It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim girl, 19, 'stoned to death after taking part in beauty contest'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

A teenage Muslim girl was stoned to death under 'Sharia law' after taking part in a beauty contest in Ukraine.
Katya Koren, 19, was found dead in a village in the Crimea region near her home. Friends said she liked wearing fashionable clothes and had come seventh in a beauty contest. Her battered body was buried in a forest and was found a week after she disappeared.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

How can they use their "laws" as an excuse for murder, and they knew they had done wrong by concealing the poor girls body.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Ah, the wonders of religion... One thing that makes it really hard sometimes to be a Constitutionalist Libertarian is the ideology that people should be free to practice their religion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
You mean murder based on control/slavery that's guised under the umbrella known as "religion" ?

Dunno, maybe some day the world will wake up to the hypocrisies... but I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Ah yes...
and in the U.S. we just pump 50 rounds into somebody because someone suspects that the "house" is a drug house.
Innocent father dead, leaves behind a six year old son and a pregnant wife.
Repeat that scenario a few hundred times for the cases that don't get reported because the victim is a nobody.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Killing a woman because she participated in a beauty contest isn't legitimate in Islam...Sharia doesn't legitimize it.

+5 more 
posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
This makes me absolutely sick. Islam is a despicable religion and although people say it's "only the extremist, and every religion has them", then why do I see every one of these stories involve sharia law and/or Muslim extremist committing atrocious acts? Yes we all know the catholic church is known for pedophilia; and so is Islam. After all they base their faith around the words of a false prophet who used trickery to sanction pedophilia and other laws that benefit the men. Don't you realize, your religion was started by an insane child molester; and you use it as an excuse to degrade women, and marry children. Modern day Christians? Yes so they tell other people they're going to hell, so what. Nothing can compare to the sheer amount of brutality I've been seeing lately that's come out of the Islam faith. The people who murdered this young woman need to be rounded up, stoned to the brink of death, and then forced to live in cages for the rest of their miserable lives. Pitiful, utterly disgusting excuses for human beings they are.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I dont think Sharia Law would condone this type of foul act...

#ing disgusting, we should all pray for this young girl who was robbed of her future.
edit on 30-5-2011 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

According the the Sharia, women are not considered equal to the men. In fact, they are considered only "half" as equal. Because of this, it is left up to the man to decide if the woman is properly following the Sharia. Therefore, the decision as to whether a woman is "dressing like a whore" is utterly arbitrary, and open to the whims of the male. It all boils down to whether (in the male's opinion) his "Ird" (simply put, 'honor') has been violated. If he believes a woman is dressing like a whore, then guess what? She's dressing like a whore.

The punishments can range from social ostracizing, familial dishonor, financial sanctions, even "honor-killing", where the female is murdered to restore honor to the family. The punishments are typically assessed by the community religious leader(s).

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Ah yes...
and in the U.S. we just pump 50 rounds into somebody because someone suspects that the "house" is a drug house.
Innocent father dead, leaves behind a six year old son and a pregnant wife.
Repeat that scenario a few hundred times for the cases that don't get reported because the victim is a nobody.

What is your point?

That was off-topic and has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

I think this is awful and is simply another shining example on why Sharia law should be stopped by any means possible from spreading its diseased tentacles into the West.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I think it is a sad reality when a innocent human life is taken. Especially when it is done in such a barbaric way in the name of a religion.

If it was a civilized religion I could see excommunicating her from their society. Ostracize her so she would have to go else where. That would be harsh enough. They would save face by getting rid of such a vile person (though I think you can do what you want as long as you do not hurt others), and she could continue to live, to either try to amend her actions, or move on in a society that allows freedoms.

I can not imagine dealing with such a narrow minded society. I can bet good money that those that cast the stones were not free of violations of their religion, they just had not been exposed.

I cast a sad flag on this post, because a beautiful life was taken by scum of the earth Muslim sinners.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

By, comparison, the Muslim people are civilized compared to Americans...and I am American.
Look closer to home before you demonize an entire culture.
That is my point.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I can't imagine stoning anyone for any reason!!!

Have any of you seen the movie The Stoning of Soraya M. ? I rented this movie because to be honest I didn't know how stoning was done. I had no concept. This is based on a true story... This movie hurt my soul. I didn't cry, I sobbed and for days. I can't think about it even now without getting torn up. That has to be the most horrific way to die! Brutal!

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

By, comparison, the Muslim people are civilized compared to Americans...and I am American.
That is my point.

