It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense on Comet Elenin - Think for yourself.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
re: "near collision" and "close"

Yup, those where subjective statements on my part. On the scale of a solar system what is close and what is far?

Anyways...

I don't see how 22 million miles (nearest approach) is close enough to do anything to the Earth. There have been plenty of other comets that have passed much closer to Earth without causing Armageddon.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I can't see how the thread "Dodged a Solar Bullet" relates to this discussion. Enlighten me please & thank you.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

Thank you for posting this video , I have been been looking for someone credible to explain whats known about Elenin for a while now and he does a good job.

There is too much smoke all around this story to not be any fire imo.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Lets say ELEnin is a brown dwarf.

So when should we be able to see that brown dwarf which is meant to be the same size as jupiter(or slightly smaller)?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
This comet is affecting the Earth, namely the Earth's magnetosphere. No, it is not a "dwarf star" or "Planet X" or "Nbiru". It is a comet. A very LONG period comet.

Comets were always regarded by the ancients as harbingers of doom. Think they were just all silly in the old days? There is a reason for it

There are over ninety short period comets known, on orbits of one hundred years or less, at least inside the orbit of Pluto. Halley's comet is one of the longest period of these known short period comets. This comet Elenin is on a calculated thirty nine thousand year orbit. We can't even prove a long period comet ever will actually come back. This one has not been seen within what we know of as recorded history, if the calculations are correct.

The big thing is everyone dismisses a comet because it is so small, and since gravity is the only force acting on everything, it does not have enough mass to affect the Earth, let alone Saturn. Hence the dreamed up BS of Nbiru etc. It is somehow invisible, yet it must be HUGE to have any effect on the Earth. This is the problem with mainstream science. The far more powerful electromagnetic force is ignored, and all bodies are assumed to be electrically neutral.

The Sun is the positive anode in a spherical discharge, known as the heliosphere. The Earth is negative relative to the Sun, and forms what we call the magnetosphere. Fairy tales of a rotating iron core are brought in to explain this magnetic field, ignoring the fact that electric currents create magnetic fields.

The Earth's magnetic field is created by the Sun, and the Earth's negative charge in relation to the positive Sun. The further away from the Sun the more negative charge will be built up. Each planet's orbit just happens to be such that it's magnetosphere tail just barely doesn't reach the next planet. This is not by chance. The planets have assumed stable orbits where they maintain the same charge year round.

Comets are on eccentric orbits. The further from the Sun the comet gets, the more negative charge is built up. This causes the comet's glowing tail as it gets closer to the Sun sometimes the charge gets so great that comets will break apart or even explode. The recent Deep Impact prove conclusively proved that a comet is not a "dirty snowball" and the tail is not water sublimating from the heat of the Sun.

This comet, on such and eccentric 39 thousand year orbit, has built up a LOT of charge. It has never been seen in recorded history. This is how such a tiny thing can have huge effects. As pointed out above, there were large electrical storms and other electrical phenomena on Saturn as it passed by, and it just happened to be aligned at the same time as three major earthquakes so far here on Earth.

At the very least, we will definitely pass through the tail of the comet, which will have major effects. But I would be very careful where you are on or around September 27th, which I think is the next time it will align.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is a fact that Elenin is not a brown dwarf for a brown dwarf inside the orbit of Jupiter would be the brightest thing in the night sky next to the moon. The 3 alignments coinciding with the big earth quakes are the most compelling things about Elenin thus far. If it happens again in September I would call that confirmation. If so then Elenin is some kind of electrical trigger since its mass is too small to have a gravitational effect.

I posted a thread on it a while back: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think we are all interested in finding out what is really going on

obviously we are seeing wierd weather etc

problem we have is we scour the net or if we have limited time we drop in here hoping to find answers, or at least some credible info

for example, do we have any access to decent astronomers/equipment etc?

I think this is one of the most "un-hysterical" threads so far - can we keep it this way and start building a body of knowledge without adding in the 'extinction of life as we know it' factor?

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gastrok
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I can't see how the thread "Dodged a Solar Bullet" relates to this discussion. Enlighten me please & thank you.

Greetings:

If you can't see, perhaps you should re-read our post carefully, actually read what was offered as enlightenment re: Earth's magnetosphere, and then, when sufficiently prepared, come back with further communication.

We look forward to your reply.

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Greensage already posted the links I put here

