It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AWE-INSPIRING: Man With No Family Or Home Displays His Amazing Talent Before Korean Audience

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

How is it BS? He said he went to school.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CobraCommander

The whole story is BS.
From the sleeping in womens restrooms to the selling gum on the street..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Did you read it? They left parts out, but the heart of the story is true. Also, read the comments on that page.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0

Did you read it? They left parts out, but the heart of the story is true. Also, read the comments on that page.

I do not believe ANY OF IT!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Although touching the hearts of viewers with his beautiful voice, the editing by the producers caused him to become embroiled in a controversy that left viewers both confused and angry after discovering that he had graduated from an arts high school.

eugenecho.wordpress.com...

well done agent_t;

this thread is really about how people feelings can be so easily manipulated by tv producers

judging by the avalanche of flags/reactions they are really good and successful at that.

the problem is that here it is ats and ats members pretend to be awake, aware... so it is very worrying to see such a lack of critical thinking or maybe it is only those last year facebook ats members that are flagging reacting & so very first degreely... shame really in any case

wake up sheeple this was tv: you don't know TV better after all those years, do you ?
edit on 9-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

If you keep looking only bad things in everything, then you will become that.
Been awake or have awareness is more to see positive where others only see negativity.
Just smile once in a while

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Do you know this young man? If not, you cannot say his story is untrue.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly

The whole story is BS.
From the sleeping in womens restrooms to the selling gum on the street..

No it's not. What, you don't think a homeless person can go to school? I was homeless, I went to school AND held down a full time job. For a while anyway.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I don't think anyone really has a right to debate his story - sure it can help bolster his favor.. but unless you know him it doesn't really make sense to call him a liar. Homeless people can go to school here in the U.S.A, so why not other countries, as well? Anyway...
He has a phenomenal voice - I hope things bode well for him. He has a real talent regardless of his past.

edit on 9-6-2011 by ErgoSphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

No it's not. What, you don't think a homeless person can go to school? I was homeless, I went to school AND held down a full time job. For a while anyway.

Sure a homeless person could go to school.

I'm saying THIS kid's story is fabricated.

Where is the investigation into this orphanage he escaped from
and was beaten at?

How did he buy gum and energy drinks to dispense?
He got the gum and energy drinks for free?

Did someone allow him to sell THEIR energy drinks and gum?
If so how long would it take to get a hotel or apartment since he had a job?
A year at most..

Did he steal the gum and energy drinks and then re-sale it?

This kid could sue (YES YOU CAN SUE PEOPLE IN S. KOREA)
the crap out of this orphanage.

The authorities do not let adults beat children in S. Korea.

Out of the thousands of people, they find the ONE homeless from birth street kid who can sing
better then anyone on the show? Who was beaten in a orphanage, escaped the orphanage, slept in womens bathrooms, then sold gum and energy drinks that came out of thin air, and no one still has investigated this orphanage?

This kid wasn't on the news before Korea's got talent?

It's a total cop out fabricated BS lie. To sell to dim-wits..

edit on 9-6-2011 by hillynilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
It is still a TV talent show. He will be used as a talking point and money making device. These shows are basically soap operas: no one (audience, judges, participants) seems to actually care about making music, they simply want to be 'that' famous person which is why they all sing on a tv show rather than play music consistently.

They're almost unbelievable. So incredibly cynical and disingenuous.

Ex

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I am just shocked at all of the skeptics in this thread.

I truely believe we all have one great talent...this young man has found his.
When destiny and fate meet.......it is overwhelming.
Good Luck to this young man,

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I think you are making a whole lot of erroneous assumptions about him and about poverty in general. Whenever someone is poor, there is someone to come up with a million and one reasons why the person must be lieing about really being that poor, or it's their own fault.

As far as the orphanage goes, you need more than the word of some kid that he was beaten almost 20 years ago, you need evidence. And for all we know, the orphanage is not even there anymore. And your notion that they "don't allow that in Korea" is pretty stupid too. I guess we must allow it here in the US though since it happens all the time.

As far as where he got the gum and soda, maybe he did steal some. Maybe he panhandled to get his first case or two. Who knows. Doesn't mean he is lieing though. You do understand how business works don't you? You sell your product at more than what you paid for it, in order to take some profit for yourself, and at the same time getting enough money to re-supply with a new shipment of product.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
How about if there was some Libyan youth who was hurt by NATO bombs dropping on them, yet they are a genius in physics and have solved string theory at the age of 9. You wont hear that story being broadcast because it makes the elite look bad.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sue?

The whole concept is the fact about his authenticity and his ability to LET GO of the past. The Kid is being rewarded by this amazing opportunity to change the world. He does not hold a grudge, he will not sue, even if he had the opportunity.

He could very have well stolen all his selling material, however, his personal debt will show his own initiative to make up for his personal past.

I see this boy using his abilities to create orphanages for children who may (I don't know South Korea culture status at the moment) have been in HIS very same predicament, if he ever received a prize or anything else to that regard.

Pessimism and Cynics give an indication of their hopeless ideologies and inability to have faith in the human race.

His actions in the future will speak louder than words. Get it???

Friend of mine: "Our experiences are NOT what define us - but our attachments to them."

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Thanks for the post!! S & F
Brings warmth and hope in this world of madness everywhere.
A welcome relief on ATS from all the fear and doom scenarios.
Literally brought tears to my eyes.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers!!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

If you keep looking only bad things in everything, then you will become that.
Been awake or have awareness is more to see positive where others only see negativity.
Just smile once in a while

the fact of the matter that you might not want to see (but if you might, would u still use a footballer for avatar ?) is that the emotional reaction is driven by the interview, by the editing, by the producers.

Not by the music: if i cut that video and give you to just listen to the audio of the 1' of singing, none of you will react.

i smile when i witness great performances of artists, and believe me, i love art & music so i do that a lot.

i don't smile when i see the sheeple being emotionally manipulated by TV IMAGES; it reminds me 911 to start with.

and whether his story is real or fake doesn't change this fact. i have no grief against the boy : in both case he is surely being manipulated as well: me say to him: "take the girl & the cash and turn your back on this sub-zero marshmallow culture... if you want to be a musician"
edit on 9-6-2011 by XmikaX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

So a street kid with no family just happens to be able to sing beautiful Opera? Seems quite unlikely.....where woud he even learn a piece like that?..But hey, I'll buy into it I guess, unless I hear evidence it's just a put on....I suppose it's possible. I'll choose to believe it, for now....I guess I can't always be a cynic. That's not what I found odd about it though.....What I found odd was that he apparently sold 'energy drinks and gum' on the streets!!! Say What?!?!?! That's just downright surreal! I guess I'll just assume it must be a cultural difference....I can't imagine seeing a street kid selling Energy Drinks and Gum in my city.

You are either born with the voice or not.....I could take 5 million dollars worth of opera lessons and never be this good.

Money can't create talent..

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
TextVery touching post. Thank you for sharing with us because I probably would not have come across it otherwise. If it is all pans out to be true, this is an amazing and truly inspiring story.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
im reading that homeless children can go to school

id like to point everyone to a situation in the usa

a woman was homeless, and tried sending her kids to a school

the woman was arrested because she wasnt a member of that school district

now this isnt the usa

but when a story like that comes from a highly manipulative tv show

to believe it simply not smart

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Don't know what to say...........Beautiful.........thanks for posing that thread

Wow

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join