While I agree that we have our own atrocities here, and I will be the first one to shout my defiance at the bastards that spit on our rights every day, I have to take a leaf from the old redneck book and say, "if you don't like America, you can geet owwt!" Seriously dude, you think that the Arab nations are more civilized than us? Take a !@#$ing vacation there some time then, and you just might appreciate what little freedoms we still have in this country. You will certainly have a bit more respect for our culture when you see the pathetic lives those people have brought upon themselves based on a ridiculous religion.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

You said: "According the the Sharia, women are not considered equal to the men. In fact, they are considered only "half" as equal. Because of this, it is left up to the man to decide if the woman is properly following the Sharia. Therefore, the decision as to whether a woman is "dressing like a whore" is utterly arbitrary, and open to the whims of the male. It all boils down to whether (in the male's opinion) his "Ird" (simply put, 'honor') has been violated. If he believes a woman is dressing like a whore, then guess what? She's dressing like a whore.

The punishments can range from social ostracizing, familial dishonor, financial sanctions, even "honor-killing", where the female is murdered to restore honor to the family. The punishments are typically assessed by the community religious leader(s)."

It's not like a women is considered a man's equal in America (ex. job position statistics or that a man can walk half naked through the street, but a woman would be arrested and chastised for such an act, et al.). Men and women aren't the same, physically and psychologically; thus the different titles - 'man' and 'woman'. There are some things women can do that men can't and vice versa; men can't wear silk, jewelry, and are obligated to give a monetary present/gift to the wife, are obligated to support the family, and others. Women aren't obligated to wash the clothes...and are obligated to modestly cover there body parts, save hands and face, among others.

It's not open to the whims of the male; the accusation of her "dressing like a whore" is based on whether she isn't properly covering herself or not. The husband wouldn't want his wife being looked at as a piece of meat, thus suggests (if she isn't already properly covering herself) she properly cover herself. If she is properly covering herself, then the claim "dressing like a whore" and that she is "hurting the family's honour" is unwarranted and against Islam.

Honour killing is referred to by the media as “…murder by their family for sexual misconduct” or as you said "to restore honour". In fact, honour killing is not allowed in Islam because it is a crime. These types of murders that are committed mainly in remote villages in some countries are a cultural and not a religious practice.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Why do some extremists think that they can use their own brand of justice, in a land that does not use Sharia laws. Honor killings, stonings, a sick the result of patriarchal oppression.

Regarding what a previous poster said, it's not the religion (Islam) thats bad. It's the sad individuals who take it literally, using it to control others, namely women.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That is my point.

No. They are savage and backward compared to us, and the difference is this. When as you say, someone shoots up a "suspected" drug house and innocents are killed, people here are outraged.

When things like this with Sharia law happen over there, life goes on. Barely an alarm is raised, and often entire villages are complicit in the "justice". Justice of course meaning murder.

Do you honestly think that in the US a small town would band together to murder a 19 year old girl for somthing as innocent as going to a beauty paegent? If so, your delusional.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Reprobation

Your wrong.

Your example of a father killing a daughter here for being a "slut" is not the same. Here, if one deranged male commits an act like this, everyone, including his own family with realize what he has done wrong. It is rare a mother would stand by a man who does such a thing.

Over there, entire villages with cast stones at the poor victims of these crimes. They empower each other by standing side by side as they act as jury and executioner to the poor women who suffer under the yoke of such horrible laws.

Hell, usually the sentences are passed down by the village elder, who is expected to be an example and role model to the rest of the tribe.

And why on earth would you claim that if the woman simply "cover herself as her male wants", this will not occur? Nothing on earth should restrict a woman from wearing what she wants, when she wants. Thats the same as a woman being raped, then you blaming her for "dressing like a slut".

Sickening and savage does not begin to describe the cultures which allow such attrocities to occur.

edit on 30-5-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

This is what they do to fellow muslims now imagine what they do to people who aren't Muslim.

As I understand it it is not against Sharia law to rape a non muslim, not against Sharia law to kill a non muslim, so they can rape and kill non muslims at will.

This is an evil religion.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Q:1984A:1776

Oh, I like America all right. I just think Americans do an awful lot of judging for a country that kills more innocent people around the world than any other country.
We are a country that produces a warrior class...how useful, for big corporations.
Maybe off topic, but my point is, don't judge lest YOU be judged.
And by all means, continue to ignore the war machine.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I don't see much outrage.
I see few war protestors, and a whole lot of censorship on atrocities committed in your name.
Happy Memorial day, count the dead on all sides just since September 11, and the death of this girl pales by comparison.
But, it is certainly a life. But, who is counting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join