It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
If you are born gay, then is it equally logical (or illogical) to believe that people are born with sexual preferences for skin color, hair color, eye color, and certain facial features. However, if you have an ounce of common sense, you would see the stupidity in that type of illogical thinking.

Excellent post, very true

Why do you keep banging on about this? You've been told straight from the horse's mouth that homosexuality is not a choice and you don't have the first-hand experience to refute that so what exactly is your point? If you'd never been hit by a car, would you be so arrogant as to tell someone who has what they felt when the car hit them?

The fact is, YOU don't know what you're talking about and those of us who are gay DO know what we're talking about. Why don't you close your mouth and give your arse a chance to leak some crap for a change?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

If you are born gay, then is it equally logical (or illogical) to believe that people are born with sexual preferences for skin color, hair color, eye color, and certain facial features. However, if you have an ounce of common sense, you would see the stupidity in that type of illogical thinking.

Can you please re-state this in a different way? There is a certain type of woman that attracts me... white, brunette, blue eyes, little turned up nose. Knocks me over.
But it sounds like you are saying that this attraction is stupid?? What exactly are you saying?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

My dog had sex for the first time a few weeks ago, was his sexual choice a learned behaviour?
I didn't teach him, and he has never seen two dogs have sex.

I know he's a dog, but humans are members of the animal kingdom too.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

You would fit in well here. Aside from San Fran-Sicko (kudos Savage), Seattle is the gay capital of the West Coast. I don't advocate violence against gays, if you want to be gay be gay. Push it on me and that's a whole different story. Also, it may not be "choice" but it's choice. Society is pumping out more gay babies than ever before... Hmm..

Why could that be?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

You would fit in well here. Aside from San Fran-Sicko (kudos Savage), Seattle is the gay capital of the West Coast. I don't advocate violence against gays, if you want to be gay be gay. Push it on me and that's a whole different story. Also, it may not be "choice" but it's choice. Society is pumping out more gay babies than ever before... Hmm..

Why could that be?

Care to cite your sources? More people on the planet = a higher likelihood of gay people in general. It's pretty easy to work out.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
i wrestle with this subject daily. no religion in my veins veins but heres what i think. the original beings on earth were androgenous. both male and female in one body for those who dont know. the beauty of us is that we can seperate into male and female. the reptilians cant seperate thats why you see the vatican, senators and actors coming out of the closet. i truly believe this is happening due to something in vaccinations. how do you kill off the human race. make them gay they cant reproduce. theres an attack on testosterone we just dont know exactly how its being done.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
All sexuality is choice. It is a learned behavior.

Babies aren't born with sexual feelings because sexual desire and lust is a state of mind. All human children imitate and adapt to what they are exposed to and their surrounding environment. Typically, girls like boys and boys like girls because it is what almost every culture in the world has promoted and embraced from the beginning of time.

edit on 2-6-2011 by MaryStillToe because: (no reason given)

Condense that down into the subliminal sexuality messages our children see at an early age. Should Family Guy really be on at 10pm? Hell no! Has anyone taken notes on how many gay references are in TV shows today? Spongebob, Ren & Stimpy (back in the day), Rocko's Modern Life... Just a few from when I was a tween.

If being gay isn't a form of population control, what the hell is?

I believe it is a form of programming.... Call me two nuts short of a nut bar, but I believe it's real..

A few nights ago I saw Hangover II in theaters (sorry, had to) and you know what happened? Stu got screwed in the ass by a transvestite.. I won't go into details, but they elaborate to great detail... Eventually they agree that "sh*t happens" and eventually you it all goes away and it's ok.

Yes, that's OK.

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL IS WRONG WITH SOCIETY!?!?!?!??
edit on 2-6-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldDisorder

There aren't more gay babies as you put it, but people are feelng more willing to come ut of the closet these days.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Call me two nuts short of a nut bar

SPOT ON

FYI young kids should be in bed by 10pm and shouldn't really be watching shows like Family Guy anyway. Any parent who has a problem with that might want to take a look at their own skills or lack thereof.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeo

Why could that be?

