It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense on Comet Elenin - Think for yourself.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
So I am a bit confused now, I saw the link provided on another ELE-nin thread that was from Cornell University indicating that Comet Elenin was known since at least 2007.

Cornell University Library

I am not taking credit for this link as it was provided in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, is it common sense now to realize that everything we are told is a lie?

Just because this is a university paper actually dated april 2011 with a speculative theory on earthquakes and relationships with aligenments of astral bodies does not mean it is correct. It like everything else apart from the facts are just pure speculation. Do not get fooled by speculative theory.

Mensur Omerbashich
(Submitted on 11 Apr 2011 (v1), last revised 30 May 2011 (this version, v2))

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

The Sun is the positive anode in a spherical discharge, known as the heliosphere. The Earth is negative relative to the Sun, and forms what we call the magnetosphere. Fairy tales of a rotating iron core are brought in to explain this magnetic field, ignoring the fact that electric currents create magnetic fields.

The Earth's magnetic field is created by the Sun, and the Earth's negative charge in relation to the positive Sun. The further away from the Sun the more negative charge will be built up. Each planet's orbit just happens to be such that it's magnetosphere tail just barely doesn't reach the next planet. This is not by chance. The planets have assumed stable orbits where they maintain the same charge year round.

This is a great theory. Think welding and current. Think amps and earth leakage. Think combustion and relationships with atmospheres. Keep thinking

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Yep, can't be Elenin.

But if you were to photograph an incoming dwarf star, one's imagination would make it look like that. But it has to be a hoax or simply some kind of photograph anomaly because with 7 billion people on the planet, there is no way no-one else wouldn't have captured something like that.

Also the Elenin alignment in March was on the 12th. But yea, it has to be Elenin or HAARP - I missed the nutters would make up their mind which.

There was a Sun, Mercury, Elenin alignment on April 3rd, and for a body so close to the Sun surely it should have imploded?

May 24th had a Venus, Sun, Elenin alignment.

Also, few things to note:

1) Brown Dwarf is a theorised concept. Just like Pulsars and Neutron stars. There is no physical proof - it's just a widely accepted hypothesis.

2) There is no proof that celestial alignments of any kind have an effect on our planet.

I just can't accept the Elenin = Brown Dwarf theory as it just offends my sensibilities. It's just too fantastic, too much out of science-fiction. If it's true and the proof comes out I'll be the first to embrace it but meanwhile I can't accept it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

So what do think caused my part of England to receive hail on the 31st of May?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Revelation11

Clouds probably. Shocker.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster
So, let me make this clear from the start; this thread is not intended prove any facts one way or another.

Which is exactly the problem with all the comet Elenin threads.
Facts dont count for nothing on ATS, but if you've any wild and wacky ideas backed up by nothing except a youtube video then GO FOR IT!!

Really, its kind of bizzare the way you state that you arent interested in facts. Most people at least make a pretense of being interested in facts, even if they dont end up paying attention. But I suppose at least you're honest.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nibiru The Movie is here: www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

great post
nice everything together, make some light in the darkness

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
So I am a bit confused now, I saw the link provided on another ELE-nin thread that was from Cornell University indicating that Comet Elenin was known since at least 2007.

Cornell University Library

I am not taking credit for this link as it was provided in this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, is it common sense now to realize that everything we are told is a lie?

I'm going to post what I just said in another thread about those papers and the author.

"That's hardly an academic study, there is a huge difference between an epaper and a peer reviewed journal.
Not to mention that the author of that paper is a clearly dubious character who among other things believes he is the rightful heir to the throne of King Arthur.
I'm sorry but that paper should not be used by anybody as evidence for their case.

astroblogger.blogspot.com...
Checkout friday the 27th entry from Dr Ian Musgrave.

But nevermind if his claims of Royalty in England don't pan out as he has staked his claim to the Bosnian throne as well.
bosnianroyalfamily.org..."

These papers are nothing but bunk.
I wouldn't want to take credit for that link either.
edit on 31-5-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Why did we not see any major earthquakes on the 15th of March 2011 if alignment is such an issue?

Edit: Also, here's a thought? Can we see Elenin yet? If not, what if TPTB have shot some object up into space like a screen or something that prevents us from seeing it from Earth and it is in fact something massive
edit on 31-5-2011 by ragsntatters because: afterthought

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Common sense tells me that Elenin is exactly what has been described to us by NASA and other agencies. A comet.
If we are to believe NASA/ESA's projection of the trajectory (which is the only source of information on the comet's path - that all theorists use to predict events) then shouldn't we also believe them when they say it is a comet?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revelation11
reply to post by amaster

So what do think caused my part of England to receive hail on the 31st of May?

The weather! Wow shocker hail in early summer. If it's due to Elenin then Elenin has been effecting the UK for hundreds of years!!!!!!!!!!!! well as far back as weather records go

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Revelation11

I seriously hope you're not suggesting that the hail you experienced was caused by Elenin? While I’m no meteorologist, I think it’s safe to say it was caused by severe thunderstorms mixed strong updrafts and freezing temperatures.

In you’re defense however, many places have been experiencing abnormal weather patterns. My personal opinion on the matter is that it is related to the recent earthquakes and their effect on the Earth’s axis. I believe it was reported that the Japan quake alone shifted the planets axis by some 25cm (4ft) LINK.

