It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Backs Arizona Immigration Law That Punishes Businesses

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Newbomb Turk

I remember when that occurred I think. Wasn't it last Cinco de Mayo? My and the other sups ate at Pei Wei that day and applauded the establishment for taking such action.

In a prior post I stated I thought Americans had gotten spoiled to the point of a since of entitlement. I am starting to change my position based on video such as these, as well as some of the postings in this thread.

I, also, have worked labor - all my childhood and even after college, digging trees, pouring concrete (since 14) laying brick/stone, washing dishes, landscaping...I would do it again if I had to. Glad to hear others with the same survival attitudes.

Are we getting the old America back!? OohRah!

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

So i finally had a chance to view this clip. While I can't say I disagree with what he says, these are political, theoretical solutions. We have to keep in mind the reality of the magnitude of this epidemic, as well as the ripple effects on both the macro- and micro-economic levels.

Sounds sinful but, cheap labor=cheap goods. Would we be ready to absorb the expenses of good and services passed on to us by the providers?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

This act will doom agriculture in AZ. Truck crops will rot in the field.

No it won't, they'll just get locals to do it and / or get Europeans on legal work permits to do it.

Ones who will hopefully eventually settle in the AZ territory and the US to enrich the lands as they so need...

Afrikaan's, Kiwi's, Scots, Irish even English...

Good times comin' hopefully...

edit on 27-5-2011 by WatchRider because: typo edit

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by Night Star

And by the way, there are several individual billions in the US and elsewhere who absolutely could save feed, immunize the world - Soros, Gates, Turner, Rothschild, Rockefeller.

Get with the program, Honey.

Yep, but the problem is the rot need's fixing from within first.
When the social-engineering of democrat voters from illegal mexican's starts to diminish then hopefully the balance will steady itself...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm all for free immigration, especially if it improves the lives of those living in poverty.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRxxxTMG
I'm all for free immigration, especially if it improves the lives of those living in poverty.

Free immigration? No criminal background checks or checks for diseases?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Welcome back, We good?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Welcome back, We good?

We're good.

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by manta78

Supreme Court Backs Arizona Immigration Law That Punishes Businesses

www.cnn.com

May 26, 2011 11:04 a.m. EDT

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court has backed an Arizona law that punishes businesses hiring illegal immigrants, a law that opponents, including the Obama administration, say steps on traditional federal oversight over immigration matters.

(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 5/26/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

Wow. Something good happened for a change. Obama is against it too..

Go figure...

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SIRxxxTMG

Grossly Naive. I'm all for making people living in poverty, succeed out of poverty.... But if they are going to do that, and the results replace the poor, with a different group of people that are now poor.... then I'm against it.

Free Immigration will do that. They will work for chump change compared to what we need to survive, they will undercut all the hard working people out there, and do the same hard work for less money, which will result in tons of americans out of work.

Illegal Immigration is illegal for a reason. And guess what, It's not because the US hates Mexicans.... One of the wisest and smartest guys I know is a LEGAL immigrant from Mexico... Man breaks back too, awesome guy, and I actually value him as sort of a role model for human triumph.

His motto, you can beat anything... you just have to want to win.
edit on 28-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SIRxxxTMG

Free immigration of poor people into more advanced society improves lives of one group of people only at the expense of another. In the short term. In the long term, it decreases quality of life for ALL people - those in the source country loose incentive to improve their country since they can just leave, and receiving country becomes more and more like the source country.

True humanism, not pseudohumanism, is against illegal and unlimited immigration.

edit on 28/5/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Here's a video released by PBS explaining this new Supreme Court ruling:

edit on 5/28/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin
Free Immigration will do that. They will work for chump change compared to what we need to survive, they will undercut all the hard working people out there, and do the same hard work for less money, which will result in tons of americans out of work.

Actually if there was free immigration they would not work for chump change they would get at least minimum wage and when they are forced to pay into the system they would have no choice but demand higher pay.

What you are describing is exactly what you have now. Making immigration illegal but not enforcing the laws creates a cheap labor force which is good for businesses but bad for the american workforce.
edit on 28-5-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Here

www.azgovernor.gov...

is Brewers press release on this issue. I think it's a good step in the right direction. If anyone feels that the crops will sit rotting in the trucks......Start your own garden.

Not to say that I think it's menial labor below the average American, but the average American/Arizonan who has been unemployed long enough will take these jobs.

I made a thread a few days ago pointing out that the unemployment numbers here in AZ have dropped to the point where they are threatening to stop the unemployment checks. Hopefully this latest ruling will drive those numbers down a little further which will push those people into a position where they will either take the farm labor jobs, or not feed their families.

I've already heard many arguments about how jobs like this, and even Wal-Mart, don't make it financially feasible to get off of unemployment. But if the numbers are there, and here in Arizona they kind ofare already, people simply are not going to have a choice. You can cry all you want about how this sort of thing isn't supposed to happen in "The land of the free," but neither is the fact that I'm sitting here paying my taxes to keep people on unemployment when there are jobs out there to be had.

Even if it is seasonal work, like the temporary construction work that has picked up, which drove the numbers down in the first place, you can still re-up your unemployment benefits when the work drops back off again. I can understand feeding the unemployment machine when there are no jobs to be had, but there are right now and there will be more in the near future thanks to this ruling.
edit on 31-5-2011 by Taupin Desciple because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join