compulsory 2nd line

edit on 30-5-2011 by Tayesin because: coz I'm stupid today

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
ok. This is my very first post. In fact I made this account specifically so I could respond in this thread. Props to the op for a very level headed and thought provoking thread. That being said, this did remind me of something I have been wondering. Recently while lurking the site, I found a thread titled "Sun's Nemesis Pelted Earth with Comets, Study Suggests" within it (on page four) there is a post by an individual named Devino. The thread it'self was about the neat v1 comet. The main thrust of this particular post was Devino's assertion that comets are not actually "dirty snowballs" as is the understanding of my self and most laymen. What caught my eye was "Keep in mind comets do not sport tails all the time. Their tails are a product of a reaction to the Sun's solar wind and 'ignite' when they get close to the Sun at around the orbital distance of Jupiter and Mars." Now, from what I can tell from videos and articles I have seen on elenin, it passed Jupiter's orbital path sometime in august of last year. Just at a glance it looks as though it will pass within the orbit of Mars about mid july of this year. (just a couple of weeks away!!!) I could care less whether a comet is a ball of ice with water vapor streaming off in the solar wind or if it is caused by something else. What I'm curious about is whether there is a standard distance from the sun at which point the sun will cause a comet to "ignite." We have all heard the scientists asserting that the sun's activity is steadily increasing. If it is then I would think it would extend the distance at which a comet will ignite. The (in my opinion) rather large range of distance that Devino gave for ignition, has almost been completely traversed already by elenin. I never really cared about this thing until early March. There was a video posted on youtube on march 8th. I watched it on march 9th. It was some chick using that orbital diagram to track the "comet's" path. She showed the allignment of elenin for the chilean earthquake. She did not reference any of the other major earthquakes that had happened in conjunction with these alignments. Just the Chilean one. then she fast forewards to the roughly mid march point of this year and shows a similar alignment. Her estimation was for a major earthquake anywhere from march 11th to about march 20th. She posted this on the 8th. I watched it on the 9th. We all know what happened on the 11th. Needless to say, I was a little shaken by the idea. I am unable to find that video at the moment so I am unable to post it. (I will endeavor to do so once I can locate it.) I realize that I'm jumping around a bit, so let me try to sum my thoughts up before I jump on anything else about this mystery. The op, has stated that this thread is not an attempt to prove one way or the other on any of the elenin theories. Just a little interjection of some common sense into the topic. In examining the alignment notion, the op has not attempted to state the relationship of these alignments and earthquakes as evidence for a more massive object. A VERY convincing pattern was made quite clear though. In a similar fashion, I ask all to take a common sense look at the "ignition" issue. With each passing day, I grow more and more worried about the lack of news about a tail appearing. To be honest, if we make it another 3 weeks (June 21st) without said news, I will consider the idea of it being something other than a comet to be just plain common sense. Thanks again op.

Just saw another post from while i was writing this and eating. seems i should wait full on till the end of june before I assume not being a comet is common sense. but Im sure you all understand what i'm getting at.
edit on 30-5-2011 by LarrofDanu because: adjusting for further info in the thread that I had not seen.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LarrofDanu

Comets hit the sun all the time. Never heard of any igniting or exploding before they get there.

"The sun is hit by comets every few days. Comets orbit the sun as planets do, but comets' orbits often take them into the far reaches of the solar system, then bring them whizzing back close to the sun. When they round the sun, some comets are captured by the sun's gravity and become what astronomers call "sundiving" comets or "sungrazers." I haven't heard anything today about any particular sungrazing comet, but there was a storm of them earlier this year, and NASA's SOHO satellite often sees them"

Source
edit on 31-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2011 by jaydeePNW because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The discoverer, Leonid Elenin is a real person. Why do people think he isn't? I can make acronyms too.

Expect
Little
Earthlings,
Nibiru
Isn't
Near

Here is a Russian TV Video interview, there is no translation yet, I cant wait to hear from the people that will say he is a government plant or something.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by amaster

another coincidence with leonid is, that, if it is a comet indeed with that orbit indeed, then Earth would go through the waste left in space by the comet at the very same time of the usual happening of the leonids : around 11-9-11 to 11-11-11

(that's a lot of 1 too)

also you forgot elenin being a shorten of ele(ven)nin(e)... which again coincides with the date of going through the waste...

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Wish someone would explain what this is: www.youtube.com...

Because these pics alone convince me that there is something very big out there!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Wish someone would explain what this is: www.youtube.com...

Because these pics alone convince me that there is something very big out there!
Yea that picture proved everything. So much proof put into it.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jaydeePNW

Perhaps you should actually READ my post rather than just lightly skimming over it. Had you done so you would have realized that I was not accusing comets of spontaneously bursting into flames. I used the word ignite or one of its variants several times in my post. The first time was in a direct quote of Devino's original post. The other times I was using the word myself. In all but one instance, I remembered to put quotation marks around that word. As I would have thought would have been readily obvious to anyone reading my post, the reference was to the fact that outside of a certain distance from the sun, a comet will not show a tail. (Not to a significant degree at least) I could be wrong, but I believe that most of the glow we see from a comet is in fact due to the tail. Please note that by using the word "glow", I am not attempting to state that comets emit their own light. The understanding that I have of the situation is that the gasses streaming off of a comet allow it to reflect a far greater amount of light than just the main body of the comet itself, thus once within range, the tail appears and the comet as a whole becomes much brighter to any observer. My use of the term was due to the sudden "lighting up" of the comet when the tail appears. Hence the term "ignite." Once again I ask that you READ my post, and if you would like to correct me on what I am saying, please correct what I am saying rather than correct what what I am quite obviously NOT saying. I saw a thread title "Does a TROLL admit when he is wrong?" If you will kindly re-read that post I can have that question answered without having to read the thread. Now can we stay on topic? I could have sworn the op wanted us to use common sense rather than prove that it isn't quite so common.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Great insight, going to look into this theory more. So the comethasnt ignited yet? Im no expert but I read somewhere its got a tail of 60,000ish kms. Does that not mean it has ignited? Or is that just an unignited comet tail?

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by youwouldknow

If what you read about a 60,000 km coma is true, then that would qualify to me as "ignition." The only link I have seen thus far talking about a tail being observed was actually earlier in this thread. It was from Spaceobs.org. I don't know how good a site it is, but as per that post by the op, they record it at 100,000 km and quite possibly larger as it gets closer. Now all I need is a good picture of it to set my mind at ease. Or better yet to see it with my own eyes in about a month. I don't think I have ever heard of any other type of celestial body having a tail like that. So whether it is linked to our big quakes or not, if it has a tail, I will at least be satisfied that it IS a comet. Wow. I feel better already!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

People see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Check the date, Look at the position of elenin and explain how that video shows anything conclusive. The earth is in between the comet and the sun, no way they can be viewed together or photographed at the same time.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Seekeye2

I'm not sure what that is, but I don't think it's Elenin.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a200a6bb5ccd.jpg[/atsimg]

According to this, we'd be wanting to look about 60 degrees CCW from the sun, and there's also the ecliptic plane to consider. It's not until September that Elenin would be anywhere near the sun from our persepctive.

But he seems to have spotted something, so it is interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join