I read an article this morning that the latest data shows a total shift of Japans coast by 25m (65ft). I know in the grand scale of the planet, a few meters or feet seems insignificant, but it must effect wind and water currents in someway. Honestly, this is off topic and more than likely deserves a thread of it’s own. LINK

edit on 5/31/2011 by amaster because: Links Added

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

A few weeks back I authored a thread pertaining to the acceptance of facts and evidence here on ATS. I understand the complexities involved in proving one’s case and the staunch oppositions that can be expected in doing so. In the case of Elenin, there is so much hear-say that the real facts are hard to discern. As I stated, I’m only interested in slowing this train down with some common sense.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Thank you for creating this thread. I started the other one that is out there now. I appreciate your lengthy elaboration on the subject. I didn't have time to go into as much depth as you have, so I may refer trolls and psyops that won't stop their whining to your original post to clear things up for them, if that is okay with you?

Again, thank you.

edit on 31-5-2011 by my3911 because: Mispelling

edit on 31-5-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Interesting video...

Interesting attitude too, there's no chance in your mind that you're wrong is there?

Anyway, back to the video.

Why does he show this picture calling it a gravity well/trough?

When it is totally unrelated to the NASA magnetic portal article he links to it?

Seems the above image is from a discussion about curvature of space-time:

www.lorem-ipsum.es...
(Spanish)

And the NASA article says nothing about troughs or wells either, in fact it discusses how the magnetic portal channels particles from the sun to the magnetosphere.

Now I assume that this gravity well is believed to be capable of sucking in Elenin, right?

So let's say that this is true for arguments sake, and that this gravity well can suck in a comet or other object, if true then it would be sucked into Mercury's gravity well, because earth isn't the only planet to have a magnetic portal with the sun, Mercury does too and is 10 times stronger than Earth's.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

Interestingly enough, there is no wiki information regarding Leonid Elenin. If a person has discovered the infamous comet, you would expect there should be some wiki entry on when and where he was born, what he has achieved, where he has studied, etc etc.. None.. He is definitely a non person.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by notsoperfect

If it’s not on Wiki, than it can’t be true. Really? Has wiki finally risen to the heights of the end-all-be-all source for all reliable information. I’m not saying you are wrong in your assumption, as it certainly is interesting that little or no information can be found on this man, and not just from Wikipedia. I’ve heard him described as everything from a nobody amateur astronomer to a full professor at a Russian University. Just for fun however, I tried to look myself up on Wiki, and found nothing. Does that mean I’m not real?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

I've lurked here for a couple months, this is the first topic that I've actually felt needed to be posted on/about.

I couldn't read another 50 apocalyptic doom and gloom posts, so forgive me if this has already been stated.

If this was a large body, a brown-dwarf as some internet loons are claiming, it would be VERY visible by now. I mean a brown dwarf would be larger than Jupiter - up to 10 times larger. This would reflect sunlight and we would see a new "star" in the sky. It would grow larger by the week.

I do not personally know enough about astrophysics and the properties of gravity on such a large scale to say definitively that a smaller mass object (like a comet or asteroid) would have zero effects on the earth's gravity at the distances that people have so far claimed to have found a correlation with recent seismic activity. It seems feasible to me that a solar/planetary alignment with a large object could create just enough "tug" to cause earthquakes in already stressed areas for the planet caught in the middle. Because it's OBVIOUSLY a small body, though, I have to call bolshevik on this theory.

For proof: Today Elenin is closer to us than Mars is and you can see Mars in the night sky with the naked eye and it's smaller than Earth. Today Elenin is MUCH closer to Earth than Mars is and you CANNOT see it in the sky, even with binoculars or a small telescope.

One other thing: If you were to break up your last name into parts, you could easily find that the component parts of your name could be words in current or ancient languages. If you looked through enough languages you could find some great or horrible meaning for your name. A simple search for Russian names shows that both LEONID and YELENIN are fairly common names. It's amazing to me how people will try to find correlation by stretching the truth, adding/removing letters and numbers, etc and then making wild connections. This is called "spin" and it is exactly what this community should be working against.

With that all said, there is risk in EVERYTHING. On a cosmic level we are an insignificant little grain of sand in an unimaginably expansive desert. One commenter earlier in this thread said it's better to be prepared for the worst even if it's improbable. This is great advice - if it's not Elenin or Nibiru by 2012 it's going to be solar flares or nuclear war or global warming/flooding, or whatever.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Why is it that debunkers demand we not believe in theories presented here, yet they employ the exact same unsubstantiated opinion as do the conspiracy theorists?

Even if totally untrue, these guys are out there thinking critically.

They should be commended, at least for that.

Sadly, we all know that it is impossible to trust most governmental bureaus, including NASA.

Just their sheer denial of all things extraterrestrial is enough to disparage their 'official' standpoint.

The idea that this is a binary star system makes a good deal of sense, when you consider the geological and planetary record of our cosmic neighborhood.

And Leonid Elenin? That's pretty damn cheeky.

There may be something to this theory, but no one will tell you to worry until its too late (if at all).

Except ATS.

Use this sight like you eat eggs. Enjoy them, but add a grain or two of salt.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join