It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim girl, 19, 'stoned to death after taking part in beauty contest'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Sharia law DOES authorize it by empowering the "mullahs" that authorize it.

Islam...coming soon...to a state near you...

Christian presidents, Christian leaders and the Christian churth have killed more people on this earth than any other body, probably more than all the others combined

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Originally posted by Stewie
reply to post by nightbringr

By, comparison, the Muslim people are civilized compared to Americans...and I am American.
Look closer to home before you demonize an entire culture.
That is my point.

While I agree that we have our own atrocities here, and I will be the first one to shout my defiance at the bastards that spit on our rights every day, I have to take a leaf from the old redneck book and say, "if you don't like America, you can geet owwt!" Seriously dude, you think that the Arab nations are more civilized than us? Take a !@#$ing vacation there some time then, and you just might appreciate what little freedoms we still have in this country. You will certainly have a bit more respect for our culture when you see the pathetic lives those people have brought upon themselves based on a ridiculous religion.
edit on 30-5-2011 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

What is it that makes you believe the US is civilised? It is currently the most murderous country on the planet. Is that civilised? Are you sure you're not confusing sophistication with civilised?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
After latest massacre, NATO to continue attacks on Afghan civilians

uruknet.info...

Tell me, is this what civilised countries do to innocent civilians? Can this be morally justified in any way at all?
Is this worse than stoning someone?

I simply don't understand the reasoning of those who are taking the moral high ground on this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

Originally posted by nightbringr

Originally posted by Stewie
Ah yes...
and in the U.S. we just pump 50 rounds into somebody because someone suspects that the "house" is a drug house.
Innocent father dead, leaves behind a six year old son and a pregnant wife.
Repeat that scenario a few hundred times for the cases that don't get reported because the victim is a nobody.

What is your point?

That was off-topic and has nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

I think this is awful and is simply another shining example on why Sharia law should be stopped by any means possible from spreading its diseased tentacles into the West.

By the same token the US should be stopped by any means possible from spreading its diseased tentacles of murderous, demonic alleged democracy and mass murder and financial terrorism across the world.

I don't agree with stoning, absolutely not. But the self-righteousness tone of your comments ignores the immense number of atrocities the US government is perpetating on three-quarters of the world. Obama and Bush are self-proclaimed Christians..... Christianity's history of mass murder remains unsurpassed.

My comments in no way, shape or form ignore the evil the West has caused. Do you think i am unaware of the wrongs perpetrated over here? If so, why do think im unaware? I frequently post on outrages caused or perpetrated here in the West.

Are you simply so focused on the wrongs on this side of the ocean you are unwilling or able to see that evil happens elsewhere? Simply because bad things happen here, i am supposed to ignore when somthing awful happens to a poor, young girl in the East? You do this poor girl a great injustice by saying to us "Dont worry about her! There are bad things here, too!". You minimize the plight of all people hurt, both in the East, AND the West.

Read though your last 4 posts. The OP's topic is specific. It is about how a girl was murdered, and you insist time and time again on pointing the finger at the West, when this simply did not happen here. Well newsflash; if this happened here, i would be talking about it as well, demanding the perpetrator be penalized to the full extent of the law.

Your message is also very selfish. You claim that while there are issues at home here in the West, we should focus clearly on those, and nothing else it would seem. Well im not that selfish. I worry about the plight off ALL people, no matter how near or far.

You are off topic, and clearly have an anti-Western agenda. Please try and stay on topic. No one here is denying the West is responsible for horrible things, it simply isnt the topic matter.
edit on 3-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

[

My comments in no way, shape or form ignore the evil the West has caused. Do you think i am unaware of the wrongs perpetrated over here? If so, why do think im unaware? I frequently post on outrages caused or perpetrated here in the West.

Are you simply so focused on the wrongs on this side of the ocean you are unwilling or able to see that evil happens elsewhere? Simply because bad things happen here, i am supposed to ignore when somthing awful happens to a poor, young girl in the East? You do this poor girl a great injustice by saying to us "Dont worry about her! There are bad things here, too!". You minimize the plight of all people hurt, both in the East, AND the West.

Read though your last 4 posts. The OP's topic is specific. It is about how a girl was murdered, and you insist time and time again on pointing the finger at the West, when this simply did not happen here. Well newsflash; if this happened here, i would be talking about it as well, demanding the perpetrator be penalized to the full extent of the law.

Your message is also very selfish. You claim that while there are issues at home here in the West, we should focus clearly on those, and nothing else it would seem. Well im not that selfish. I worry about the plight off ALL people, no matter how near or far.

You are off topic, and clearly have an anti-Western agenda. Please try and stay on topic. No one here is denying the West is responsible for horrible things, it simply isnt the topic matter.

I see you are someone who is very quick to throw judgements around.

What I object to is people in the west taking the moral high ground. Why is that an anti-Western agenda? Or does this conclusion of yours betray your own agenda...west is best?

To be clear, I don't have an anti-western agenda, nor do I have an anti-muslim agenda, etc. I abhor violence in all its forms.