Care to cite your sources? More people on the planet = a higher likelihood of gay people in general. It's pretty easy to work out.

My source is common sense. Gays = Zero reproduction. Gays males = Higher chance of AIDS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I ran the government and wanted to cut down on population while producing a breed of femmie men who wouldn't fight back, would I do it? Hell yes I would!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

SPOT ON

FYI young kids should be in bed by 10pm and shouldn't really be watching shows like Family Guy anyway. Any parent who has a problem with that might want to take a look at their own skills or lack thereof.

Good to hear you were never a child who cried, or woke up wondering what mommy & daddy were doing, or snuck out to the kitchen for a glass of water. Parents watch this crap and their children see it, it happens. It's not going away anytime soon.

Also, be realistic, how many parents have cable televisions in the kids bedrooms to give them something to watch while the parents finally get to relax and have free time? You would be shocked with the results.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood..sorry. Just saying.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Being gay is a choice.

I recall when I was fourteen and made THAT choice. There was a girl
in my class who was very cute, and also a boy who was quite handsome.

I went home and asked my mother because I couldn't decide which one
I wanted to ask on a date.

She told me that if I chose the boy I would face a life of seclusion and
ridicule, with people talking behind my back and men often acting
aggressively towards me. She said I would be persecuted openly
by people who saw my preference as a sin, and that the GOD of many
major religions would banish me to hell for my behavior. And then
she added that if the boy I was asking about wasn't gay that he
might beat me up for even asking.

Then she said that if I chose the girl that I would fit into society in a
normal way, that people would treat me with respect and appreciation.
That I would not be discriminated against or harassed or beaten,
and that ALL GODS would accept me and love me.

And then she said that if I was having a hard time deciding it was
because the devil was working in me to make me WANT to be gay.
So I asked her why the devil chose me. She said it was because
I was especially bad and was being punished. So I asked her what I
had done. She didn't know, but she was sure it was my fault. So I asked
her if maybe it was a fault of nature. Nope she said, nature is GOD and he
doesn't make mistake. So I said if GOD doesn't make mistakes and he
made me then how can I be at fault...

This made her brain start to hurt and she took a Midol and called my dad
at work.

When he came home he beat me until I made the CORRECT decision.

Oh thank GOD for that...I was ALMOST a HOMO.

**the above was an entirely fictional account for the entertainment and
enlightenment of anyone and everyone.**

Now for all the hateful, pompous, self-important, theists who
stand your empty, hollow soap-boxes and proselytize intolerance
and bigotry...

Ye among you without sin can cast the first stone, but remember...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

Bleh....the human race can be so very dissapointing at times,
and if there is a God I'm going to have a LONG discussion with him
about that when the time comes!

Love thy neighbor as thyself

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Why could that be?

My source is common sense. Gays = Zero reproduction. Gays males = Higher chance of AIDS.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I ran the government and wanted to cut down on population while producing a breed of femmie men who wouldn't fight back, would I do it? Hell yes I would!

So, your common sense = 'ummm I just made it up'

RIGHTO

Do you seriously think we're all a bunch of nancies who won't fight back? Tell you what, go to a drag bar and put your views across to a few queens and see how long you remain on your feet.

One of the biggest misconceptions about gay people (gay men specifically) is that we're a bunch of limp-wristed fairies who spend our time thipping cocktailth in nightclubs while dancing around with our tops off and that we'd run a mile from any sort of confrontation. Sorry to burst your bubble big boy, but it takes GUTS to come out, even in this day and age. Could YOU do it? Seriously, could you? Somehow I doubt it. In your posts you come across as someone who is terrified of gays even though we've done nothing to you (in my very limited knowledge, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong about that). Any gay man or woman who is out, has family and friends who know, and isn't ashamed for them to know, has balls the size of watermelons and deserves some respect for that alone.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by smartbuddy

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So are you suggesting that being gay or straight is a choice?

