It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palehorse450R

I find it hard to believe lanterns are gonna be equally spaced perfectly as is shown here, you would think they would be more erratic.
Jack in the Burg
edit on 7/4/10 by Palehorse450R because: Sp

Is it improbable that the lanterns could be tethered together with a decently firm/unbendable wire or something like that? That would keep them in the same position. I've never really seen a Chinese Lantern, so I don't know, but it seemed like that could be a possibility that would explain why the lights don't move around in relation to one another.

And, really great video OP! This is why I love ATS....I do hope you reported it to an online reporting site... they are simple to use and that way the reporting center can get as much data as possible and really attempt to figure out what is going on.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Well, in fact, there are several datas that we don't know, like (in the "solid" object hypothesis"):
* Was it tilted?
* If so, how many degrees?
* Distance...
* Height....

The word "perfectly" is not really accurate here, and that's the only word that led me to do these measurements.

Anyway, since I wasn't able to see any "solid" object between the lights, I tend to agree with you.

Edit to add that I would be very surprised to see an exact equilateral triangle in the lantern hypothesis. What are the chances for this to happen?

So what we have is either a solid object very far away from the observer (and huge) or three thai lanterns in (almost
) an equilateral shape.
edit on 6-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but I think this is video of exactly what you saw.

Pax

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thestillborn1

Wow! So great to hear that others are seeing this too. I have never really had a serious concern for spacecraft and the like, but this has certainly swayed my thoughts on the subject. Hopefully, if it returns, I will obtain more evidence.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

Yes. That is the video that I posted.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

Yeah, I just figured that out! Lol! Excellent footage. I used to live in Nashville and know exactly
where you are talking about! How bizarre! Let's see how the media tries to explain this away!

Thanks for sharing!
Pax

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Could this possibly be one of them noss satellite's or something similar?? I've seen a few things mentioned about them on here before.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
awesome photo - the lights are in a perfect triangular formation, makes you wonder why they'd have their lights on anyway.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
By equal sided triangle, I mean relatively so - if it was at any sort of an angle, then the sides may well appear diffrent lengths, even if that wasn't the case.

I'd like to see the video, to see if the distance between remained constant as it turned, and if the lights moved in a way that would indicate a single, solid object.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by thestillborn1

Wow! So great to hear that others are seeing this too.

this is probably the most witnessed UFO in the US. If you go to MUFON and check the past reports, or even ATS for that matter and search three lights, or triangle, you get lots of hits. The frequency and amount of sightings is what drives my opinion of terrestrial. Looking back at black projects like the SR-71 and the F-177,and the B-2, it's easy to see how the next secret plane would be hidden from public view for years and years.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Ok from a technical standpoint is where i will be speaking from. Knowing a bit about photography, it is safe for me to assume that it seems smaller in this picture than it did in real life?

Analysis:
1. High amount of Color Noise, as expected due to low light and sell phone camera. Doesn't mean much.
2. Not enough light to accurately portray the triangular shape of the craft, leaving only the lights as indicators. Also expected due to modern camera limitations.
3. No sign of "photoshop techniques" (dodge, burn, ect) See attached.
4. Low quality image (cant really be helped due to low light and tiny sensor)

My analysis leads me to think this is one of the more credible photos, although there are others like it. Problem is, is this isnt impossible to get something similar out of photoshop. I do not think a reproduction would have the same level of information in the details. And what i mean by that is, that there is orange glow not just in the balls of orange (or the image noise) as it seems to extend outside the source a bit. This is indicating a glowing object, because as we know, light does not just stop in air.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elepheagle
Hey-

I opened up the photo in Photoshop and played around with Brightness/Contrast, and I also inverted the colors. I did not see anything to indicate it was a solid object; ended up looking more like three points of light.

Very interesting story, and sounds very much like the infamous sighting in Belgium. Thank you for sharing!

The infamous photo you speak of from Belgium has shown to be an actual craft with 3 lights, as opposed to 3 separate points of light with no craft, as seen in the OP's photo....

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Maybe this video will better explain what I'm talking about.

The (in)famous Paris triangle UFO:

I'm only using this because it's triangle shaped, it's not the best example because it's CGI but the way it's made shows what I'm trying to explain.

Basically, it comes down to perspective.

When it's viewed side on the triangle appears to be obtuse, for it to appear (close to) equilateral like in the picture it would need to be flying on it's side, right?

Or almost directly overhead.

Then, as you say there is the fact that there is no change on colouration between the lights, suggesting there's nothing there.

THEN, with the video showing two lights gone, makes me lean even further towards lanterns...

Yes, it's pretty rare to have them in an (almost) equilateral triangle but it isn't impossible and more probable than the craft being perpendicular to the observer.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Great analysis. Thanks for checking it out. As you can point out - that image went directly from my phone to FB and ATS.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Most likely, it's the TR-3B or a modification of said vessel. Still highly classified, there have been more and more sightings. From what I've heard and read, this craft will be declassified no later than 2025.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

One thing that I cannot fathom - If the US/World Gov't has the technology to produce this kind of aircraft - why have lights on it at all? If it is a "Black" project - Why would you have the lights "on"?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

I don't know, I also wonder where a football field size ship parks at, but if it's not ours, we are screwed, blued, and tattooed. These things are everywhere and a lot of people are seeing them. I just think it has to be ours.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

even if it was a secret project it would still have to display lights for safety reasons wouldn't it?

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by elevenaugust
Basically, it comes down to perspective.

When it's viewed side on the triangle appears to be obtuse, for it to appear (close to) equilateral like in the picture it would need to be flying on it's side, right?

Or almost directly overhead.

Then, as you say there is the fact that there is no change on colouration between the lights, suggesting there's nothing there.

THEN, with the video showing two lights gone, makes me lean even further towards lanterns...

I understand where you're coming from, thanks for the explanations, and I agree that it's about perspective.

Interestingly, and at the light of what tacjtg said "The rear lights faded before the front one", we know that two lights faded away, but how do we know that there were the rear lights? We have no references points to say so.
It could be that the "solid triangle ship" (in this hypothesis) was either flying its back ahead or that it shut down two of its lights...

Yes, it's pretty rare to have them in an (almost) equilateral triangle but it isn't impossible and more probable than the craft being perpendicular to the observer.

Well, you'd be surprised about the capacities of some "exotic" aircraft. I recently investigated a "triangle" hovering above a major city in France with its back ahead...
But, like I said, unless I (or someone else) will be able to show any solid object between the lights, I tend to agree with you about the thai lanterns to be the more logical explanation.

The question to ask to the OP now could be:
-"Was the triangle stayed in the same exact triangular shape for the whole observation, and if so, for how much time?"
If the answer if more than a handfull of seconds, then I doubt that it was thai lanterns, unless there's something not right in tacjtg's testimony...

edit on 6-6-2011 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It intrigues me that the triagle ufos are some of the most consistent ufos that get photographed and recorded. This shape of ufo would actually be the most plausible form for a human made craft. These triangle ufos definitely strike me to be human in origin. High level government testing maybe? But then again, why would they have lights on the crafts in the first place if they didnt want this technology to be seen or heard of? Is it fun for them to just fly over a town every now and then? Someone explained to me that they saw a trialge ufo one time with their family and it had three lights at the tips and they could see a faint outline of the craft but it was almost transparent. Weird...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join