It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Wins Immigration Suit!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KingAtlas

It isn't so difficult that thousands of Mexicans are able to come here legally.

All they have to do is contact the immigration office, request documents, wait until the paper work is processed, pay a fee and walk across the river.

So easy a caveman can do it.

Unfortunatly just walking across the river without giving a damn about the law of the land they want to live in is so easy a monkey can do it.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't discount that Canada was Native American land before, actually I was including it in by inference.

If I had the land I would more than gladly welcome them all.

I am not trying to argue with you, you have an opinion, feel free to have one.

As for thinking Americans are bad, I do have alot of american friends.

You are assuming that all americans think like you, which is not true.

'We have different views of the worth of human life.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
The bill is designed to prevent employers from hiring all illegal immigrants. It just so happens that the vast majority of them in Arizona are Mexican or some other Hispanic nationality. It shouldn't be a problem at all, because all someone has to do is have proper documentation and proof that they are eligible to work in the US, just like I and everyone else with a job had to do.

Yes - I know the bill is designed to apply to all illegal immigrants.

Do you live in Arizona?

Do you? No I don't, and that is irrelevant.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingAtlas
reply to post by macman

'We have different views of the worth of human life.

Oh I agree. You think that their life is of higher value then mine due to the economic state of their home country. Very single minded.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

And further more. This issue not only involves my "opinion" it also involves the laws in my home country, not yours.

I will gladly direct all illegals to your residence. Please provide your contact info and I will get it to those on the borders.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

They are your own people.

my own people are legal us citizens who bothered to learn to speak english and who bothered to become productive citizens of society and pay taxes and pumping money back into the economy.

my people arent those those illegals who come here and steal a job from a legal american and send the bulk of their money back to mexico.

this issue is the fact that there are over 310 millions americans and we have an unemployement rate of 9.1% which means we have 28 million americans out of work.

and we have 20 million if not way more taking jobs that those americans should be working.

please blah blah about manufacturing

the government ,globalization,technology,regulations,taxes,human resources,education are the biggest elements of why manufacturing is leaving this country but the biggest reason they leave is money

china has and we dont .

in the long run unckecked immigration leads to increase crime rates because we dont have the jobs or resources to maintain those levels and both legal and illegal have children and those children have childern and a economy that cant support any of us.
edit on 8-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Okay fine...

Quoted from >>>>>>>>>>civilliberty.about.com...

"But our government's leaders, white supremacists though they were, weren't stupid. They knew they had a railroad to build, and they knew they'd need Mexican labor to build it. When 55,000 migrant workers were brought into the former Mexican territories to work on the railroads between 1850 and 1880, nobody called them illegal aliens--but that's essentially what they were. Our leaders looked the other way as they were paid substandard wages, worked under harsh conditions, and received none of the constitutional protections that U.S. citizens received. Our leaders, whose supporters stood to benefit from the labor, saw no problem with this and made no serious effort to end the practice. Sound familiar?

Immigration really picked up in 1910 with the Mexican Revolution; over 50,000 Mexican workers immigrated to the United States every year looking for jobs, and our leaders welcomed them with open arms as long as there was a need for them--they proved particularly useful during World War I. Then, as soon as the public began to grow concerned that the migrant workers were taking jobs from citizens, American political leaders suddenly discovered "the rule of law." Maybe this sounds familiar, too.

In 1929, the U.S. government responded by cracking down on undocumented immigrants. Well, that was the pretense, anyway. Of the two million people forcibly deported to Mexico during this period, 1.2 million had been born in the United States and really should have been considered citizens"

Quoted from >>>> immigrationmexicanamerican.blogspot.com...

""Hate Crimes against Latinos" are increasing at the same rate as "Hate Groups in America" are rising.
The FBI reports that since 2003 - "Hate Crimes against Latinos" increased by 41%. SPLC reports since 2000 - "Hate groups in the US" have increased by 48%. It is clear these hate groups are recruiting on the web. Their audience? Young people. Their target? Illegal Immigrants."

