It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 5 killed in Yuma, AZ shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is still developing as I type. I haven't heard very many details. I'll add info when I can, or please add your findings to the mix!

Schools and the courthouse have been locked down, and one victim is a lawyer. That's all we know so far...

Link

edit on 2-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add comment

ETA: Link to Yuma Sun. They have a little bit more info, but not much.
Yuma Sun
edit on 2-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
CBS News reports that the shooter has taken his own life, and released a name of one victim.

CBS News

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Another shooting, I wonder if they will try to tie this one to ATS as well.
I also wonder if the one that is confirmed dead was a Lawyer or an Attorney? there is a difference.
I wonder what anti gun bill will be drawn up for this one?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I wonder if this is more spill over from the drug cartel?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

"There have been some shootings in the City and County. It looks like the person has targeted certain people but please use extra caution."

Source

This is a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to the victims' families

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

The one confirmed death was of Jerrold F. Shelley, a lawyer in Yuma.

I am looking to see if he had any connections, but so far nothing has come up. He may have been killed by a disgruntled client, who knows.....but still looking into it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
most violent acts against lawyers that you see in the news are usually against divorce attorneys

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

The first victim was a woman, then the lawyer and so on...

Could be something as simple as you suggested. A ticked-off divorcee!

ETA: He was a divorce, and after-divorce modification lawyer.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Looks like a divorce killing

news.yahoo.com...

PHOENIX (Reuters) – A man apparently angry over a divorce case went on a shooting spree in Yuma, Arizona, on Thursday, killing five people and wounding another before taking his own life, the mayor said.

One of the dead was identified as an attorney who was shot at his Yuma law office, and some of the other victims were friends and relatives of the gunman, Mayor Alan Krieger told Reuters by telephone.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Good find!

It's sad that it had to come down to this. It's also tragic that he had to take the lives of the other people (friends and family) who were not directly involved.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

It's the number one catalyst behind simply being bat # crazy.

Relationships need to be banned. People are just too irresponsible to handle them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
What's even more disturbing is that Wikipedia already has a page made for the "2011 Yuma Shootings"!

Kinda sad if you ask me!

Wikipedia

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Yeah, Jerrold F. Shelley pc, or would that be all in capitals? anyway a corporate attorney type.
I looked into him, he is a city attorney that does biz, criminal and divorce law.
All have possible bad clients.
Also said he lived in L.A.???long commute I guess. all desert...

Originally posted by Bearack
reply to post by g146541

"I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands!"

Lemme fix that for ya.
You can have my EMPTY gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers!

Do not waste ammo!!

One unspent bullet is one roaming zombie, be considerate of the living please.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
most violent acts against lawyers that you see in the news are usually against divorce attorneys
They are generally well deserved in my opinion. While I would never shoot my ex-wife's lawyer, I would cry not a single tear if someone else did.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

So it looks as though this is just what the MSM is saying.

A pissed-off man shot his ex-wife, her lawyer and some friends and family that possibly sympathized with her?

That's what I am thinking here!

ETA: Now we have a name of the shooter.

Carey Hal Dyess, 73, of Yuma, apparently shot and killed one person in Yuma and three people in Yuma County before shooting himself, according to a press release from the Yuma Police Department.

Yuma Sun

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by TXRabbit
They are generally well deserved in my opinion. While I would never shoot my ex-wife's lawyer, I would cry not a single tear if someone else did.

This surprises me not a bit. I fantasize doing it myself and hope another of his clients take him out. My ex's lawyer (and she is accountable for his actions) has numerous times brazenly lied to the Court. He, complicit with her, has driven our net worth to below zero (from over $500k three years ago), with him getting most of the money and she and I now in chapter 7. She is too dumb and too spiteful to care; had she accepted my settlement offer when I filed for divorce she'd have over $100k and alimony for a few years, plus child support. In the end, she got nothing but child support as her lawyer pushed her to go to court (his specialty is litigating in court), I suspect to drain the money his way.

I've been a soldier, a bouncer but I have never been in a real fight, however, he and I almost came to blows outside the courtroom. He tried hard to provoke me and would have used it; it was part of his plan.
And the vermin has a fish emblem on the back off his SUV. Just another good reason to hate Evangelical hypocrits.

new topics

top topics

join