It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 just became a real event for me

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
my opinion on 2012. The beginning of what I hope is a long discussion and the organization as a day where Humans can celebrate Peace and tell the World what's wrong with it.

December 21, 2012: A day of Peace and Transition

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
It is good to see that people are becoming "self-aware" of the things going on out "there" in the cosmos, as far as the "big event" goes I think it is simply the end and beginning of a new era, entering the age of Aquarius from the age of Pisces.

en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully a new age of enlightenment will come of this. No matter the outcome everyone should be mentally and physically ready.

"Be prepared" the Boy Scout motto rings true with everyone. I wouldn't put my money on the world ending but definitely have a case a water and some non-perishable food items on stand by. No one knows what will really happen, you can only make an educated guess.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Thanks for posting that.

I'd posted a link to Ian Xel Lungold's explanation of the calander but you went one better, you gave us all a taste of this fantastic revelation. When explained so articulately, it all makes sense. I just hope others too will watch the video(s).

You also posted many links I'm unaware of and I'm looking forward to following them.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

The Mayans have no prophecies associated with the end of the long count calendar. All of these claims of prophecies are modern tales. All of these claims of enlightenment are New Age modern tales. They are not Mayan in origin.

I agree with this - I also googled extensively on the subject and the only question I want answered now is where they actually got the date 12/21/12 - I've found sites that claim the Mayan calendar does NOT end on that date (and I'm inclined to agree more with them since we're fundamentally aware that our measurement of time fails, hence leap year, and the fact that Nostradamus agrees - if I was to place bets on any visionary, it would be him)

A lot of people find it interesting (guilty), and combine it with the Hopi Prophecies. Are they aware that the Hopi and the Mayans were in touch with each other? Telling stories to each other? Are we the only generations allowed to have science fiction stories? Seriously? Just sayin....

I have no doubt the "collective consciousness" is real and shifting.
I have no doubt that our world is in turmoil, and closely resembles a lot of things predicted in Revelations.
I have no doubt that the only way to fix it is to flush it all away! (yeah I stole that from Tool)

I DO NOT believe for one second that you can put a date on it.

This is "man's" greatest fail in all time - attempting to measure things in an effort to control them.

I am 100% positive the world could be vaporized any second without warning - there's nothing you can do about it - there's nothing I can do about it - and there is no such thing as survival - there is no preparation, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, no aliens coming to pick you up. 12/21/12 scares me no more than 05/24/11.

For the mystics among us who doubt.... Nostradamus predictions continue for like another 2000 years (I get dyslexia so I don't want to give the exact date but it was like 3797 or 4774, I forget) - so I think its time we all stop feeling special. We won't get to see it.
edit on 24-5-2011 by Forevever because: Dyslexic Moment

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

You changed your world view on the basis of 4 old cowards who are chicken hearted excuses for humans? Ok I dont know about you but If this is real I wanna go down in a blaze of glory not like a cowardly loser.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

You changed your world view on the basis of 4 old cowards who are chicken hearted excuses for humans? Ok I dont know about you but If this is real I wanna go down in a blaze of glory not like a cowardly loser.

I didn't change my world view or my view on the 2012 prophesies.

Read my earlier post ATS Link and exchange your name with "Facelift".

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

how can you be so sure? it will all end someday. it always has.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skem64

Lungold made stuff up as he went along. His claims are not based on the reality of the situation. He is dead, but Calleman is still out there espousing these claims.

Mistakes:
1. Mayan pyramids do not have in general 9 levels.
2. The Mayans did not know about cells or galaxies

But these are my observations. Why not see what an actual archaeologist has to say about these claims:
How to Spot a Prophet's Maya Hoax

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Your title says it all, it "became real" so your view has infact changed....or should you re title the thread I'm confused
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: I cant spell

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I want answered now is where they actually got the date 12/21/12