also from same source

"Activitists from the restrictionist groups “Save our State” and “Voice of the People” conducted numerous demonstrations. Many demonstrators included members from Neo-Nazi, Skinhead and White Nationalist groups. Both SOS and VoP are affiliated with CAPS, the Minutemen, PA Pundits, Diggers Realm and other like-minded restrictionist groups and websites.
Beyond Hate Crimes are the Racial Profiling raids occurring across the country in locations where restrictionist laws were introduced. Examples include Maricopa County in Arizona and Tulsa, Oklahoma. State and Local law enforcement agencies in partnership with ICE through 287 (g) agreements have conducted numerous “Suppression Sweeps” in towns with large Latino populations which have resulted in Racial Profiling, not only for Latinos but anyone who “looks Latino” including Native Americans, Asians, Middle Easterners and Pacific Islanders. In Maricopa County, these suppression raids have caused all Brown people (and people with loved ones that are Brown) to live in fear, constantly carrying their Passport, Social Security Card and Birth Certificates along with their Driver´s License. If they are caught up in a suppression sweep, without these documents, they are likely to be incarcerated into a Detention Center until these documents are produced. This has caused Latino parents across Maricopa County to ensure their young children have these documents on their person at all times, along with a cell phone and numbers to call. Their children live in fear of being stopped by the police."

Quoted from >>>>>>>>. en.wikipedia.org...

"According to a Pew Hispanic Center report, in 2005, 56% of illegal immigrants were from Mexico; 22% were from other Latin American countries, primarily from Central America;[4] 13% were from Asia; 6% were from Europe and Canada; and 3% were from Africa and the rest of the world.[4]"

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Semantics again. Crime is crime now matter how you try to defend it. There are levels of severity based on intent, and human suffering (i.e. murder). Beyond that the two are virtually identical. So if you have no sympathy for the bank robber, then by your own reasoning there can be no sympathy for the illegal alien.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Wow! A blog! Guess I missed using an encyclopedia for my facts! I have no doubt some of this happened, however most railroad labor was Chinese.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

"But that's different."

Ring any bells? The most commonly used excuse/retort by most Liberals.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I don't think their lives are more valuable, I think they are equal.

I couldn't help them all, but one day perhaps I could.

Discriminating against me because I am Canadian is offensive.

They might be laws of your land, but you had no part in making them, only enforcing them.
By that logic you would support an law passed but your land?

It is the job of responible citizens to question, and denounce the government if need be.
That is how your country was founded, and mine.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

It is the job of responible citizens to question, and denounce the government if need be.

thats what we been doing here not making excuses for them.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I don't think their lives are more valuable, I think they are equal.

I couldn't help them all, but one day perhaps I could.

Discriminating against me because I am Canadian is offensive.

They might be laws of your land, but you had no part in making them, only enforcing them.
By that logic you would support an law passed but your land?

That is how your country was founded, and mine.

Ah, I am dealing with a Liberal theorist. That explains SO much.
How is it that I am discriminating against you? Because I say that you have no business with US immigration law?
You are offended? Good. I am offended that you are offended. See how stupid that sounds?
No, if you believed that we were equal, you would expect from them the same as expected from me. To abide by the laws and not violate my country's law. But, you don't.
So, because I personally did not help create the law, it makes it void? Ok, I will play that game. You did not help create the laws in Canada, thus making your laws void as well. I will be right over to help myself to whats inside your house, as the trespass and burglary laws are void, since you did not help create them.
I have no problem with MY country having valid laws in regards to borders, immigration and citizenship and expect those laws to be enforced.

It is obvious that you have a large chip on your shoulder when it comes to the US.
If you want the illegals in Canada, by all means, using your logic, create the law to allow this. Because after all, if you did not create it, it is void.

A big gigantic
for you.

edit on 8-6-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I have no Ill will to america, you are creating that.

Just because I have an opinion that is not yours I have a chip on my shoulder about america..???
I am a Canadian, so I should have no right to post on a subject concerning america????
Should I just ask you befor I post anything to see if it is alright??

I am not a "Liberal theorist"... I am a person with an opinion, why label me.

I am not saying that the laws are not there for a reason, you are extremly defensive on the subject.

I am saying that there is a human element that is discarded when dealing with these people.

I think that there is an extremism on this subject. Your disregard for me, doesn't concern me, you are not important to me. You can feel however you want, hate whoever you want, do what you will - I am not concerned with you.

I only hope that one day, we won't be treating people in such a manner. It won't be anytime in the near futur, I just see it as wrong, I am not sorry if that is not what you want me to think.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

The bill is designed to prevent employers from hiring all illegal immigrants. It just so happens that the vast majority of them in Arizona are Mexican or some other Hispanic nationality. It shouldn't be a problem at all, because all someone has to do is have proper documentation and proof that they are eligible to work in the US, just like I and everyone else with a job had to do.

Yes - I know the bill is designed to apply to all illegal immigrants.

Do you live in Arizona?

Do you? No I don't, and that is irrelevant.

Yes actually I do. On the SW border.

Did you know Arizona is the #1 grower of winter vegetables. Did you know they are a major supplier of farmed shrimp?

