It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cattle Abductions Northern California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Cattle rustling is hardly a new thing, but in an area where cattle mutilations have been repeatedly reported over the past decade or more, this story may be related:

www.redbluffdailynews.com...

Those who have followed the cattle mutilation stories may remember the report made by the author of this article of one of their cattle being dropped from such a height that her horns were embedded in the ground so deeply they had to use equipment to pull it out. The cow was mutilated and drained of blood like dozens of cattle before it. The rancher eventually stopped reporting the mutilations because the sheriff's department couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it.

Now, ranchers in the same area are reporting dozens if not hundreds of new calves missing this spring. This is not only tragic, but nearly impossible to do without being detected, and without any evidence of anyone coming in on the ground, rounding up and corralling said cattle and then separating calves from cows, and then trailering them out. Cows are being found in neighbor's pastures, or walking disoriented down roads they should not be on a few miles from the herd they came from. None of this is usual behavior.

I don't post here often, just lurk. But I thought it was important to report to the UFO crowd, and of interest. My family and friends and I have all seen "lights" that we call drones traverse this north valley from west to east and drop down into the hills that these cattle have been taken from for at least the past 3-4 years (when we first noticed them). It's all too coincidental....

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neytiri
Those who have followed the cattle mutilation stories may remember the report made by the author of this article of one of their cattle being dropped from such a height that her horns were embedded in the ground so deeply they had to use equipment to pull it out. The cow was mutilated and drained of blood like dozens of cattle before it. The rancher eventually stopped reporting the mutilations because the sheriff's department couldn't/wouldn't do anything about it.

Do you have that article?

Now, ranchers in the same area are reporting dozens if not hundreds of new calves missing this spring.

Where do you get the hundreds number? There have been a lot, granted, dozens...but what is the normal number of calves rustled in a season?

This is not only tragic, but nearly impossible to do without being detected, and without any evidence of anyone coming in on the ground, rounding up and corralling said cattle and then separating calves from cows, and then trailering them out.

Nothing in the article suggests anything other than rustlers. It is not hard to see how rustlers could do it undetected, as ranchers may go weeks without seeing their herds.

Cows are being found in neighbor's pastures, or walking disoriented down roads they should not be on a few miles from the herd they came from. None of this is usual behavior.

Nothing in the article says they are disoriented. There is also nothing in the article that says the cows have been found in neighboring pastures. What it says is that cows were found walking down the road, which is normal behavior if you let cows out of their pasture.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Neytiri

What can I tell you.
Fresh beef for the anti Tesla cartels, its not beyond their doing.
Playing with the tractor beam, who is going to stop them.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
If i was a rancher id have video cameras set up around my field at night.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I love animals, and since my grandfather had a herd of diary cows when he was alive, I am going to say something I am passionate about. Mutilating the cows has got to stop. The tags the stores put on the valuable
merchandise, so it is not taken out of the store, should be tagged on the cow's ears. The gates, the fences, and a wire seven feet high should go around the pasture. If something removes a cow from the pasture, bells and whistles should go off at the barn, house, and a siren alarm sound emitted on the premises. I know this sounds expensive but each cow is worth $1,000.00 USD. Someone could get wealthy with this invention idea. Cattle mutilators should get a death penalty, or something very harsh for the deaths, damage, and terror they have committed.
edit on 25-5-2011 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by WingedBull

Do you have that article?
~~~~~
No, unfortunately I don't. I believe it happened in the mid- late nineties and was reported in the Red Bluff Daily News, same paper this article is in.
~~~~~

Now, ranchers in the same area are reporting dozens if not hundreds of new calves missing this spring.

Where do you get the hundreds number?
~~~~~~
From local, word of mouth discussion between ranchers.
~~~~~~

There have been a lot, granted, dozens...but what is the normal number of calves rustled in a season?

~~~~~
Very, very few. Nil or almost nil would be the norm. We're really rural here, and some of the place(s) these herds are wintered are not feedlots and small pastures, but on sections of land (640 acres plus) in some of the roughest volcanic areas around. It's not like 4 wheeling on flatland, it's steep and always treacherous, with some open flats of oats riddled with volcanic rock that'll take out an oilpan and undercarriage or high-center even a 4x4 vehicle if not slowly and carefully traversed. So jagged rocks and mud and steep terrain is what a truck/stock trailer rig would have to navigate to get to the cattle, and an enclosure with a loading ramp into which to herd the cattle in order to get them into the trailer(s), and horses and/or 4 wheelers to herd the cattle on, and finally the experienced personnel to do all this without any of the locals noticing them drive in and out of the area (locals seem to notice anything that isn't "normal" to their area) is what it would take to pull off this kind of rustling.
~~~~~

This is not only tragic, but nearly impossible to do without being detected, and without any evidence of anyone coming in on the ground, rounding up and corralling said cattle and then separating calves from cows, and then trailering them out.

Nothing in the article suggests anything other than rustlers. It is not hard to see how rustlers could do it undetected, as ranchers may go weeks without seeing their herds.
~~~~~
If you lived up here and knew the area, you may see differently. Yes, with great difficulty, some really talented rustlers born and raised in the area might be able to pull it off. But with no physical signs? Without being seen on the ONLY road that goes in to the area, that small farms/homes are on, and the main ranch the cattle belong to the last place passed before going in and the first going out? This is what gives me pause to think it might be other than simple rustlers. The sheer number of calves taken means repeated trips that would certainly get attention as a large truck and stock trailer, followed by another stock trailer with either saddled horses or 4 wheelers in it, and a truck after that with pipe panel fencing and cattle ramp....moving that much cattle is a BIG deal, a big job, and just couldn't go unnoticed. I just can't see how it couldn't.
~~~~~

Cows are being found in neighbor's pastures, or walking disoriented down roads they should not be on a few miles from the herd they came from. None of this is usual behavior.

Nothing in the article says they are disoriented. There is also nothing in the article that says the cows have been found in neighboring pastures.

~~~~~
No, nothing in the article says they are disoriented. I saw it with my own eyes in one of the instances.

quote: "This year since April 15, John and Candace Owens have had their neighbors phone them that there were a couple of tight-bagged cows along the road outside the fence, and no calves. A tight-bag is cow talk for an udder that has not been milked out. Or a JO branded cow with no calf in their pasture; not the Owens pasture."

This means that a JO branded cow was found in the neighbor's pasture, not the Owen's pasture. So yes, the article does say that the cows have been found in neighboring pastures. In this instance, they are talking about the lower road with the smaller farms/ranches, all of them well fenced and cross-fenced. Just how does a cow get from fenced pasture to another, in close proximity to their owners' houses if none of the fences were breached.
~~~~~

What it says is that cows were found walking down the road, which is normal behavior if you let cows out of their pasture.

Perhaps, but very few fly over cattle guards embedded in the road to prevent their passage from one acreage to another in the big sections. That makes it a little harder to explain away. It seems that the rustlers took calves from lower, on the flat, fairly populated rural residential properties and the remote, hard to access large ranges.--exactly the same ones that experience mutilations.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join