It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court Backs Arizona Immigration Law That Punishes Businesses

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Wow, never thought I'd have to deal with a border patrol agent turned conspiracy theorist. And one that even after I explain clearly my intent, now provokes me into a combative state of mind, disregarding what I said completely?

Hmm.

You sure you wanna go there with me?

I will press the issue, because you evaded the question entirely while you were so concerned that I was cutting you down. Does that fence work or not. That specific stretch of fence, not any other. Perhaps then we can proceed.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by Night Star

I don't go to walmart much but I am pretty sure you have to speak english to hand out the smily stickers - unless of course its a walmart in Hidalgo.

You seem to have a real issue with me and my point, while having very little, if any at all, education, experience or knowledge of this topic other than perhaps a CNN report.

There are factories and other jobs that require you to be bilingual in many areas. I didn't insult your intelligence, nor was I condescending with you. Try to have a little more respect. You don't need to be scholastically inclined or college educated to know what the hell is going on all around us. I live in the real world, I have seen with my own eyes what is going on.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

I starred ya because I agree. One point you may be overlooking. 20% of our population is babyboomer, soon (if not already) either dead, retiring or on their way out one way or the other.

We've already lost most of our manufacturing base thanks to NAFTA/CAFTA which were very good paying jobs with benefits Robotics is replacing many more jobs.. I worked at Daytimers back in the 90's when it hit, took a good chink of the company to Mexico except the printing presses which i was running. Our government failed then and continues now. Obamacare wouldn't even need to be spoken about if the were decent jobs for citizens.. My background is very diverse over the years to say the least.
I think we can live without illegals. So what you are saying is the pyramid scheme of social security is going to fail? Who would have thought?(alittle sarcasm)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
just for your info, sheriff joe is the only one to inforce this law. after getting a tip he conducts an investigation
then he raids the place. he recently raided a resturant chain and the next day there were numerous people lined up for work..
illeagels are costing us 75 million in emergency care a year.
they send 15 billion cash back to mexico each year.
it is the second highest income for the mexican government.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Issues like these always amaze me when I look at them from the hypocritical view of a democrat or a republican. It seems like democrats want so much government intrusion on businesses that the businesses can't even operate how they want to, but Obama doesn't support government intervention in this case. And Republicans are supposedly pro-business and are against government intervention in a lot of cases regarding businesses with how they want the businesses to operate and flourish on their own where the businesses can set their own wages, etc. But when it comes to the matter over who the business can employ, the Republicans opt for government intrusion.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This is great news. lets hope this applys to all buisnesses everywhere in the US.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Right on. If we continue to spread this across the country, maybe this land will be ours once again.

Fact: Just in California alone, illegal aliens cost the state 10.3 billion a year in services. Wonder why we are in debt?

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
usgovinfo.about.com...

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43
Right on. If we continue to spread this across the country, maybe this land will be ours once again.

Fact: Just in California alone, illegal aliens cost the state 10.3 billion a year in services. Wonder why we are in debt?

Illegal Immigration Costs California Over Ten Billion Annually
usgovinfo.about.com...

I like the way they use the term "children of illegals" in that spot. If they were born in the US they are citizens but it wouldn't have the same effect if they said "US citizens cost California over ten billion annually"

Most of it is in education. Right nobody wants educated citizens. (wee bit of sarcasm there)

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Mind - you are a well respected friend. And you are right, as usual. here;s the problem. This issue has been long neglected - long meaning DECADES. I work the interior for enforcement. My brothers down on the SW border and shot at, overrun, killed. Without that wall, we will never get ahead. Where's the wall? Never gonna be built. Why? North American Union sign ed by executive order by Bush. Now, we're just holding steady. Let me let you in a little inside info. Yuma sector Border Patrol - over 40,000 arrests per month. and those are the ones we are catching. No wall? No security.

Several states, including Texas, Virginia, Florida and NC are 100% Secure Communities. That means every single foreign born person arrested is being screened by ICE. Very few noncriminal aliens are being sought (unless they are "fugitives"). Now, we're taking up the ones already here illegally AND get arrest/convicted of crimes.

Are there enough of us to do the job? F-no! Is the current administration hiring to backfill positions and bring us back to staffing models? F-no!

Don't criticize ICE if you think we aint working. Call your congressman. And, if you are an open-border type, don't criticize ICE for DOING their job - call your congressman and tell them to change the law.

In the meantime - we're doing what we can with the resources available - it's called job security cause we'll never get it done - EVER.

