It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOS are utter BS.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Hello,
It's obvious that you are a grown up ... so I'm sorry I have to say the following: it doesn't matter what you think ... you are dissociated with reality. It's rude to say that something doesn't exist to people that witnessed extraordinary events, it just make you look stupid.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 2timesOO

Very true,

I sometimes wonder if these threads are read by any military/insiders government agencies etc, If they were and could source back to that date, and find details about why the military chopper was over us that night they would know by looking at my details described, date time etc.... that they had a witness or two witnesses who saw the whole thing.

Slightly paranoid now :S

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
After studying the phenomena for over 35 years, reading countless books, watching dozens of documentaries, a myriad of videos, I have reached the conclusion that they do not exist.I do not reach this conclusion lightly. I cite the following reasons.

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

We'll you're not going to get PROOF, if you've been looking for pictures and videos you are way off friend, and after 30 years of reading these terrible threads I would be fed up too.

The greatest evidence of an intelligent civilization/s around us is that they never made contact.

What are you expecting? Them to come and land and be like "hi we're the aliens?"

Besides, we are killing ourselves with radiation, maybe there is something where they don't contact species that are destroying themselves and only observes. Who knows

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   
1. These images of two crusaders date from a 12th century manuscript " Annales Laurissenses" (volumes/books about historical and religion events) and refer to a UFO sighting in the year 776, during the siege on Sigiburg castle, France. The Saxons besieged and surrounded the French people. They both were fighting when suddenly a group of discs (flaming shields) appeared hovering over the top of the church. It appeared to the Saxons that the French were protected by these objects and the Saxons fled.

2. This painting is called "The Madonna with Saint Giovannino". It was painted in the 15th century by Domenico Ghirlandaio (1449-1494) and hangs as part of the Loeser collection in the Palazzo Vecchio. Above Mary's right shoulder is a disk shaped object. Below is a blow up of this section and a man and his dog can clearly be seen looking up at the object.

3. Depictions inside the Pyramids:

4. This is a 7000 year old petroglyph discovered in the province of Querato, Mexico in 1966. You can see 4 figures with their arms outstretched below a large oval object radiating what appear to be beams of light.

5. This is an old Chinese illustration from a fictional book entitled "Illustrated Survey of Weird Countries" (c.1400 A.D.) and had the following original caption: "Ji Gung Land: The people could make flying cars that travelled far with a suitable wind. In Tarng's day (c.1700 B.C.), Ji Gung people flying a car on a westerley reached Yew Jo. Tarng dismantled their car so it could not be demonstrated to the people ... Later an east wind came on which he had them fly the car back to their own country [5,000 km] west pf our gateway."

6. This picture shows a UFO sighting over Hamburg, Germany
The objects were described as 'two glowing wheels' -
November 4, 1697 - Wheels - Spoked Wheels:

Click Here for Source (HumansAreFree.com)

USA Mass Sightings:
1. en.wikipedia.org...
2. en.wikipedia.org...
3. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-5-2011 by gekados because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

And with 35 years of experience, you still can't understand that UFO = Unidentified Flying Object.

What a waste of time. lol

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodeRed3D
S & F for the title alone.

If there was ever a UFO, some archaeologist would have unearthed one way before now. So far all the evidence points to military technology.
edit on 23-5-2011 by CodeRed3D because: (no reason given)

I think the same. There is an awesome documentary called "the alien deception" and it covers how much we took from germany, ufo hotspots, and similarities to stolen technology/engineers (from the germans).

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

You know, people react very strangely when they are confronted with unexpected things. I saw 2 UFO (unidentified flying objects) in two ocasions: in the first one, while I was driving, I saw a big metalic sphere hovering the city where I live, at an altitude of 1,5 to 2 km, ..., the point is: I was witnessing one of the most significant, incredible thing ..., but I didn't stop (why didn't I stop???? Am I stupid????), instead I kept driving, my face almost against the windshield, .... In the second event, an orange light (bigger than the fullmoon) flew over me and my wife (took 15 to 30 seconds) and guess what? Not for a second I thought I should be taking pictures of it ... it just doesn't work like this.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

There is no proof that this is craft with pilots and the passengers. This could be a tiny remote controlled model or even well made helium balloon. The photo didn't prove anything.

The only prove this is airplane which could carry a crew and passengers is that we already are constructing such devices as airplanes here on earth. Everyone could find photos from the factory, everyone could go to airport and find that people are going on board, everyone could fly by himself. But when you see air plane on the sky this is only flying object.

