It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US space program and its secret advancement in our solor system exploration!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Sometimes things smell fishy and for the most part if it looks like a duck and qwacks like a duck then its a....DUCK!

The US space program has been the biggest front to the American public if not the world for decades. The advancement of technology they have achived is far beyond anything we can comprehend, perhaps it may rival if not be the cause of so many UFO sightings we see.

Im not sure where to begin when so much disinformation, lies, and deciet has plagues the nation for so long.

The Space shuttle, in 1981 the space shuttle made its "maiden" flight and still to this day 30 years later that very same shuttle still was still being used. Now to me this seems like the first red flag. Does it not seem strange that NASA would use the same transport for 30 years! Of course it does, the average person would have owned 6- 8 cars by then and all of which would be far better (technology wise) then the last. As fast as technology moves it would make more sence that the shuttle would have been replaced after at the most 10 years.

The space shuttle has been a plague to NASA time and time again , its faulty, has blown up on a few occasions and is built by the lowest bidder. WHy would you want to explore space,in a space "race" nevertheless with a poorly made, not dependable, bus with rockets attached to its back? Well my friends this is only the tip of the iceburg. NASA has been told by the US goverment to propose a false front for years, while the US military along with NASA has developed a fleet of new and imporved space exploration vehicales for the last 30 years.

Now im sure your wondering why would this be kept secret? well i think there are a few reasons for this.

1. The US goverment is a Military govenerment, everything from cell phones to GPS was first designed and used by the military years before it was made into a public economy enhanceing toy. The technology that they use now is so valuable that they dont want anyone else to have it. The knowlege and tech would first be used as a weapon or for war First!
2. Some of this tech and hardware could very well have been attained from a crashed ET's Bentley, how would you explain how this tech was attained if the Goverment themselfs dont have all the answers.

The second red flag that should have made people awaken was the announcement of the end of the shuttle program and the outsourceing of flights to low orbit. Now why would you cancel a program that was supposed to get mankind into outer space so that we could explore our solor system. This is because we have already explored our solor system to great lenghts and there was no reason to pump money into a program that was for a lie, especailly when budget cuts were needed. What better way to save some cash then to cancel a program that is for show. Now its a tourist destination...

Im pretty sure we have been to the moon, mars, and many other destinations in our solor system however i think it will be years before we get the facts about our exact capabilites.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

woof how do i reply?

Well for the very same reasons you outline. The shuttle program is being terminated.
It's 40 year old technology btw.

Why has it been in use for so long? Nothing else has been developed enough to be able to be used. Many replacement programs but none come to fruition. It's like they've just been using NASA as an excuse to keep many people employed so they don't go elsewhere.

Though I have my suspicions also that we aren't being told everything. We never really are. I'm almost certain that once the shuttle is officially retired. Something will replace the shuttle that's been in the works for some time. I'm pretty convinced that most of this countries money is being funneled into some ultra secret space program. But there's no way that will ever be known by the public until it's absolutely necessary.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Wouldnt it be great if they unveiled an anti gravity propulsion system! that would be something.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Even though I whole heartedly agree with you...your stating what everyone already knows...we are aware that the governments tech is far more advanced than our own

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Before I comment, do you have any sources for this ? and if not where did you learn all of this ?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by TheMur

woof how do i reply?

Well for the very same reasons you outline. The shuttle program is being terminated.
It's 40 year old technology btw.

Why has it been in use for so long? Nothing else has been developed enough to be able to be used. Many replacement programs but none come to fruition. It's like they've just been using NASA as an excuse to keep many people employed so they don't go elsewhere.

Though I have my suspicions also that we aren't being told everything. We never really are. I'm almost certain that once the shuttle is officially retired. Something will replace the shuttle that's been in the works for some time. I'm pretty convinced that most of this countries money is being funneled into some ultra secret space program. But there's no way that will ever be known by the public until it's absolutely necessary.

Yes, I agree, our technology has zoomed over the past 20 years, however the shuttle uses rocket propulsion that is ancient.

So whats going to replace the shuttle, I dunno, but there's one thing I think a lot of people have forgotten about,
MONEY.

If there is a replacment for the shuttle, it's going to cost, RIGHT, so who's cheque book do you use, dont forget the US is broke.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
The U.S. often keeps things in service way past when they should be replaced. They do it with military aircraft and ships sometimes longer than 30 years. B-52 still fly today when they were made for Korea.

As to taking the shuttles out of service there is a very good reason. There's not much need for the shuttle since we can accomplish most of the tasks either with the space station or or specific missions like the mars lander project.

The benefits of keeping the shuttle program compared to the cost doesn't justify keeping it around anymore. I don't see any conspiracy here.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I agree that we all assume this however there has never been a clear direction to look for factual annomolies, NASA has granted us that. I honestly think NASA would love to tell all and we can see alittle of that from past astronauts trying to tell the truth. Unfortunately for them the Govenerment controls there pensions and there budget so they keep there mouths shut for the most part.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

I agree thought the same myself,the shuttles haven't really explored space at all they have only made trips to the space station am I correct in that?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I agree that the govt does keep older models around, however there is always something in the works that could be better. And as far as the shuttle goes it is(excuse my use of words) a piece of junk. It has more issues than a ford taurus.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TWILITE22