Well, to anyone who is. Answer me this. Please go into detail of the time in your life where you sat yourself down and realized that you were ready to become a sexual being... Please explain the decision process you went through in order to decide whether you would be gay or straight.

What? You never did that? It just kind of happened? Hmm, same here... My sexual orientation ( Straight) wasn't a choice either...

Well, so much for the idea of it being a choice...

And for the record, that article does not rule out the possibility of it being a gene... I hold fast that your sexual orientation is something you are born with... Something only to be fully realized after you have reached puberty.

Either way, gay or straight. I love you all.

This quote was from another thread but I wanted to share it here because I couldn't have put it in my own words any better.
edit on 2-6-2011 by balon0 because: (no reason given)

Source

The quote is correct, being straight isn't a choice we're all born straight... being gay IS a choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

SPOT ON

Good to hear you were never a child who cried, or woke up wondering what mommy & daddy were doing, or snuck out to the kitchen for a glass of water. Parents watch this crap and their children see it, it happens. It's not going away anytime soon.

Also, be realistic, how many parents have cable televisions in the kids bedrooms to give them something to watch while the parents finally get to relax and have free time? You would be shocked with the results.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood..sorry. Just saying.

It doesn't matter whether the kids have a TV in their bedroom or not! It's still the parents' responsibility to ensure theyre watching suitable shows. Kids the age you're talking about should be in bed asleep by that time and if they get up then their parents have ample opportunity to change the channel. If the TV is in the kids' bedroom then it's the responsibility of the parents to have parental locks in place and if they can't have that then they remove the remote control. Stop blaming TV, you're making no sense.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by balon0
reply to post by smartbuddy

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So are you suggesting that being gay or straight is a choice?

Well, to anyone who is. Answer me this. Please go into detail of the time in your life where you sat yourself down and realized that you were ready to become a sexual being... Please explain the decision process you went through in order to decide whether you would be gay or straight.

What? You never did that? It just kind of happened? Hmm, same here... My sexual orientation ( Straight) wasn't a choice either...

Well, so much for the idea of it being a choice...

And for the record, that article does not rule out the possibility of it being a gene... I hold fast that your sexual orientation is something you are born with... Something only to be fully realized after you have reached puberty.

Either way, gay or straight. I love you all.

This quote was from another thread but I wanted to share it here because I couldn't have put it in my own words any better.

Source

The quote is correct, being straight isn't a choice we're all born straight... being gay IS a choice.

And you know this HOW? What experience do you have of being gay that gives you the right to say that? I've been as straight as a roundabout my whole life, it's never changed. Who are you to tell me what MY experience is?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I wonder where I should start ? I am gay. I am masculine. I have always been this way. I was gay before puberty. I have never had a woman give me an erection. I have been in bed with some very pretty women. Please ask yourselves this; if you were in bed with an man and did not get an erection I guess you are straight. So what I am saying is : that attraction is wired in your brain. There are studies that link the hormone levels of the womb that set sexual preference. Your preference is sliding scale. What that means is there is a segment that does or can choose. For most of us it is not a choice. It is not an easy life. I do not live the "lifestyle"; etc. I have not been active in many years. I would love to have been hetero, with 2.3 children. It is not a choice....who would not want to feel normal and fit in? Peace and Light..................

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Amadeo

No one. Why get upset?

I wrote a pretty good and rational post on page 18 about this but no one say it because when I posted it, two second later we were n page 19 : (

edit on 2-6-2011 by Spencer1989 because: (no reason given)

link   
How come heteros can't say that being gay is a choice but others can say being hetero isn't a choice?
edit on 2-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Amadeo

I'm telling you what I believe... isn't that what you and every other freaking person on this thread is doing????
What's your point?

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join