I do have an agenda about us westeners taking the moral high ground on these issues.

Please show me exactly where I said we should only focus on our western problems and not on others? You can't because I didn't say that, nor did I imply that.

You say that to do so would be selfish. IMO it's selfish focus on the faults of other cultures and portray them as worse than our own, when our own countries have and are still causing massive, humungous amounts of terrible suffering all over the world.

My post is not off topic. Or if it is, yours must be too. Here's the sentence which you posted which I was replying to:

I think this is awful and is simply another shining example on why Sharia law should be stopped by any means possible from spreading its diseased tentacles into the West.

What you aren't acknowledlging here is that the US has its diseased tentacles all over the world. Military-industrial bases in how many countries? Do you even know how many? Those people don't want the US in their country any more than you want Sharia law in yours.

edit on 3-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

[

I see you are someone who is very quick to throw judgements around.

What I object to is people in the west taking the moral high ground. Why is that an anti-Western agenda? Or does this conclusion of yours betray your own agenda...west is best?

To be clear, I don't have an anti-western agenda, nor do I have an anti-muslim agenda, etc. I abhor violence in all its forms.

I do have an agenda about us westeners taking the moral high ground on these issues.

Please show me exactly where I said we should only focus on our western problems and not on others? You can't because I didn't say that, nor did I imply that.

You say that to do so would be selfish. IMO it's selfish focus on the faults of other cultures and portray them as worse than our own, when our own countries have and are still causing massive, humungous amounts of terrible suffering all over the world.

My post is not off topic. Or if it is, yours must be too. Here's the sentence which you posted which I was replying to:

What you aren't acknowledlging here is that the US has its diseased tentacles all over the world. Military-industrial bases in how many countries? Do you even know how many? Those people don't want the US in their country any more than you want Sharia law in yours.

edit on 3-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

I never once said the US doesnt. I dont know where you get this from. It simply is NOT the subject matter.

Yes, i do have a problem with Sharia law. Please look back a few pages to the post of the man living in Indonesia. He told me that there, different religions live in relative peace, with one exception. The Wahabists. They want to bend the will of everyone else to their own.

And yes, the US does that too! But again, THATS NOT THE POINT! Im not an American, im Canadian. But when i see what Sharia does to women it makes me sick. You will go on about how women here are raped and murdered all the time, but we as a society DO NOT CONDONE IT! There is a very big difference there that you do not grasp.

A friend of mine from england told me a very telling story recently. He is from a smaller town in the south west. Slowly over the course of the last 30 years, more and more Arabs have moved in. At first, he described most of them as nice, peaceful people. Different perhaps, but generally amiable. But as the population of the town quickly became predominately Arab, somthing changed. A different "kind" of arab started to move in. Perhaps they were from Saudi Arabia, or other country where Sharia is observed, but they were far from kind to the native locals.

They started to become political. They joined the town council, and after a time started to make demands. The culmination of this was to demand that ALL women, including the caucasian citizens make their wives wear veils at all times. Since this time most white citizens have abandoned this town as attacks and slurs against the white people, and especially the women kept increasing.

This is not right or fair. Now im sure you are going to label me a biggot, but what im trying to stress is its not the people themselves im against, its sharia law. It is a hateful, sexist form of law that im my honest opinion, should be banished from the face of the earth.

But for you, the only laws i can say are bad are Western.

Ps. Im not a politician. I do believe i can take the moral high ground on these issues. After all, i do take the same high ground when discussing local issues. Why not? You certainly are by berating me on not focusing on local issues. Why i dont know, i certainly am very locally active politically as well as here on ATS. Why can you take the moral high ground and i cant? Of course i know the US has bases all over the world and stirs up trouble. Did i say it did not? I really dont understand your passing judgement on me in this manner.

As you said, i know the USA has its own "diseases tenticles" all over the world. But isnt that a different subject matter? Perhaps if you specifically want to bash the USA you might want to start a new subject dealing with that?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Nicely put. I never understood why this always pops up in threads criticizing muslim extremism. One wrong does not make another wrong allright. I guess the US should have left the nazis alone, because they were quite racist themselves at the time, according to this logic?

If the WW2 was today, you would get plenty of nazi apologists claiming exactly that, and poluting anti-nazi threads with off-topic posts.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
As dumb as pageants are, what is more stupid is people who would feel violent about them.
And tragic and sad, how a young beautiful person was murdered because of some religious extremists.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
People do not realize that Islam indeed is a religion of violent savages that do support stonings of adulterers, killing of apostates and so on.

There are hundreds of millions of extremists supporting this, making up significant part of world muslims, often majorities. It is worse than nazism.

This is not in any way an exception or chance.

pewglobal.org...

i have to be strictly honest with you, your government has given you so much propaganda, that you actually believe that this is what muslims are like. As a british christian living in a muslim country, i have to abide by sharia law.