From my knowlege the shuttles never even went to the moon, that was all rockets with pods. Maybe someone else can clearify this?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I don't know why we aren't working 100X harder on space exploration. In my perfect country, we wouldn't be wasting taxpayer money on pointless wars that don't affect any American citizens (except the ones killed in combat), the War on Drugs, or whatever unconstitutional bills are passed under our noses while we are distracted by a wedding or some other meaningless event. Instead that money would be spent on designing a more efficient spaceship that can travel WAY faster than our current technology, better telescopes, space stations on planets so we could travel farther and potentially colonize other planets. But of course that wil never happen, we're too busy wasting money here on this planet. SETI, the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, has shut down because they had a lack of funding. That really hit me hard, I mean sure they haven't exactly had any conversations with aliens, but that sucks that people don't want to fund that stuff anymore. It seems most people don't even care or even think about what goes on outside of our planet, their priorities are all mixed up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

Could have been a joint venture with russia...or it could be a huge chunk of the black budget.The cost of endevour was 1.7 billion, we could have built a few thousand shuttles over the past 30-40 years.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
The R&D to replace the shuttle was attempted thru the program called National Aerospace Plane.
Remember Reagan's speech "orient express"?
The results were a not successful because the physics of low, mid, and high speed tranition are too tough.
Is there a link?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Yes i do rememebr this speech, but think about this. Almost every president gets up to the podium and tells the american people we are going to explore outer space, make a new shuttle and go to mars. Time and time again they tell us this and all we get out of it is a space station and a new....oh wait, no, just the same old shuttle.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMur

As far as the usage and longevity of the shuttle, here is my opinion. First, you must consider the technological feat of building the shuttle, it is a marvel in itself. The next thing you need to consider is the complexity of these vehicles, so many things have to go just right in order to make it work. As with anything complicated, the more complicated it is, the easier it is to mess up. Think back to the 50's and 60's, how easy were cars to work on back then versus today. Keeping and reusing equipment was the whole idea behind the shuttle project to begin with, to have a reusable vehicle that could reach space, return to Earth and then back to space again.

Look at the military, there is some equipment that is used many many years, for various reasons. Equipment is designed and built to serve a purpose and as long as the requirements do not change and the upkeep of the equipment does not get out of hand, then they will continue to use them. Just because something is 20+ years old does not always justify recreating the wheel as long as the equipment still serves the purpose and is still capable of performing the intended task. After all, people endlessly complain about the defense budget. Aircraft carriers, for instance, they use them for 30+ years and stuff is constantly being worked on due to breakage and wear. It is not an easy task of keeping complicated equipment running, ask any one that served in the military about PMS(Periodic Maintenance Schedule).

The shuttle was also a stepping stone. Hopefully, one would not expect to start taking off around the solar system without first learning as much as we could while staying close to home.

edit on 2-6-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur
reply to post by TWILITE22

From my knowlege the shuttles never even went to the moon, that was all rockets with pods. Maybe someone else can clearify this?

The shuttle's "range" seems to be within 200 km of the Earth (based on its published mission objectives). Pretty shabby really.

I think it may be that we are really not a space adapted species. Many of the astronauts & cosmonauts who went further or longer out there have developed cancers and other physical illnesses directly attributable to their time in space.

Some years ago I spoke with Andy Thomas (an Australian born Astronaut) and he said that many astronauts are having health issues due to the exposure to radiation and bone density loss and that NASA is investigating particular astronauts (like Glenn) that seem to be genetically "radiation hardened".

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Plain and simple, theres no oil on mars or the moon or we'd already be fighting wars on them too, so no need to develop until we have bled this place dry.......

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

very interesting!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMur

The Space shuttle, in 1981 the space shuttle made its "maiden" flight and still to this day 30 years later that very same shuttle still was still being used.

Soyuz (Russian: Сою́з, IPA: [sɐˈjus]), Union) is a series of spacecraft designed for the Soviet space program by the Korolyov Design Bureau in the 1960s, and still in service today. This image is to scale.

The space shuttle has been a plague to NASA time and time again , its faulty, has blown up on a few occasions and is built by the lowest bidder.

You can provide documentation components used in the Space Shuttle system are built by the lowest bidder correct? No you can't and you won't and you know why? Its simply not true.

WHy would you want to explore space,in a space "race" nevertheless with a poorly made, not dependable, bus with rockets attached to its back?

It was designed to only go to LEO, repeatably, the only craft in the world that does that. It never was intended to escape earth orbital velocity.

The US goverment is a Military govenerment, everything from cell phones to GPS was first designed and used by the military years before it was made into a public economy enhanceing toy

Not true, portable telephones were available to the public in the 60's but few people had them because they were big, bulky, and cost about $5,000.00 and required a huge battery pack at first. You could even buy military models at military reserve depos.

Some of this tech and hardware could very well have been attained from a crashed ET's Bentley, how would you explain how this tech was attained if the Goverment themselfs dont have all the answers.

This is a pure bating statement with no base in reality, unless you care to provide one.

Now why would you cancel a program that was supposed to get mankind into outer space so that we could explore our solor system

Again you are adding to an already false assumption.

This is because we have already explored our solor system to great lenghts and there was no reason to pump money into a program that was for a lie, especailly when budget cuts were needed.

Now you are really going out there into the depths of speculation and fantasy. I'm sure you can provide evidence?

Im pretty sure we have been to the moon, mars, and many other destinations in our solor system however i think it will be years before we get the facts about our exact capabilites.

Correct, men have walked on the moon, rovers have operated on the surface and in the orbit of Mars, NASA has collected samples from comet WILD 2, and sent deep space probes to planets, in fact a couple are in orbit around two different planets or very soon. The capabilities that the general public are not aware of largely reside in specifications mostly in the military hardware development, which for obvious reasons is closely guarded.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join