Arizona is very very important to agriculture. I know many people think Arizona is just desert and painted rock.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I have no Ill will to america, you are creating that.

Just because I have an opinion that is not yours I have a chip on my shoulder about america..???
I am a Canadian, so I should have no right to post on a subject concerning america????
Should I just ask you befor I post anything to see if it is alright??

I am not a "Liberal theorist"... I am a person with an opinion, why label me.

I am not saying that the laws are not there for a reason, you are extremly defensive on the subject.

I am saying that there is a human element that is discarded when dealing with these people.

I think that there is an extremism on this subject. Your disregard for me, doesn't concern me, you are not important to me. You can feel however you want, hate whoever you want, do what you will - I am not concerned with you.

I only hope that one day, we won't be treating people in such a manner. It won't be anytime in the near futur, I just see it as wrong, I am not sorry if that is not what you want me to think.

As a Canadian, no I don't think you have a say in the American Border. Just like I have no say in the Canadian border and laws. I am not so self important to think that a US citizen should be injecting opinion in Canadian affairs.
You don't need my permission. But don't cry and complain when you are put in check.
I don't hate people. That is your greatest misconception. You think that because US citizens want the legal enforcement of our borders, that we hate those crossing here. You could not be more wrong.
What we expect is that they come here legally. Period
And spare me the sob story of how long it takes, or you heard from someone that knows a person that read on a blog that its hard. So what. If they want it, they can go through the correct process, not crossing over illegally.
As for as mistreating them. How is that? Are they being tarred and feathered and ran out of town? Are they being poked with sticks while being called derogatory slang names?
NO.
They are being told that here is the law, you broke it.

This is truly mind blowing. Again. If you want them, change Canadian law.

I also love the fact that you really don't address anything I have responded with.
Avoidance, distract and change the subject.

Now you get

You have failed in everything except pitching your one world humanity crap.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I am truly in awe.

You don't read what I say, just skim and flame.

Obviously you missed the part where I say "I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE REASONS FOR THE LAWS BEING THERE"

As for responding to what you say, you've said nothing, posed nothing but, take them in your house if you want them, which is juvenile and unrealistic. To which i responded - I can't take them all here, i do not have the land, but perhaps one day I could help them.

As for you saying they are not mistreated, because they are not "tared and feathered" again juvinile.
In my personal opinion I think they are mistreated, maybe we differ in what is mistreatment.

I am saying that they are human being who have been doing the jobs in society for years that no one has wanted until recently. And even now, most don't want them.

Blind patriotism helps no one.

Maybe you think you are right, does it matter- not to me.

As for me being canadian and that I should not be posting on american border laws, that is a joke right?

By your logic, americans should not be posting on Middle east laws. There are plenty of people her eposting about palestinian/isreali borders, should this also be not allowed? Maybe you can write your congressman and pass a law??

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Awesome news. I have no issue with immigrants, but illegals...

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I am truly in awe.

Obviously you missed the part where I say "I UNDERSTAND THERE ARE REASONS FOR THE LAWS BEING THERE"

No, you don't. Because if you did understand, then you would not rally behind those breaking the law.

As for responding to what you say, you've said nothing, posed nothing but, take them in your house if you want them, which is juvenile and unrealistic. To which i responded - I can't take them all here, i do not have the land, but perhaps one day I could help them.

So the US must then? Nothing like telling others what to do, without first doing yourself.

As for you saying they are not mistreated, because they are not "tared and feathered" again juvinile.
In my personal opinion I think they are mistreated, maybe we differ in what is mistreatment.

Oh, you are right. They are mistreated. They are told they are here illegally, then given handouts, welfare, free education, free hospital visits (By skipping out of the bill), false names due to being arrested for other criminal acts and get to skip out on the consequences of that, get cities and towns to build structures for them to hang out to get manual labor jobs (Under the table), lobbyists groups and so on and so on.
Yeah, they are really mistreated...

I am saying that they are human being who have been doing the jobs in society for years that no one has wanted until recently. And even now, most don't want them.

So what. The person that lived in your house or on your land before you has claim to it, because they were before you? I think not.

What do you mean?

My response to that is Flying Yellow Boatsman.

As for me being canadian and that I should not be posting on american border laws, that is a joke right?

By your logic, americans should not be posting on Middle east laws. There are plenty of people her eposting about palestinian/isreali borders, should this also be not allowed? Maybe you can write your congressman and pass a law??

I don't think we have any say in what goes on in the ME.
I don't control others. I don't inject my opinion in threads dealing with Canadian affairs.

You really assume alot and that is your failure.

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

I am truly in awe.

And again. Avoidance, Distraction and change the subject.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join