When you see something like this.

You also see a flying object bout you could not find where on earth this is made and if there is any crew on board because there is no airports for ufo made on earth. If the factories and crew and airports of such crafts are on another planets or somewhere in space and this kind of crafts are less than one percent of traffic on earth this has to stay unproved except two situation. Firs, they contact us, second they will crash. We don't have proof that such situation had happened but we could often see a Unidentified Flying Object. This kind of object exist but we have no proof that it represents another civilization from space however such kind of thinking is most probably.

Nuremberg UFO battle 1561

People didn't write such events in serious chronicles, which are our historical sources in other situations only for fun.

I understand frustration of author of this thread. He is tired because of many hoaxes and because he was never on board of any UFO but this is not a prove that UFO don't exist. In fact his statement can't convince even a skeptics which are already convinced. We need logic thinking not emotional thinking.
edit on 25-5-2011 by odyseusz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

1.with over 30 years of home video cameras and millions of people using them worldwide, no one has to date gotten a clear, concise, and conclusive video of a UFO other than fuzzy blurry or inconclusive footage. Most are easily explained away.

2. There is a total lack of conclusive incontrovertible physical evidence. If an alien race has been visiting Earth for so many years, they would have left something here that can conclusively be linked to their presence.

3. There isn't a world government somewhere that has come forth to the UN and presented proof of their existence.

4. There has never been a mass sighting by tens of thousands of people over a major city.If the phenomena has been around for such a long time, at some point this would have happened during the 20th century. It hasn't.

5. Most if not all proponents of the UFO phenomena have an agenda, ie a website, book sales, the lecture circuit etc. There are few people doing pure research who arent promoting a book of some kind.

I know this will probably upset some people. But I am just sick and tired of all the speculation with no proof. and I mean PROOF, not hearsay or a fuzzy picture or video.

You make far too many assumptions here. I think you are trying to argue that there is no evidence of UFO's being from outer space...and in that sense I agree 100%. I am not a believer in the 'UFO's as vehicles for Alien visitors' hypothesis myself...none the less much of your argument is in error.

For instance your point number 1. You claim there are no good videos of UFO's. This is absolute nonsense...there are countless videos of unexplained things in the sky....and many of them are quite good..in the sense that they are impossible to explain as hoaxes, conventional aircraft or known phenomenon. This leaves only the unusual: Unusual Aircraft(perhaps experimental or even Top Secret aircraft....and though it seems unlikely to me Alien Space Crafts), or Unusual Phenomenon (any number of natural phenomenon which may be little known, or unknown to science completely). I will readily admit that the great majority of UFO videos are easily explained as normal aircraft seen from unusual angles, Chinese Lanterns, Balloons of all sorts, blimps, etc, etc. None the less having worked professionally as a camera operator and video editor, as well as having a working knowledge of CGI and Special FX, and as an admirer and avid follower of current military aviation technology and trends, I can say without a doubt that there are quite a few videos out there that defy any other characterization other than 'Unidentified Flying Object'. To say otherwise is to suggest that you simply have not seen very many videos!

Your point number 2 is based on an assumption that UFO's must be the result of alien visitors. The lack of proof of alien visitors therefore does nothing to disprove the reality of UFO's. Not only that but there is not reason why we could not have BOTH alien visitors AND UFO's as separate phenomenon. One of the reasons I reject the UFO hypothesis is because in my mind it seems illogical. The U.S. government is only 10 years or less from having workable invisibility technology for their tanks and aircraft (and this is what they admit to....in truth they may already have it). How unlikely then is it that Aliens with the technology to travel light years (and therefore far more advanced than we) would have technology to shield their presence so completely there is no possible way we could EVER know that they were here. I'm not saying that they are..in fact I don't think there is a whole lot of evidence that points to them being here, but I'm just making the point....if they were it's likely we would never know.

Your 3rd point makes the assumption that coming forth with proof of the existence of UFO's would be in the favor of some country....If these UFO's are active projects BY THOSE VERY GOVERNMENTS (it could be just one Government doing it of course as well) then why in the world would they expose their agenda?!?!