And its not as bad as you lot are being led to believe.

it is only the tribal people who live in the villages, the beduins who participate in stoning and lot, the rest of the muslim world is almost identical to your precious USA. but as per propaganda so that the entire US is against the muslim world so they can keep on interfering and making things worse for their own agenda.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
total shame the girl is/was very pretty.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowZion

I would like to believe you. But I have even met quite a few muslims online advocating such things, and online population is usualy among the elite of the country. There are indeed plenty of normal, non-extremist muslims, but I believe these stats are more or less accurate, and the threat of extremism is actually downplayed in western media for some reason, because most people are not aware of the true extent of the threat.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

You live under Sharia law, do you? Then answer these simple questions:

-can you vote for governmental representation?
-are women free to wear what they choose?
-are women allowed out in public without male supervision?
-are women afforded equal rights in a court of law?

edit on 9-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

So what would happen in your country to married woman who was convinced of adultery?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

What I object to is people in the west taking the moral high ground.

So are you saying that it is a Western "moral high ground" to oppose the murder of another human being over antiquated, barbaric religious law?

I find it quite abhorrent to reduce the quite natural humanitarian opposition to murder to a western moral agenda.

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

So are you saying that it is a Western "moral high ground" to oppose the murder of another human being over antiquated, barbaric religious law?

I find it quite abhorrent to reduce the quite natural humanitarian opposition to murder to a western moral agenda.

I found it amusing that he is taking the moral high ground over me taking the moral high ground!

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I found it amusing that he is taking the moral high ground over me taking the moral high ground!

It's actually disturbingly sad rather than amusing. What point must you be at in your life that you would be opposed to someone rejecting the idea of unjustifiable murder because it may be perceived as cultural hegemony?

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Why bother to ask me a question when you then answer it yourself?

Oh, and twist what I said, why don't you?
edit on 9-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I would like to believe you. But I have even met quite a few muslims online advocating such things, and online population is usualy among the elite of the country. There are indeed plenty of normal, non-extremist muslims, but I believe these stats are more or less accurate, and the threat of extremism is actually downplayed in western media for some reason, because most people are not aware of the true extent of the threat.

the muslim koran is almost identical to the bible, allow me to explain.....

in the koran it says the savior prophet Essa known in the bible as Jesus Christ known in the hebrew book as yoshua - all three of the books say that jesus is coming to save us from the anti-christ, the only difference is that the koran says that until jesus comes you can be saved by any of the prophets where christianity says only jesus and thats what people fail to realize, the muslim extremists are not muslim extremists they are people who have gone mad IMO, it does not say that blowing yourself up will grant you entry to heaven in the koran! i am a christian but i live in a muslim country and have muslim friends and we have had many religious discussions and eventually came to the conclusion that both our religions are exactly the same apart from the jesus thing.

Trust me - i live there.

The afghanistanis and the iraqis may be terrorists even though i do not believe it was them who caused 9/11 ( i mean no offense to anyone) but you must understand that it isnt their koran that is telling them to blow themselves up.

the koran just like the bible condemns those who commit suicide to eternal hell.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

That may be true, but in the end it is not important what religious book says, but what majority of people following it think it says, or do in practice. Just like Gandhi said: "I like your Christ, but I dont like your christians." I am not blaming Islam for extremism, I am blaming majority of muslims (at least in non-western countries) for extremism.

I dont have any problems with liberal or moderate muslims whatsoever. Its just that according to my research, they are in the minority in many countries. Not like western politically correct media preach that its the other way around (extremist is defined as someone who would even think about agreeing with stoning married woman for adultery, not whether he supports terrorists or not).

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

That may be true, but in the end it is not important what religious book says, but what majority of people following it think it says, or do in practice. Just like Gandhi said: "I like your Christ, but I dont like your christians." I am not blaming Islam for extremism, I am blaming majority of muslims (at least in non-western countries) for extremism.

I dont have any problems with liberal or moderate muslims whatsoever. Its just that according to my research, they are in the minority in many countries. Not like western politically correct media preach that its the other way around (extremist is defined as someone who would even think about agreeing with stoning married woman for adultery, not whether he supports terrorists or not).

the extremists are the minority of the muslims world- the absolute miniscule minority. the chapters and pages are almost identical to the bible and this is important as it shows that if both beliefs are the same then it cannot be the koran that is making them commit these crimes.

the extremists yes would stone people - but thats because they live in tents out in the desert and dont even know what a mobile phone is.

they are the minority believe me.

true muslims are kind respectful people. who mean no harm, will give money to the poor (they are all filthy rich lol), they get on with their lives and dont do anything. but what you all are being lead to believe from my perspective is that they are barbaric animals with no sense of sophistication.

this is not true, take a visit to dubai. see the burj al arab, the burly khalifa, go on one of the cruises, travel to abu dhabi, see ferrari island and yas marina, go paint-balling, enjoy the beach, enjoy the nightlife, but dont do anything to any mosques because that will bring out the savages within

your perspective is from the small villages within afghanistan and iraq, they arent all barbaric lands with little tent huts and that. there will be rich cities with skyscrapers and europeans and many other expatriates.

in the words of jack nickelson "cant we all just get along"

edit on 13-6-2011 by ShadowZion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join