It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Paul to Fed: Tell Us Everything, or Else

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
Can't remember when congressional-committee hearings ever brought down any crooks or criminals--nor even caused them to do much more than break a sweat on national TV. History is full of congressional-committee hearings, and as instructive as they are to us CTs, they never really seem to accomplish much....

This reminds me of a line from Get Smart, where the evil genius wants to force everyone to read classical literature, while Maxwell Smart says a more rational approach would be better, to appeal to the conscience of the congress, to spend less money on war and more on education, to which the mad scientist replies -- and you think I'm crazy?

Maybe even the globalists got it wrong. Maybe they figured America would rebel about this time like Egypt, or at least Europe, but instead people are so glued to the television set they either don't know about it or, they do know about it and spend all their time online following the "revolution" while not doing anything about it. Interesting...stale mate? If the globalists want us to revolt, they must be angry that we are not.
edit on 1-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

I haven't seen that particular Get Smart episode, but I like that.

But you bring up an interesting point about the globalists misjudging how fed up people are. For months I've been seeing things that make me think they're trying to goad us into something. They've just been so obvious that I'm not even going to pull in examples.

The point is: I think they've been off-balance lately--like a tug-of-war where one side lets go the rope and sends the other side sprawling. In one way it's pretty hilarious. They were expecting THIS bunch of fat-a$$ butt-sitters to get up and do something? It's not like the Constitution and Bill of Rights mean THAT much to them....

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by gorgi

btw Ron Paul has been saying since the bailouts and stimulus(overspending) packages that these will hurt the middle class and only promote short-term benefits

Article from Today, MSNBC
Recovery at risk as jobs and housing stumble

Following a report Tuesday that home prices have now tumbled further from their peak than during the Great Depression, there was evidence Wednesday that the economic rebound from the worst recession since World War II may be sputtering.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

So I don't know what you are talking about when you mention benefits

Btw Ron Paul was wrong. They both worked.

You find that housing prices declining surprising ? After the prices were jacked up so high before its natural for it to fall. Look at oil in '08. It has really high hen fell. Gold and silver are next.

We are no where even close to being at a great depression. Just a way to make the headlines and for hedge fund managers to short their stocks.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Did you specifically come to ATS for the sole purpose of denying ignorance, or spreading it?

Really...

Your apparent concerns and points have already been adressed multiple times.

edit on 1-6-2011 by Jugtalicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugtalicus
reply to post by gorgi

Did you specifically come to ATS for the sole purpose of denying ignorance, or spreading it?

Really...

Because I disagree with you I must be spreading ignorance. Wow. Isnt there an age limit for this site?
Just stating my opinion on topics posted.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jugtalicus
reply to post by gorgi

Really...

You act as if something was ever actually sorted out and solved here on ATS

What has been addressed here in the past has only resulted in a localized ATS concensus with a heavy dose of sheeple group hugging.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I like Ron Paul and hope he gets elected some how and continues his policies toward the Fed Reserve disclosures.
Though I'm confused about how the dollar can be backed by gold or silver. ? They were saying something about selling all the gold in Ft Knox on the news a week or so ago to pay down the debt. The figure was in the billions. How could billions back up trillions of dollars out there in the market? Seems we don't have enough mineral reserves in gold or silver to back up the dollar... That's to say that there really is gold stashed in Ft Knox. Anyone checked inside the vault lately?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Econ 101

"There is no free lunch."

Meets the Fed, where a very small group of people have the power to CREATE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR...

As Congressman Paul explains, not even Congress has the right to even know what is going on, or what is being planned. And yet, this awesome power that has been granted to the Fed, impacts our very "sovereignty"?

Danger Will Robinson!

Something has gone seriously wrong here.

JR

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Here's Ron Paul explaining the situation in 2008..

Sorry I don't know how to embed this video

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by gorgi

Paper money does not end well. the Dollar is backed by the US government. We are the reserve currency of the world and the largest economy and the only super power. Even less powerful countries currencies are doing fine ie GBP.

Yeah... we are the reserve currency of the world... for now.....................

Thats the only reason the dollar is even worth something... Once the Yuan comes in play as the world reserve currency... we are gonna be needing some KY... Paper money is only worth the heat you can get out of burning it...

Remember, All empires fall eventually... history repeats itself. And I think we are rapidly approaching that point in history

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
if Mr. Paul stays at any hotels, he needs to keep a police officer with him to act as a witness lest he fall into the maid trap !

