChungTsuU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
exactly. did a soldier tell you about it?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 7thcavtrooper

Sorry I am unable to tell. Who are you talking to?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

edit on 10-6-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: pressed reply by mistake instead of edit

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

theintelhub.com...

So they could have eyes in the dark areas of terrorisim. Who can better watch and gather data on terrorist then extremist with simular links as the terrorist. So the GOv says you know they want to transport that bad stuff here and if they doo ALL the borders close = no more mobey so they gave the extremist incintive. Keep an eye out let us know in exchange you all can get paid. = no nukes should of been able to come in should

This is all speculation OF COURSE.
edit on 6/10/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

I don’t know if this claim is true or not but I do know that the USA has a history of supporting drug runners or at least looking the other way. This is presumably because of corruption and as a means to maintain the authority of the ruling class. They need a conflict or a Hobgoblin to stir up emotions and they routinely find one way or another. In many cases this may not be a well planned conspiracy instead it may be a culture of corruption and incompetence but the results are the same.

I noticed someone mentioned the Kerry report which is good since it came from the government. A couple other good sources are Alfred McCoy’s “Politics of Heroin” and Gary Webb’s “Dark Alliances.”

They have a history of funding military action to support corporate corruption with drug money although they use proxies to do this.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
for the same reason we are still in afghanistan even though the CIA estimates there are only about 25 (I think) AQ members still in afghanistan, and it's obvious all the AQ dudes are in pakistan or yemen

drug money

drug money for black ops specifically

drug money for black ops specifically so they don't have to go to congress for it

top topics

join