It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Anyway....I hate how he didn't have anyone to run and be happy to celebrate this moment with him at the end, and walk away alone.. damn.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTruthShallLive
im reading that homeless children can go to school

id like to point everyone to a situation in the usa

a woman was homeless, and tried sending her kids to a school

the woman was arrested because she wasnt a member of that school district

now this isnt the usa

but when a story like that comes from a highly manipulative tv show

to believe it simply not smart

Let alone if this kid registered for school (YES you have to actually register for school in s. korea also)
With no address and it was found he *broke out of* an orphanage. He would be sent back to an orphanage.
In S. Korea it is the same as the USA if you are not in the custody of adults your in custody of the province..
It is total BS.
So your going to tell me he went to school for years and NO ONE EVER found out he was homeless,
faked registration, and had NO parents or someone in legal custody of him?

Come on folks GET REAL.
edit on 9-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

Apparently you can't conceive of a desperate person being clever enough to persevere and get the things they need.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

Apparently you can't conceive of a desperate person being clever enough to persevere and get the things they need.

You can't conceive that a tv show would make up a totally
false facade and fabricated story due to their pull on your emotional strings.
PROFIT on the dumb...

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Well there I have to totally agree with you. I'm not saying this isn't a total fraud, it might be. Even the news is a total entertainment BS production. But I don't have any reason to believe this guy's background is not what they say it is. Many famous people have been plucked off the street simply because it really does make great TV.

Noted Individuals Who Have Experienced Homelessness

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Well there I have to totally agree with you. I'm not saying this isn't a total fraud, it might be. Even the news is a total entertainment BS production. But I don't have any reason to believe this guy's background is not what they say it is. Many famous people have been plucked off the street simply because it really does make great TV.

Noted Individuals Who Have Experienced Homelessness

They don't have to pluck anyone off the street, they just make the crap up with anyone.
Look, it is already admitted it was TOTALLY edited for sensational value, I don't believe
anything that comes out of the crap box... Hook line and sinker people. It is utter BS

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
It sounded out of tune to me.

Some notes where flat and some where just not there.

But a tough kid who had a tough life. Lets hope things change for him.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
if this is like the x-factor i am suprised so many think it is real. it should be common knowledge the x-factor and programmes like it are fixed and the results are fixed. they follow the same pattern year in year out.

one of which is the sympathy vote. his storey could be real, but i highly suspect it is nothing more than the tear jerk sympathy vote, it will bring in lots of cash as people phone in to vote for them out of sympathy. this is proberbly nothing more than marketing to certain sections of the public to get them onboard into supporting one of their contestants, their vote may count or may not, it just depends wether they were decided to win it or not.

its just about how much can be raked in whilst keeping the population idolising other people and wasting their time on mindless trash and keeping them entertained whilst making them think 'they' can effect the outcome by phoning in and parting with their cash.

i am not saying he cannot sing, i just doubt the background storey and think it has been taliored to appeal to the audience.
edit on 9-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

May be totally fabricated, but I doubt it. He probably did grow up on the streets. Every show is edited, it has to be, especially for time constraints, or even continuity.

It is just as ignorant to believe nothing as it is to believe everything.

It seems to me you have a personal axe to grind here for some reason. I get the impression you have something against poor people. That if someone came in here and said they were homeless, you would try to flame them right off the board with stupid points like "if you were homeless, you wouldn't have internet." I could be wrong of course, but call it a hunch.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I don't get it. I mean, his voice isn't bad...

but he should really enunciate better.

I could hardly understand a word he was singing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n
I don't get it. I mean, his voice isn't bad...

but he should really enunciate better.

I could hardly understand a word he was singing.

Did you bother listening to the judges. Did any of them say he was a great singer?

I'm convinced. People that look for crap - - make sure they see crap. It seems to be their choice.
edit on 10-6-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

I don't doubt his background story at all. But I totally agree with your assessment of these phone-in reality show contests. Sort of like our national political elections. The stories of the candidates are all mostly true, but the performance leading up to the elections are entertainment, and the results were decided already at last year's Bilderberg meeting.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I don't doubt his background story at all. But I totally agree with your assessment of these phone-in reality show contests. Sort of like our national political elections. The stories of the candidates are all mostly true, but the performance leading up to the elections are entertainment, and the results were decided already at last year's Bilderberg meeting.

So you believe the USA presidential election is fake and fixed, but not some run of the mill
crap tv show?

you people are half ass backwards

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Lame, I didn't watch the video and it doesn't matter how well he sings, chances are he sang like that his whole life and it never got him a family or riches before... So yeah there is a reason for that, and no its not the elitist agenda on keeping "the man" down. He is probably just lazy and shys away from responsibility like all bums do.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I see homeless people everyday... You go on as if homeless people in general are a myth. Maybe this is fake maybe the tv producers jumped on the opportunity to air this guy, but one thing is for sure, you don't know, stop pushing when all you have to back it up is silly trust issues. "They" "them" are human too but everything in the real world isn't perfect and imperfections aren't scripted by "them".

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

So you believe the USA presidential election is fake and fixed, but not some run of the mill
crap tv show?

you people are half ass backwards

You misunderstand. I never said the show wasn't fake. But once again, even in a faked election, the "talent-help" is real, or close to it. I mean basically what you are trying to tell us is that Bush didn't go to Harvard.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Yep, not a dry eye in sight. What a joy to know that this beautiful man shares this planet with us. I also hope that he has a blessed and love filled life.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

He was a bum when he was a kid? He is working now, so I fail to understand your comment.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by kykweer

He was a bum when he was a kid? He is working now, so I fail to understand your comment.

Sounds to me like he was working when he was a kid too. Hustling cans of soda and packs of gum may not be enough to pay the rent in most towns, but nonetheless, it is work as much as any other job. Probably got jumped and robbed more than once too.

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean

I kind of assumed he was homeless when I read the thread title, sorry if I was wrong... Next thing we know he probably has 5 kids and drives a honda?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join