It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 just became a real event for me

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

ok, me bad.
There is trace of the culture being there.
But no trace of where the cultures went.

I thought we knew WHERE the Mayans went - I thought the question was WHY they went....

its my understanding that they just up and left one day, even leaving some major projects right in the middle of them - then migrated - some went to the Yucatan Penninsula - some either blended in with other societies or created new societies for themselves.

TODAY the Mayan are alive and well anthropology.si.edu...

WHY they migrated will continue to be debated.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by bestof83

im in a safe place from global scale craziness, so i feel real blessed.

No one is in a safe place from everything that could occur. Me I'm fairly high up, fairly rural, got supplies in, got things growing. No extreme weather or geological events usually. But anything can happen, anything can change. Especially the latter. Weather is going nuts around the world, agriculture is being turned on it's head, we are entering a period of increased sun activity, space debris... We have a whole heap of extra radiation circling the northern hemisphere.. You could just be in the wrong place at the wrong time. No one is immune, no one.
edit on 29-5-2011 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hi, All. I don't see enough correlation being made between the Time Wave Zero theory from Terrence McKenna to the Mayan calendar when people discuss 2012. Now I'm certainly no expert, and please, anyone correct me if I misstate any facts. It is my understanding that Terrence McKenna discovered that the I Ching also calculates an end date matching the Mayan calendar. If I were more computer savvy I would post these things, but you'll have to look them up yourselves and try to form your own opinions. Regarding the Mayans, sadly, we have limited information to work with thanks to the people that destroyed most, but not all, of their documented writings. Many people have correctly stated here on ATS that the ending of the Mayan calendar is a mystery. So too was the time wave zero novelty a mystery to Mr McKenna regarding what would happen after Dec 21, 2012. One can watch the videos of Ian Lundgold on Youtube as he shows world history placed over the Mayan time line. This being the same thing Mr McKenna had done with his novelty theory. It is some interesting food for thought. Carl Johan Calleman has some interesting things to say about the evolution of human consciousness regarding the Mayan time line. I am fascinated with how quick so many people are to completely disregard any of the information we have retrieved from the Mayans as being nothing more than pure BS. And let's not forget the Hopi either. I apologize if I have not mentioned others with similar beliefs. Most people take the stars above completely for granted as most of us can't even see much of them thanks to man made lighting blocking our view. I think one should also look at Eric Von Daniken's works, as well as Christopher Dunn's work regarding his Giza Power Plant theory. And I'll throw in the name of Doctor Paul LaViolette too. He's one smart and interesting dude. And also Patrick Geryl. All of these people I have mentioned can be seen on Youtube. Whether you believe any of these people's theories is up to you personally. However, someone was going to be here for 2012 and that is us. I don't think you can simply nutshell the Mayan calendar as a bunch of senseless crap without also disregarding Terrence McKenna's work as well as host of other question seekers. However, common sense should clearly show us that we are polluting the Earth on a massive scale while doing everything in our greedy power as humans to kill each other over money while under the guise of fighting some type of "ism". Jimi Hendrix said, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be at peace". Yet the world remains in full charge at the love of power. What will be the event that humbles us? I dunno. I like to think that if there is an opportunity for enlightenment before the destined time of my death that I may be able to participate as opposed to not because of my inability to think outside the box, let alone think at all.

posted on May, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by superman2012

There is trace of the culture being there.
But no trace of where the cultures went.

Even the author recognized the issue, but you are unable to do anything more than exhibit the sort of foolishness associated with someone under the age of 15.

Maybe now you can move forward. I hope your ESL lessons progress.

Read all the posts before, draw yourself a web diagram, make notes, compare your notes and maybe if you get your mom to explain it to you, you will understand. I will not be replying to anything else you write, I don't have time for foolishness.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni
Just so ppl get one thing straight.
The mayan prophecies were never about the end of the world. It is suppose to happen something yes, a form of enlightenment, a new era or age, the discovery of something important and some even relate it to aliens or atlantis taking into account all the myths and mysteries surrounding that particular civilization... or could be something as simple as a change in cycle of the earth like today's "new year".

But never, ever was about the end of the world.

exactly. its gonna be about the end of the world as we know it... hopefully we'll all still feel fine.
but i think Elenin and the system approaching on her elliptic, has a few tricks up their sleeve that might throw a monkey wrench in our hope that the change won't be cataclysmic.

The guy you quoted had the exact opposite sentiments as you. He said, it's NOT ABOUT THE END OF THE WORLD.

You reply "Exactly, It's about the end of the world."

No, I just corrected what he was trying to say which was that most incorrectly believe the world is going to end literally... when in fact it has more to do with a metaphor of transition to a new higher frequency that will be foreign to most and not something they or modern humans ever experienced. However this transition and change will not be comfortable and seem as if the world they KNEW, did END.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 02bmw76
Hi, All. I don't see enough correlation being made between the Time Wave Zero theory from Terrence McKenna to the Mayan calendar when people discuss 2012.

Now I'm certainly no expert, and please, anyone correct me if I misstate any facts.

It is my understanding that Terrence McKenna discovered that the I Ching also calculates an end date matching the Mayan calendar. If I were more computer savvy I would post these things, but you'll have to look them up yourselves and try to form your own opinions.

