It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Over Nashville, TN 5June2011 2144CST

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
very interesting, gonna keep posted for future buzz.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Without making a decision either way on what I think about this sighting, I'd like to throw some fuel in the fire.

I used to live in Nashville, and got my PPL ticket training out of John Tune in the western part of town. During my training I had two literal UFO encounters, although neither one included a visual sighting. My instructor was onboard for both.

The first was just east of Tune, in the class C airspace. Nashville approach gave me a call to be on the lookout for an unannounced aircraft directly beneath me, moving east at a speed far too fast for an RC plane. We were fairly low and I remember thinking it was rather pointless to try and scud run under the radar as BNA approach was always friendly and accomodating. Approach was miffed and kept calling me to see if I had a visual ansd a tail number but I never saw anything.

The second encounter was a few miles west of Tune, precipitated by a rather unpleasant alarm screechina from the collision avoidance system. After releasing a hypothetical load into my pants, I held course until the alarm was silent for a while, made a clearing turn, and then a tight orbit to see what was out there.. Again, no joy.

To be fair, it isn't always easy to pick out traffic, especially against the backdrop of the ground, but since we are talking about UFOs in my old neighborhood I figured I might pitch in. Enjoy Nashville, OP....I do miss it.
edit on 15-6-2011 by NightShift because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by NightShift because: pls forgive crummy phone keyboard typos!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NightShift

Thanks for your interesting stories!!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

No, I don't. But some times lately, Threads have been getting derailed a little with discussion that don't pertain to the subject. And really disrespecting the OP. IMHO
I still love this place though.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm not a skeptic, and this is my first post so take it or leave it. If a craft can fly from one solar system to another using who knows what kind of technology, why would they need lights?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I saw something matching this two years ago over Nashville. It was triangular, was obviously not chinese lanterns, and it seemed to float in the air. I was getting ready to post here on ATS about what I saw, but I googled around first. I found a web site of a someone in Lavergne TN, who was working on a remote controlled dirigible project. He mentioned, he loved flying it at night with LEDs on the corners because UFO reports would always occur afterward. I didn't post due to this being the most likely explanation for what I saw. It was after all, floating over the Flaming Lips concert.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I believe the OP saw something,
Not sure if it was a craft,
Was this flying liner? How far did it fly liner? and how fast was it flying liner?
What I gather it wasn't flying fast, nor did it make a sound which really not making a sound is over rated.
I have planes fly over my house that make a sound and some don't make noise.
Next,
when 2 lights fade out then the 3rd It just doesn't seem to be a single triangle air craft.

For the OP, why did you guys jump to the conclusion that this was a huge triangle craft when you really couldn't see any solidness between the lights?
I'm just trying to get what you saw that made you shut down everything and say OMG it's a UFO?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BNAFlyer
All should check expired NOTAMS on FAA website. NOTAMs usually explain alot of these things and predict when they will happen.. Military activity was conducted over the 310 radial of BNA VORTAC last night from 0200Z-0300Z (9pm-10pm). Most likely a flare drop. Looks like a triangle but probably just a heavy flare at lower altitude. Runway 2L,2C,2R were in use to divert traffic to the south for approach even though wind was @ 240 (better to use rwy 20 for less crosswind component) . Depth perception in night sky is very tough with bright objects. Flares slowly burn out and would explain the perception of altitude gain (getting smaller looks like its going higher) and "fade-out"

Good investigation and very relevant as a single photo of flares could look just like this. I like your theory on why it would look like it was flying away. I have to point out though the witness testimony contradicts this theory as flares look very much like what you would expect them to look like, they pulse and they fall in the sky. Also flares don't last that long, not long enough for many cars to notice separately and pull over. While the other witness said she kept watching them at each set of traffic lights that they stopped. Within those times it would become obvious if they were flares. I think it is important for the OP to comment on this theory and state how long the lights were visible.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hi.
I'm new here and that's my first post.

Did someone spot on this video some traces of light at 0:28 right above the lights which disappeared?
I don't have Video edit program to isolate the frames..Can anyone do it?
Peace.
Ea

Originally posted by tacjtg
reply to post by dashdespatch

It took forever to upload from my phone.

By the time I got the video working - the rear lights had dimmed.
edit on 6-6-2011 by tacjtg because: More info

edit on 27-6-2011 by Ea2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Hello again.
I've isolated it (printscreen) and increase the lightness and contrast. Now you can see what I'm talking about..

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I haven't read the 23 pages so I'm not sure if this one in the first post was declared a fake or real or whatever, but if you look hard enough and want to see something in that pic, there are some "straight-ish" lines around the three lights that form an interesting shape if you imagine hard enough...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

I believe these things are not necessarily made of real materials. I believe they are conjured up in the mind of extra-dimensional beings. They appear material in our material world but they are merely shadows of 4th (or higher) dimensional objects. I believe we should fear them as if demons where piloting them. Whatever they are, they are messing around with time/space and I don't believe them to be benevolent.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Great capture OP!!! My sister lives in Nashville I might give her a heads up.
Anyways I've got a question. Did you stick around to observe it when it left? If so how did it leave or disappear? Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join