The date is based on the long count calendar. The calendar is set to wrap on that date. It catches people's eyes just as the odometer on a car turning many digits at once. The end of the long count can be converted to our Gregorian system by using what is known as a correlation. Dates are matched up using various techniques. The correlation is given a name, the GMT correlation. Those are the initials of 3 Mayan scholars. Not everyone agrees and so there are several of these correlations. The matter of leap years is not important since the correlation addresses the issue of the differences of the calendars.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I don't understand why it is such a difficult concept to grasp for some people. The earth has been constantly transforming since it began. It goes through periodic changes, just as you pointed out. Scientists agree that we are overdue these changes. Our very existence on the earth continues to alter it as well. With all of our technology, we don't notice the changes. But the Mayans were very perceptive to nature and what happens to the earth. They monitored the movement of the solar system, the changes in weather, the tides, and the seasons over the course of generations. Just as a blind person can smell and hear better than someone who is not blind. They had no outside distraction, no artificial light, no televisions, no stereos to muck up what they could observe.Years and years later we find that their calculations were incredibly accurate. I'm sorry....you can't just discredit that. I believe them. I think we are headed for the end of an era. What that means exactly, I have no idea. But I can feel that something is off kilter. It's in the vibration or frequency or energy in the air. Can you not feel something?

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

...The Mayan calendar is a CIRCLE. It does not end. And how do you know these people are "normal", they could be complete weirdos and you'd never know for sure. I'm going to just start living the way I did before I found this site...I feel like I was a lot happier back then.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

It became 'real' because it was no longer a subject of interest looked at and discussed on tv, radio, books and here.
It became 'real' because other people, misinformed, not in mainstream society are starting to take it seriously.
It became 'real' because now all the propaganda surrounding this subject has infiltrated society on many, if not all levels.
All that has to happen, when a stage such as this is set, is some little thing to set the whole thing off. It could be anything from a bad storm, to a power outage and the masses will all go into hysteria. This is a powder keg situation now, all we need to wait for is the fuse to be lit.
Look at how people act when they hear it is going to snow, now multiple this by a million!

And I do agree with you Avyuir. . . ignorance is bliss!
But these people looked as normal as they come, just 2 elderly couples dressed nicely, literate and peaceful.
I usually can spot the odd ones, for I am odd.

Well stated Advantage! (Below)
edit on 5/24/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I get what OP is saying. You dont necessarily have to buy into the whole prophecy, end of the world, aliens, blah blah to see that this could very well be a self fulfilling prophecy due to the main stream interest and focus. I dont happen to believe in any prophecies such as this.. or a date of the end of the world. WHat I do believe is that things are changing rapidly and people can fulfill a prophecy of disaster on their own without any divine intervention.

Apocalypse can be large or small scale.. and I imagine the people of Japan or Joplin more recently feel as their worlds have ended. In reality, they have. This is why I prepare. Im not arrogant enough to believe that I KNOW what will happen. I have a few educated guesses.. and there is always an opportunity for natural disaster and unrest. Personal or smallscale doomsday is a real threat. RIght now in my town with the mob actions of "youths" that has never happened before in my lifetime.. something is up. People are angry and dont even seem to know exactly why they are angry. Something is wrong with people themselves.

The things that Im exposed to with my work are that some people believe this end of the world issue to be real. Many reasons : an escape from their responsibilities, a reuniting with loved ones, an opportunity to live as they wish without law or constraint, etc. Even here on this board you see those who are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of an apocalypse or collapse for various reasons. Its not a phenomenon exclusive to the conspiracy community. Now its main stream... and I guess we will see if people force the fulfillment of it or not pretty soon.Especially now that they have been given a specific date and the media is treating it "seriously".

Some prep for specific disaster.. some live a prepper lifestyle. It is by far more easy, less expensive, and less stressful to live the lifestyle rather than running about stressed and stocking up. I hope that if something positive comes out of all of this is that people realize they are responsible for themselves and its dangerous to think the government will help you and cares about you. Its each of our responsibility to make reasonable preps for our own regardless of disaster. For those of us here who have lived through disaster... we can tell you that the govt is not your friend, doesnt care about you, and most times couldnt really help even if they wanted to. It truly is up to you to do this and completely your responsibility to raise your odds of survival regardless of disaster scenario.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I see what your saying but Im pretty sure it will be just like ... Y2K, 6/06/06, 5/21/11 etc Hopefully this time people DO kill themselves over nothing. I say this for two reason 1 to make an example of how stupid it is to fear ancient hokus pokus and 2 get rid of 2 million or so morons.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
reply to post by whyamIhere