Your 4rth point shows poor scholarship...there has been MANY mass UFO sightings! One example would be the Battle of Los Angeles...Sure many have stated that this may have been nothing more than a few weather balloons, but even so...it was still never solved, and still qualifies beyond doubt as a UFO encounter. And don't get me wrong...that one is far from the best example, there are many, better ones...that was simply the first one to come to mind. Try doing a Google Search for Mass UFO sightings, You'll find dozens of reports to go through.

Your 5th point is a logical fallacy as it attacks the character of the people doing the investigation. Rather than speaking to any of the evidence it attacks the investigators as if making money off of something immediately makes you suspect....ALL PROFESSIONAL RESEARCHERS DO IT FOR THE MONEY!!! ....That is pretty much the very definition of 'professional'.
It doesn't matter if you are talking about someone Researching the Civil War, or someone researching The Spanish Inquisition.....If you are a professional, then that means ITS YOUR JOB....YOU MAKE MONEY AT IT....You're argument here is particularly nonsensical....no offense.

edit on 25-5-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: added a bit to a sentence for clarity

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Ehhh, if you were really studying the phenomena for over 35 years you should be able to answer the 4th question for yourself. The Battle of LA. Might have not been tens of thousands, but it had over five thousand witnesses at least. And don't tell me it was project Mogul. The US military couldn't down a balloon with over 3,000 anti aircraft shells? Plz.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
There are written reports from the first settlers in New England of seeing a ufo doing all sorts of things and a 3 hour time lapse. Did you research all of the reports made before even cars were invented?
Was that the government too?
I don't believe that you have done any research, if you would have, you would have known about these.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I believe you are incorrect about this.There have been mass sightings in Brazil, in broad daylight, witnessed and filmed by hundreds of people............

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Again, a dodgy grainy 5 second video and 10,20,30+ random people's testimony does not convince me that this is a UFO. Sure, its spinning there in the sky but I have no idea where the video came from or who created it. Why is there no panning to the witnesses?

All this is is another report from a country that has produced numerous similar reports. Now you'd think, if your countryfolk were filing UFO reports every other week, someone might actually launch a proper investigation? but no, it never happens. This is where my common sense kicks in.

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the right side of the fence here, it's just hugely disappointing that the evidence never gets any better and now that CGI is available for anyone to create something that looks genuine, we're screwed basically on the evidence front.

Look at the Jerusalem UFO event. dodgy videos with obvious manipulation, lack of actual reporting of an event, more dodgy videos. Half the world believes, a quarter doesn't and the other quarter doesn't care. What are we supposed to do, blindly ignore the mirrored tiling in the video and believe anyway? I'm sorry but I don't work like that....

Then look at the chinese village being zapped by a UFO. Still to this day people repost the wrong information and the unrelated pictures, despite the whole thing being a 100% misinformation case based around a social networking status taken out of context and combined with some unrelated footage of some electrical fire on a hillside. Then look at the chinese ufo's all disinformation with pictures of missile launches. None of it is true, it's all internet corrupted information.

I really really really want UFOs to be real so much so that I can dismiss a lot of evolution and replace it with theories about alien DNA manipulation. But after years of looking at this stuff and coming to realise that "the general public" can generally think they are seeing whatever they want to be seeing, i Just cannot believe at this stage, instead, I blindly hope that friendly aliens will one day return and won't instantly zap us off the planet!

edit on 25-5-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-5-2011 by ceetee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Perhaps you are correct.
In many de-classified UK Government documents on the subject, You will not find the term UFO. Instead they are referred to as UAP's but can nyone explain to me why Airforces from around the World have lost many dozens of jet fighters when they have been scrambled to intercept these UAP's ?

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Apart from witnessing an event myself 18 years ago, I would tell ATS, but then I would be bombarded with FAKE, no photos, it could have been swamp gas BS that ATS floats on.

However, I would take seriously any event that has been witnessed by trained observers, Police, Pilots etc

Is the OP frustrated that he/she has invested time and money into a subject that has not yeilded absolute proof ?
May I suggest religion?, any religion ! as your next hobby

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by gekados

The only problem is not one of those say "This object is an alien/ufo. Not a depiction of the sun or some deity."

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems we havn't heard a word from the OP since he started the thread. It would be nice if he would comment in his own thread.

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The UFO phenomenon exists. But I dont believe in aliens rather than demons and technology of our ´NWO friends´..

cheers

posted on May, 25 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xen0m0rpH
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1f14b325a08.jpg[/atsimg]

Explain away.

Lights are on the wrong side of the branches.

posted on May, 26 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
You're just mad bro.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join