Regarding the Mayans, sadly, we have limited information to work with thanks to the people that destroyed most, but not all, of their documented writings. Many people have correctly stated here on ATS that the ending of the Mayan calendar is a mystery. So too was the time wave zero novelty a mystery to Mr McKenna regarding what would happen after Dec 21, 2012. One can watch the videos of Ian Lundgold on Youtube as he shows world history placed over the Mayan time line. This being the same thing Mr McKenna had done with his novelty theory. It is some interesting food for thought.

Carl Johan Calleman has some interesting things to say about the evolution of human consciousness regarding the Mayan time line. I am fascinated with how quick so many people are to completely disregard any of the information we have retrieved from the Mayans as being nothing more than pure BS. And let's not forget the Hopi either.

I apologize if I have not mentioned others with similar beliefs. Most people take the stars above completely for granted as most of us can't even see much of them thanks to man made lighting blocking our view. I think one should also look at Eric Von Daniken's works, as well as Christopher Dunn's work regarding his Giza Power Plant theory. And I'll throw in the name of Doctor Paul LaViolette too. He's one smart and interesting dude. And also Patrick Geryl.

All of these people I have mentioned can be seen on Youtube. Whether you believe any of these people's theories is up to you personally. However, someone was going to be here for 2012 and that is us. I don't think you can simply nutshell the Mayan calendar as a bunch of senseless crap without also disregarding Terrence McKenna's work as well as host of other question seekers. However, common sense should clearly show us that we are polluting the Earth on a massive scale while doing everything in our greedy power as humans to kill each other over money while under the guise of fighting some type of "ism".

Jimi Hendrix said, "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will be at peace". Yet the world remains in full charge at the love of power. What will be the event that humbles us? I dunno. I like to think that if there is an opportunity for enlightenment before the destined time of my death that I may be able to participate as opposed to not because of my inability to think outside the box, let alone think at all.

Now that I hit enter a few times I mostly agree!
but I would avoid using "youtube" as a source, and since the Hopi and the Mayans were in contact with each other, odds are pretty good they would have similar info

Meanwhile, we're doing a mighty fine job of screwing up the planet without prophecy.

My money is on Nature for the win!!

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Whatever happens, I hope it wipes out all the billionair rich scum of the earth, who finance wars and corrupt our governmental institutions. I hold to the same sentimate as the one who began this topic; that even if nothing is supposed to happen, something will. I think, honestly, there will be mass hysteria. If enough people believe it, we will MAKE it happen. I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but Our world is slowly being eroded and if you can't see that, then I'm sorry friends, your goin with it.
So, What do you do to a system that does no longer work? we KNOW our way of life is unsustainable, and all things must come to an end; but this fact does not mean they do not see a new beginning. The reason I mention this is because of a man named Thomas Malthus, who coined the term "A Malthusian Collapse". Upon his presentation of this Idea, some corrupt individuals who occupied positions of power noted that a Malthusian-like event would actually be benificial to them, and this kick-started a whole new way of government thinking. That disasters of such magnitude could be used advantageously.
SOOOOOOO, lets bring it full circle. Lets say you have billions and billions of dollars. You hear about this 2012 thing, and see that alot of people believe it. You figure "Man, I could do something with this". What do you do? First, Invest your money in stocks that will skyrocket during a Massive International Crisis. Second? MANUFACTURE the Crisis. Create it yourself. Let the public become afraid, and get the ball rolling. This is the dangerous thing about 2012(The domino effect); all it takes is one Trigger, and that is much simpler than actually creating the "2012 event". Lets remember people, its not about money, its about power.
Anyway. this is just a "Could happen" Scenario; anyone with enough power/money could do this. I personally believe that 2012 is going to be utilized to dismantle and reconstruct our current world and social/political systems, and concentrate wealth/power even more into the hands of even fewer. So basically I think the modus operandi for the Government/Elite class is as follows;

1. Create awareness and fear of 2012, leading up to that date
2. Engineer the crisis
3. Let TSHTF
4. Allows circumstances to deteriorate to the point where the public becomes desperate.
5. Begin to "help" people, Offer them assistance, and Ultimately, Offer the public a solution which largely benifits ruling class and concentrates their power/authority even further.
6.........One world Government?

So why might the ruling class do this? What would drive them to such a horrible action? Well, perhaps it is because they acknowledge this fact; that the only thing which produces more energy than it consumes, is death. That is whats wrong with the world. It takes much more energy to save/help someone than to just kill them.

Anyway, that is my rant, hope you all enjoyed lol

*btw, alot of rich people are actually buying underground silo's and reserving their seats in massive underground bunkers; some are even inlisting contracting business's to build these "2012 bunkers" specifically for that event! If you dont believe me, look it up! What else can that Possible Communicate to everyone! These people have access to technology/information that the average person only dreams of.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by dillrow

It seems to me that your claim is that repeating the claims of the hoax of 2012 is in fact acting as an agent of the government, That puts hoaxers such as Calleman, Lungold, Arguelles, McKenna, Wilcox, Drunvalo, and others in the position of being government agents since these are the hoaxers pushing the nonsense called 2012.

As far as bunkers goes, there have been bunkers made for real events and ficticious events such as 2012 for centuries if not longer. Lots of bunkers were built for the end of civilization in 2000. I wonder if those bunkers were sucked up quick for the 2001, 2003, 2007, and now 2012 non-events.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I'm directly on the fence and am perfectly conent warning it play put from up here...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join