All too true... I work for the third agency that you left out that all used to be part of Legacy INS. We find people who entered illegally or that are deportable for crimes they commited and can't do anything about it. If ICE or EOIR don't have the manpower to take up the case then we can't really do anything. There aren't near enough Immigration judges or Ice agents to enforce our immigration problem.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

What "Federal oversight"? Oh...I get it! Oversight. Face it; OIbama wants dictatorial powers. It is clear that everything is about HIM and what HE wants. I can just see him stomping his little feets because didn't get his way.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

This is obvious. Once you make them legal and "document" them, then they are entitled to higher wages, their credit score is tracked, they can be sued for not paying their doctor bills, they get taxed, etc, etc. THEN, there is no longer an advantage in hiring them. They are then on level ground with the rest of us servants. Honestly, I say legalize them. I know that's not the popular opinion and I'm all about sealed borders, but documenting them and making them legal takes away their power as illegals. They no longer get in-statue tuition and all the other entitlements we give to non-citizens but not legal, law-abiding citizens.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Wow - I am reading over last night's post and it appears I was a bit revved. My apologies to TA and the rest. Great discussion though! I never in a million years thought I would ever find myself advocating for illegal aliens. But I guess that's how far along I have gotten in my career (NOT Border Patrol), and how far out of control this issue has really gotten.

TrueAm - I will need to take a closer look at your reference before commenting. Truth is, I am not familiar enough with that project to chime in. In the past, the attempts were pathetic -clearly no real attempt for security because the Fed, believe, does not want it. NAFTA to CAFTA to the North American Union. That's what I see. But perhaps AZ takes a true lead in overcoming this. Hopefully the 19 other states pending similar legislation are successful too.

I've lost a lot of trust - it's a big shell game. ICE is doing amazing work in their programs - 287g, Secure Communities, Criminal Prosecutions - just not being provided all the resources to do the job even better!

Immigration? It's just like our deficit - out of control perhaps to the point of no return. We arrest, the judges toss the cases. For thos who do stay in custody - WE are paying to house, cloth, feed, medically care for them. And then we pay for their airline ticket. And for what - they're back in a month.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

What does Obama have to do with this? This problem has been around a lot longer than he has and it will take a lot longer than he is in office to fix it.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Everwatcher33

I think the General was referring to my OP on this thread which was from the news article:

May 26, 2011 11:04 a.m. EDT

Washington (CNN) -- The Supreme Court has backed an Arizona law that punishes businesses hiring illegal immigrants, a law that opponents, including the Obama administration, say steps on traditional federal oversight over immigration matters.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Well, the Yuma fence seems to have shown success. Whether it could be an obstacle that could not be negotiated is yet to be seen. Here's why I say this: aliens get real creative down there (tunnels, catapult, treble hook ropes, sledge hammers.

What pushed immigrants east was Operation Still Watch in Southern California in the 90s. SoCal is locked down for the most part. Some areas have no fence at all - just the river basin. However there are BO Agents on still watch with diesle light generators every few hundred yards or so. From Tijuana through Brownfield and Imperial Beach, aliens are forced through the roughest of terrains such as "Smuggler's Gulch." And then there's Dent Alley where aliens have poked holes in the fence so they can shove sharpened broomsticks through as BP drives by, denting the vehicles or stabbing them in the face.

So they moved east to AZ, NM and TX, where now the majority are getting through.

I applaud this AZ Bill. At first, I thought it would be "symbolic" in nature which would, in essence, force the federal government's hand. instead, the fed the sued. Unbelievable.

I hope ther remaining border states follow.

Still leaves the question about what to do with all of the illegals already here. My recommendation seemed to go over like a fart in church however I have not heard any alternatives.

What is the answer?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
By holding corporations responsible and not hiring illegals, stop the welfare benefits etc. and many will self deport. More ICE angents...These things would be a great help.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I agree. But it is very difficult to hold corps responsible for hiring illegals. Sure, many know what they're doing and they are doing it for cheap labor. But others are at a real disadvantage because illegals steal identities of real Americans. So they present documents with a real name, real SSN, DOB, etc. Even with the DHS eVerify, the number and info come back as good. It's usually not until a little ol lady from Texas calls the company or the cops to report that the IRS is after her, they've discontinued her benefits and her accounts are frozen because someone has been engaged in gainful employment under her identity.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by capod2t

Here's a youtube.com video discussion on your question what do you do with the illegals already here?

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Outstanding.....and a true win for the states. Gotta love the tenth amendment.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

I look forwarding to viewing that (can't view it here)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join