Nor were they trying to predict the end of the world..

exactly. Little did they know that in a particular time in human history part of the human species (the rich part that lives in the "west") would end up in a kinda surreal culture that stimulates senseless distraction (we use to call that entertainment) and basically is bored to death and as a result have heaps of time to play with stupid memes.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
You say the people discussing a suicide pact on 2012 were in their 60's and 70's? Hmm...I figure when someone gets at that age...they would rather die together with their loved one as they are now..rather than alone in a nursing home or perhaps of a terminal disease that takes them very slowly. Perhaps 2012 gives them that excuse...I have no issue with it. Let them be....

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Nice. :-)

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I don't care what you say, your god or your devil don't scare me one bit. But I know they scare you. You need to stop being so afraid. Death will take you and it doesn't care what you believe!!

For one reason or another we needed fear to survive in the past. But the modern world is not the same as it was then. It's not wolves and lions and dangerous pathogens lurking out there so much anymore, it's US. We project our fears onto the world to alleviate them in a perpetual endless cycle. Our fear which we have evolved from the wilds is now working against us to make our lives here on earth a living hell. It helps to cause both the evil doings and the wars as well. So much is lost in fear and in waiting. We need harmony with our surroundings, not fear of.

We're self-fulfilling prophecies on two legs. We generate fears by not understanding things. By playing into our fears and submitting to our psychological illness, we make our fears come to life.

So your god or your devil, BRING EM ON! PROVE TO ME THEY MATTER. Otherwise, sit up straight and act a man and confront yourself in the mirror and finally, for maybe the first time ever, look around you at the world we live in. Examine its processes. Evaluate its character. Watch. Listen. Find a way to come to peace with death that does not involve faith. Stop chasing monsters. There is no silver bullet to kill them! For every monster you chase, you create another! Fix real problems with real solutions not because you're afraid and want to relieve it, but because this is a peaceful world and it needs real quantifiable answers so everyone is held accountable.

Just replace god or devil with 2012 or doomsday.

posted on May, 24 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Hi, I followed your link, not watched the video yet, just read the text.

A few years ago, before I came across any of this 2012 stuff, I was quite happy with life. But since comming across all this end-of-the-world stuff I now feel like I'm carrying extra baggage.
To begin with I was convinced the world is gonna end (at least, the world as we know it) but owing (thanks?) to people like yourself, I watched counta-videos that defuted the doomsday senarios and many of my anxieties subsided. I still however believe we are living in important (from a metaphysical viewpoint) times.

I'll read/watch more of Johan Normark's stuff if not least to know how he can catagorically say things like....

"Well, they knew about the Milky Way but they for sure did not have an idea of galaxies".

How does he know the Mayans knew nothing about galaxies? If he had of elaborated on this a bit I'd be more inclined to believe him or at least give credit.

Then there's this...

This is a typical new age strategy of combining various beliefs from completely different sources and suggesting that they have the same origin.

I don't have a problem with combining different beliefs etc.etc. In fact I think it is absolutely fundamental. Scientific even. By viewing an idea from differnet angles and getting the same feedback only serves to strengthen the hyposisis to my way of thinking.

For example that Bishop who predicted the last 10 popes has got 9 hits so far. That means only one more to go and this pope has already had a heart attack. The (second) Fall of Rome? Imagine what that would mean to the world....the Fall of The Roman Church!

And then there's all the hype about our sun reaching it's max. next year and solar flares knocking out satalites and sending us back to the dark ages.

Then there's the news report I saw this morning re: tornados. Already twice as many as the annual average and twice as strong....not to mention all the # going down in the middle east, Libia, Egypt, Morrocco etc.

My point being, when we actually do combine different sources with a view to spot the common thread...well things look grim.

Sorry to have gone on so long....I'm a doomsday-nut but am open to change, just show me a good reason to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join