It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Air Travel Indefinately ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
so my question is:

What happens if everyone boycotts
air travel indefinitely til the Patriot Act
is repealed ???

Would it bankrupt the airlines ???
a victim of their own greed ???

Or would the US Gov bail them out
like they did GM and Goldman Sachs
and Wall Street ??

your thoughts ???

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

my thoughts...

it will never happen...

people are too lazy these days to boycott anything...

people don't care enough about their liberties enough to actually do something about it as long as they still have their conveniences ..

I'm sure there will come a day when they go to far and people really get pissed, but by then the only thing that will make a difference is the spilling of blood...

I haven't flown in 2 years... I take the train or drive nowadays... looks like the train might cease to be an option soon too...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wearewatchingyouman

I drive everywhere.

But the sheeple will continue taking it up the wazoo. It is pointless.
edit on 5/25/2011 by Lemon.Fresh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Probably the bail out you mention, boon. I'd fly for a family emergency...I guess...other than that, it's road-trips for me.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm not flying anymore period. After all the TSA nonsense, and the horrible service that I've gotten from a few airlines lately... I'm just done.

And now after reading about the Federal Government sticking their nose into Texas's business... I'm 100% done with ever flying again.

There is a better chance of you getting struck by lightning while simultaneously winning a scratch off lottery ticket than getting killed by a terrorist on a plane. Yet the TSA groping our private parts is soooo necessary.

And the TSA can't even prevent weapons and other deadly items from getting through their "security".

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That would not be enough to repeal the Patriot Act. It would be a good start. But in today's world with the internets being such a large part of our society, it makes Air travel by jet almost a necessity for a global economy.

With that said, more money should be put into private air travel such as blimps. Not as speedy, but in my opinion, safer.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think its a great idea. Talk with money. In the US you can't really travel by train because the airplanes stopped all that. 200+mph trains should not be a problem. The only way I could see something like that is if everyone didn't fly for 2/3 weeks.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelloJCneedsomehelp
The only way I could see something like that is if everyone didn't fly for 2/3 weeks.

well i did use the word indefinitely

2nd

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It would be --- inconvenient --- to not get from point A to B --- quickly --- .

But it is MORE INCONVENIENT to be under total and complete evil fascist control. I have faith that people still asleep can awake. As long as we have the internet the way it is. I just don't know though; if 'They' threw the kill switch on it.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Sounds like a winner to me. I not much into having strangers hands down my pants to begin with. There would be no reason to bail them out if they weren't doing business. I think that could be a start if it isn't convincing enough then move on to other things. Of course I am one of those people that think we should stop everything until they start to fix things.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

which fares another question:

Why are so many still asleep ???

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Bread and circus

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

Sounds like a winner to me. I not much into having strangers hands down my pants to begin with. There would be no reason to bail them out if they weren't doing business. I think that could be a start if it isn't convincing enough then move on to other things. Of course I am one of those people that think we should stop everything until they start to fix things.

well I'm not too fond of them groping me either
but what really gets my goat is seeing it done
to babies and 3 yr olds.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Ok, eeeek. I just had a thought. What if TPTB are making plane travel harder to help them push the high speed rail on us? You know like this: www.mercurynews.com...

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

The last time I flew I felt like I was getting arrested. The only thing missing was the fingerprinting. There is no way I would take a child of mine to the airport to begin with.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by redrose123

There is no way I would take a child of mine to the airport to begin with.

me either. It's indoctrinating kids that
it's ok for them to do this.

have you seen the new TSA pamphlets
for kids ?? They seem to be appealing
to the kids by means of cartoon characters.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f27d2599c44.jpg[/atsimg]

or was that image just a joke

edit on 5/25/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by d4ng3rm0u53

Ok, eeeek. I just had a thought. What if TPTB are making plane travel harder to help them push the high speed rail on us? You know like this: www.mercurynews.com...

I really very much like and approve of high speed rail. It's time we catch up with other modern countries in that regard. HOWEVER!!! This Forbes article says the TSA wants to target train passengers and even pedestrians.
blogs.forbes.com...
edit on 25-5-2011 by simone50m because: edit.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I am already doing this myself personally. Whether or not others follow me, I really don't care anymore. It is a waste of time and energy to try to get others to follow. I can't change anything other than what I do, and I have definitely done so.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

I believe it's because they are too busy trying to keep their families and themselves from becoming homeless!

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I hate flying anyways so no problem to me, would rather drive or even take the train over it, heck i'll even take a greyhound anything not to fly.

<<   2 >>

join