It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all 3 in melt down!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I challenge you to prove, or source a document which shows that there's enough radioactive materials at this location to kill each and every one of us.

You're spreading false information, and if you're aware of this, that's against T & C.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by joe12

here is the links for this search.yahoo.com... i hope one of them is current have not looked to see here is the latest news news.search.yahoo.com... in+japan it just keeps getting worse.

edit on 24-5-2011 by bekod because: added link

edit on 24-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

why don't you prove he/she is wrong , i bet you will find that he/ she is right it might not be a fast death but it is a long death, not just as a being but on the cell structure, mutations, cell damage , cancer, contamination would you live in the town next to Chernobyl??

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

The burden of proof is on the one making the claim.

I don't generally respond to people who bastardize the English language as much as you have.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

When reading the article it says that there was more radiation released that stated in March. That radiation is still being released but not as much as the immediate release. How much is now being released? It goes on to say there is a massive amount of radiated water they don't know what to do with and could end up in the ocean. They plan to have it under control in early 2012. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? Apparently nothing except the planet is continuing to be radiated.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

well may be i am just not in good health and do not give a rats @$$ as long as i can read it i am sure others can, and get the meaning, you did not answer my question would you live next too Chernobyl??? if so for how long

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

it is as if they want this to happen did you know they raised the limit again?? as too how much radiation a person can be exposed too, i will see if i can find the news link for it.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

atmc.jp...

www.nrc.gov...

first link. this shows 192 sv/h (from only one reactor). second link shows 4 or 5 sv will cause death to 50% of the exposed populace within 30 days.

asheham.wordpress.com...

there is over 100 tons of radioactive waste present at fukushima. it will take around 100,000 years to become harmless.

i'm not even talking long term deaths from cancer. 50% of the population dead within 30 days from only 4 to 5 sv. all we need is for the containment vessels to be further damaged, and leak this into the jet stream, or a hurricane to come by, damage the plant, and pick up radioactive particles and sling them everywhere.

there is plenty of radiation there to kill everyone on the planet and very quickly. it is a possibility, and all it would take is more damage to the containment vessels. i'm not saying it will happen, but why risk the entire human race over 6 damaged nuclear reactors?

edit on 24-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: spelling

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
and then i found this www.wisegeek.com... from the link

In radiation exposures ranging from about one sievert to two sieverts, permanent effects, or mild radiation poisoning, begin. Most people experience mild nausea, sometimes accompanied by vomiting, which lasts for about a day. A feeling of general illness persists for a week or two.

For levels of radiation more intense than this, bad things happen. For every additional sievert past one, the chance of death within 30 days increases by about 15%, adding to a base rate of around 10%. This means that about 25% of all people die within 30 days of exposure to two sieverts, around 40% of people die after exposure to three sieverts, and about 55% of people die after exposure to four sieverts. At six sieverts, the death rate is 90%, which increases quickly to 100%. The primary causes of death are internal bleeding or immune system failure that rapidly gives way to lethal infection. Hair is lost, people are rendered sterile, bone marrow is destroyed, and recovery can take years and may never be complete.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You have no clue what you're talking about.

None whatsoever.

My intent is to bring a reality check for the people who may visit this thread.

Notice how this chump uses data out of context, and extrapolates absurdities.

Shame on you!

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

that radioactive water is being dumped into the ocean. i doubt they are being honest with how much.

The operator of Japan's crippled Fukushima nuclear plant began releasing about 11,500 tons of radioactive water into the sea Monday evening so that it could make room in storage tanks for even more severely contaminated water.

www.weeklystandard.com...

this was on april 4.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur
For airborne releases hopefully that's true and maybe the planned tent will help reduce that even further.

But have they stopped contaminating the ocean? I know they are trying to contain contaminated water, but I still get the idea it's finding its way into the ocean. If they keep contaminating the ocean, that will add up over time.

It wasn't hard to guess it was worse than we were told, all one needs to do is study TMI and Chernobyl to surmise that's what happened in those cases, and history does tend to repeat itself.

The planned tent will hopefully help. I'm not sure on the progress of it as they said it would be up by the end of May and that rightbaround the corner. We also have three in meltdown and we need three screens, and I believe only one is being worked on right now.

No, the containment of the ocean continues. I'm not sure that will stop until they get the melted rods under control. They have no idea how far down the molten mass is and if it has breached the bottom concrete layer. Ok, well they might, but they will not let us know. But, if it has broken through that layer that means the water is slowly dripping out and spreading in to groundwater as well. Its a scary situation there and they are making decisions now that will affect them for a long time.

When dealing with something like radiation the government lies. The words radiation insights fear in people, we have been taught to fear it. So anytime radiation is floating about they downplay it, because if they told us the truth people would panic, and probably harm more people than the radiation would. It's ignorance vs. Ignorance, a crappy situation.

Pred...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

You have no clue what you're talking about.

None whatsoever.

My intent is to bring a reality check for the people who may visit this thread.

