It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yet another EQ in UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Please see this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a thread I started, but I have no idea how to update the thread title which would be useful to know, it would save starting a new thread! Anyhow, here is the link for todays shake in the UK

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
jane

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
1.5 magnitude? How is that worth reporting?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I live smack bang on a fault line in the uk surrounded by mineshafts.
If I disappear down one due to a shake I'll make sure someone comes and lets ATS know, until then theres probably no reason to report every blind mole digging through someones back garden.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

Because it is. If you could have a look at the other thread I have started (but can't update the title thread which would draw people's attention back to it) it would make mire sense.

I am just doing what the EQ's seem to be doing in the UK........'creeping'!

One day it will turn into a 'jackhammer' though!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

Yes there is. If you would look at the BGS site (which is also linked in my other thread) you would see that the readings are becoming more active.

However I appreciate your comment, and recognise that I will no doubt get a lot of 'flack' for posting what seems to be a trivial little 'shudder' that people wont even have felt. But believe me, something bigger is coming. I sincerely hope that whether you get a shudder, shake or quake, that you stay safe and don't dissappear down a mine shaft.

i am not posting these for scaremongering reasons. Actually I am probably quite 'cold' in my reasons, purely geographical. However I also feel fore warned fore armed.

I am putting this up here for interest only, for discussion on 'creep' lithographic fracturing etc. Which I was hoping more people would have taken an interest in in my previous thread. C'est la vie!

Rainbows
jane

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

One day any earthquake will turn into a jackhammer.

Thats like saying, "One day a cataclysmic asteroid will hit earth."
It will, because its inevitable. a 1.5 is nothing, waste of a thread, and peoples time IMO.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Although no earthquakes have been reported over a 5.8 in the UK it is no stranger to earthquakes. Most notable in recent history was a 5.4 earthquake on July 19, 1984. There was a 5.1 earthquake on April 2, 1990. The largest reported swarm was in October 2002. I have seen nothing you have posted anywhere near the severity just stated. With the new ability to record earthquakes we are now made aware of minor ones that would have otherwise gone unnoticed. Personally I wouldn't be getting my panties in a knot.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Incrased seisimic activity in Iceland

I wonder if another volcano is gonna wake up soon..
Hope not.

Sorry I misread the topic saying Iceland, poor me.

edit on 9-6-2011 by mikkun because: oops

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That was last thursday.
I think you should call them tremors, they really are not quakes, and I was supposedly near one recently

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mikkun

Thank you. It could very well be that UK is picking up 'vibes' from Iceland and all the stuff that is happening in Europe. I understand Iceland is having another wave of quite deep EQ's at the moment. Stay safe.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Bovey Tracey, Devon

hisz.rsoe.hu...

Rainbows
Jane

top topics

join