I'm very curious to see what develops from this, thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Let us not give any further attention to trolls and disinfo members. Don't fall for the trap guys, gorgi is only here to distract Ron Paul supporters and frustrate the very fabric of what ATS stands for.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
Let us not give any further attention to trolls and disinfo members. Don't fall for the trap guys, gorgi is only here to distract Ron Paul supporters and frustrate the very fabric of what ATS stands for.

Please explain how Ron Paul supporters have anything to do with the "fabric of what ATS stands for" ?
Is this his official online rally support center?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Haven't seen it yet but word is that the powers that be did something to his microphone

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
Please explain how Ron Paul supporters have anything to do with the "fabric of what ATS stands for" ?

It's not a War Dicussion either but there are detractors on that topic too

Fabric of what ATS stands for is sticking to the issues and no demoguery
No ad hominems, just sticking to the issues

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

As congressman and chairman of the House subcommittee I'm not sure how much powers Ron holds but I do understand he is able to subpoena.

With the amount of things Ron Paul is doing like wanting to Audit Fort Knox, Auditing the Fed, and promoting the end of militarism I really hope that no "accident" will be occuring sometime in the near future.

But this is definately a fairly big step and the Fed not cooperating will only raise more eyebrows which they will not like.

Good Luck Ron & more importantly Good Luck America!

www.foxbusiness.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

"Rep. Paul to Fed: Tell Us Everything, or Else."
"Or else what?"
"Exactly"

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by morder1
reply to post by gorgi

Paper money does not end well. the Dollar is backed by the US government. We are the reserve currency of the world and the largest economy and the only super power. Even less powerful countries currencies are doing fine ie GBP.

Yeah... we are the reserve currency of the world... for now.....................

Thats the only reason the dollar is even worth something... Once the Yuan comes in play as the world reserve currency... we are gonna be needing some KY... Paper money is only worth the heat you can get out of burning it...

Remember, All empires fall eventually... history repeats itself. And I think we are rapidly approaching that point in history

We are not really an empire, but evenually we wont be number one. I dont see us falling in the foreseeable future though.

We can do a lot since we are the reserve currency, but I disagree with the Yuan becoming the new one. A tightly controlled, not easily traded currency from a "communist" country most likely wont be reserve currency.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Your need to create conflict has blinded you and taken what I said to mean something it was not.

'Ron Paul supporters' and the 'fabric of what ATS stands for' is not exactly one in the same but it is not entirely different at the same time.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by xyankee
I am starting to think that it makes not one bit of difference what kind of ## we get on any of them, they will just ignore it and give us the finger! "yea so what are you going to do about it" is about all your going to get!

It is a shame but that is how I am feeling now. They are untouchable.

There's the thing... the American people think the Fed is the guilty party here,
and don't even to a large majority know who the Fed's owned by, and work for.
The real players in this game have remained invisble to them for hundreds of
years, and Mr. Z.B. said that's changing for the first time in history. I agree
with him and Bob Chapman, there's soon nowhere THEY'll be able to hide.
The global awakening will lead naturally to a global exposure, I hope SOON.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by morder1

Thats the good thing about getting older. You either become more of a coward, or become fearless. At that age you start to feel you have nothing to lose. We are the 60's generation. We fought the esablishment then and everything thing they stood for. We have the knowledge the experience. Now we need to get back the fight. Everyone went to sleep for a little while. Then we woke to this mess. I still listen to rock and roll. I love Pretnders by the FOO Fighters. Its time to show that we are not over the hill yet. Its time to get the grit back in our guts. The old rusty armor shined up. ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE WOODSTOCK!!

You go get em woody Guthrie

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123
reply to post by morder1

Thats the good thing about getting older. You either become more of a coward, or become fearless. At that age you start to feel you have nothing to lose. We are the 60's generation. We fought the esablishment then and everything thing they stood for. We have the knowledge the experience. Now we need to get back the fight. Everyone went to sleep for a little while. Then we woke to this mess. I still listen to rock and roll. I love Pretnders by the FOO Fighters. Its time to show that we are not over the hill yet. Its time to get the grit back in our guts. The old rusty armor shined up. ITS OUR TIME TO SHINE WOODSTOCK!!

if you where old enough to attend woodstock you aren't a baby of the 60's your a boomer

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join