Shame on you!

Shame on you! sham on you for putting one down for bringing forth valued info he/she is pointing out what the limits are and what the levels are at the reactor site. this is my tread do not like the context, all i can do is ask you not to post on here with insults.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This is your thread in an open-community forum.

I am free to post my opinion.

I feel compelled to call out a sensationalist, and fear monger when I spot them.

He is OBVIOUSLY doing both.

The situation is bad enough.

There is NO good reason to make it out to be worse than it is.

Have you any clue how much suffering he could be causing people by making these outrageous claims?

It would be unconscionable not to speak out against his err.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

i'm not trying to pick a bone with you. you wanted links for why i believe the situation is close to the edge, and i provided them.

my main point is: any further disasters at fukushima could cause massive death, so we should be working to seal the reactors ASAP. is that so wrong? this is the worst nuclear disaster ever. its sitting on an active fault, and hurricane season is coming.

i fail to see how i wrongly used any data. i used up to date numbers from reactor 1 (4608sv per day, and a brief exposure of 6sv is fatal to 90% of people). we have now learned the meltdown(s) occurred within days of the original disaster, but people weren't told. is it so hard to believe that a few of the other reactors could deteriorate like the first has? and that they would lie about it?

edit on 24-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Okay, first let's address the fact that you started out by saying this could kill everyone.

I take it you retract that absurd statement?

Now let's move onto the data you presented.

You fail to see that the measurements are for that specific location, and that the readings will GREATLY diminish as one moves away from the general direction of the site, and/or trade winds.

The data you provide is inapplicable for the whole world.

The way you have jumped from providing data of one area, at one point in time, and then jump to the conclusion that the whole world would be affected similarly, is entirely false.

Are you aware of this?

Are you aware of how much nuclear radiation is emitted every year?

Are you aware of how many nuclear bombs have been tested over the last 60+ years?

This is a drop in the bucket.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Okay, first let's address the fact that you started out by saying this could kill everyone.

I take it you retract that absurd statement?

Now let's move onto the data you presented.

You fail to see that the measurements are for that specific location, and that the readings will GREATLY diminish as one moves away from the general direction of the site, and/or trade winds.

The data you provide is inapplicable for the whole world.

The way you have jumped from providing data of one area, at one point in time, and then jump to the conclusion that the whole world would be affected similarly, is entirely false.

Are you aware of this?

Are you aware of how much nuclear radiation is emitted every year?

Are you aware of how many nuclear bombs have been tested over the last 60+ years?

This is a drop in the bucket.

the levels of radiation drop when you move away because the majority is still being contained. it wouldn't take much for it to be open to the air. another natural disaster would do it, or time. they can't keep pumping sea water into those reactors forever. if that were to happen, then yes, whatever countries that poison cloud floated over would lose their populations. for instance, the jet stream goes right over america.

if that much gets released, it wouldn't take but a few months for most of the world to be poisoned.

Are you aware the measurements i gave are from inside ONE reactor?

Are you aware that another natural disaster in the area could release that amount of radiation (much much more when you add the other reactors) into the atmosphere?

This is why they need to be sealed off pronto. are you saying they shouldn't be sealed off?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Please refrain from giving any further comments about Fukushima. I will be checking up on you, and alerting staff each and every time you provide false information.

You're out of your mind, kid.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ok, those numbers are deadly, but, they are in the core. When the radiation is released we are talking about the inverse square law and reduces substantially with distance.

There is a lot of spent fuel in the spent fuel pools but there is a reason it is spent. The U-235 is the fissionable substance and has been depleted in the spent fuel rods, leaving the less fissionable U-238. New uranium going into the reactor is around 10% U-235, weapons grade is 70%+.

The only people that should be concerned at this moment are the people of Japan. To incite fear and say there is enough fuel in the reactors to kill everyone is kind of extremist.

Strontium and cesium are heavier elements and will be quite dissipated by the time they reach North America and will fall into the ocean. A steam explosion at this point would release a substantial amount of radiation but, if the melted core are in water as they say then that should be impossible.

Pred...

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
well i found the news story where japan raised the safe level of exposure,again this time for the kids www.abc.net.au... from the link

Japan raises permissible radiation levels for children

Mark Willacy reported this story on Tuesday, May 24, 2011 08:24:00
Listen to MP3 of this story ( minutes)

Alternate WMA version | MP3 download

PETER CAVE: Outraged Japanese parents have held a rowdy demonstration outside the Education Ministry in Tokyo, to protest against the government's decision to weaken nuclear safety standards in schools.

Under the new guidelines, Japanese children can now be exposed to 20 times more radiation than was previously permissible.

The government argues the new rules are essential to keeping schools in the Fukushima region from being forced to close.

As our North Asia correspondent Mark Willacy reports from Tokyo.
so the next gen will have new cancer rates genetic deformity's and diseases what a wonderful world we live in. next they will raise the sea food level as well. the good news is you will not need lights bulbs to see at night you will just glow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join