It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Camping proves end time prophecy preceeding Christ's return....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Harold Camping fulfilled a key scripture leading to the return of Jesus Christ and the end of the world age. In Matthew 24, jesus tells exactly what will happen in the end days just before His return. He said false prophets would arise and deceive many. Harold Camping did that. This description of the world at that time is one of lawlessness that will cause the love in people to become cold. All that you saw here with Harold Camping is scripture fulfilled without him even knowing he was doing it.

Matthew 24:11-24 (From the NKJ Bible)
11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold.

Jesus will return. It will be soon. God has reserved the day and the hour to Himself. However, I believe it will happen when the last person that can be saved is saved, then the end will come. The last thing that hapens beofre Christ returns is for the Gospel to be preached in every nation (Matt 24:14). As we speak this is being fulfilled.

So the news report should have said...

ALERT... HAROLD CAMPING FULFILLS END TIME PROPHECY.....NEWS AT TEN.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
We can now define irony: the failure of a prophecy concerning the nearness of the coming of Christ is the fulfillment of a prophecy showing the nearness of the coming of Christ.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

As a Christian, I agree.
ALOT of things have to happen leading up to "the end times".
It doesn't happen in an instant.
This man is a false prophet as well as many others.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

And, so it begins.....the inevitable apologists for that vile Harold Camping, and his delusional, and crazy (or, crazy like a fox? Did you see how much MONEY he raked in??) claims.

More fantasy, and superstitious nonsense about a myth.....there to further entrap more weak-minded and gullible people, as years go by...and generations...hopefully, in maybe one more generation, perhaps two, most will grow up and act like rational, logical adults instead of frightened children....the tipping point, must be near by now.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Apparently he is already here
www.youtube.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.youtube.com... ist=FLD3ZXqEvfRtU
edit on 21-5-2011 by Sorayugiman because: Wasnt working

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Yip Camping is nuts. And I also believe religons are all make beleive. Revelation is just as bad as Campings theory.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

And, so it begins.....the inevitable apologists for that vile Harold Camping, and his delusional, and crazy (or, crazy like a fox? Did you see how much MONEY he raked in??) claims.

More fantasy, and superstitious nonsense about a myth.....there to further entrap more weak-minded and gullible people, as years go by...and generations...hopefully, in maybe one more generation, perhaps two, most will grow up and act like rational, logical adults instead of frightened children....the tipping point, must be near by now.

For once Weedy, i agree with you...!!
2nd

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

No true Christian believed even for a second that this guy was right.
Its as simple as Matthew 24:36....

and to try to lump all Christians together with someone that is obviously not speaking from the Bible is ignorant. Implying that Camping represents the beliefs of all Christians is like saying Bush represents the ideals and desires of all Americans.

The atheists that spend so much time bash and hating people for believing in a higher power are just as bad as the pseudo-Christians that bash and judge people for not being religious(which is contrary to what the Bible tells people to do). All of them need to sit down and shut up. Everyone needs to mind their business. If you believe, go believe. If you don't, don't....in either case, one old lunatic does not represent an entire group of people, lest someone says Hitler represents all white people.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sorayugiman

Could you please fix your link, it's not working.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Or theres no such thing as God

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Horse pucky.

People have been predicting the end of the world since long before there was a man named Christ. And as far as the world being all messed up now, that is certainly not a new phenomenon of the last 100 years either.

People who insist on clinging to "signs" that their faith is well placed really have weak faiths to begin with; they forget the apostle Thomas who insisted on being shown signs and proof, and who is remembered as "Doubting Thomas" today.

They forget that Jesus said, "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." Needing to vindicate your faith by clinging to false prophets in search prophecies, is sign of a weak faith indeed.

Similar are those who feel the over-riding need to "witness" to others, saying they wish to spread the word, when more likely they are just trying to convince themselves. To quote Shakespeare, "The lady doth protest too much, me thinks."
edit on 21-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Add

Ditto for those creationists who feel the need to have their faith compete as a science, when one is faith and the other is product of man's reasoning.
edit on 21-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: addd

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sorayugiman
Apparently he is already here

Fixed.. this dude is NUTS.. apparently he was born and raised in the US but speaks with a slightly british accent.. someone needs to remind Jesus he's jewish.. not Americanoeuropean

Mine you this is another sick freak who's taking MONEY from people, and there's people who are BELIEVING it

edit on 21-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-5-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pop_science

There ya go

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This whole Camping prophecy this was a joke to begin with. A person is better off giving their money to one of the crazies with a 'the end is near' signs walking the street. He has failed to predict the end before now, and will probably try again in a couple of years. I just hope that next time people call him on his bullcrap instead of handing him their wallets.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Very well said Watts. Camping does not represent all Christians - or even a few of them, really. I do believe he is adding to the end-time prophecy as well - people sure are scoffing and their love is growing cold.

I also think that episodes like this one with Camping will help to fuel the hatred towards Christians that will cause them to be beheaded in the tribulation - those that are still around, that is.

I really do understand how non-Christians would think all this is foolishness. It makes sense in the natural mind, so I can see how the hatred will only increase, and probably pretty rapidly from this point on.

When we put on the Mind of Christ though, and put away all our pre-conceived ideas and really look at Jesus for who He is and what He did for us, we can see above the hatred and scoffing to the truth of Christ (which is probably being scoffed at by most reading this - lol)

Jesus gave His earthly life because He loved us. He paid the penalty for our sin. It really is so very simple. And yet it causes SO much dissention and hatred.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hey, now isn't this a coincidence!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

The last thing that hapens beofre Christ returns is for the Gospel to be preached in every nation (Matt 24:14). As we speak this is being fulfilled.

As we speak, in fact, this has long been fulfilled...

Colossians 1:23 - "This is the gospel that you heard and that has been proclaimed to every creature under heaven."

The problem people are having today is looking for prophecies to be fulfilled that have already been fulfilled. The entire Olivet Discourse, for example. For days now, I've been hearing people misapply Matthew 24:36 ("No one knows about that day or hour....")
As far as modern prophecies are concerned, a much better verse to cite would be Acts 1:7 - "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

And, I really can't believe I just ended my silence. I've been so good at keeping my mouth shut. Oh well.
edit on 21-5-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Christ was probably an alien. Expect an alien invasion soon. I reckon thats the rapture...lol

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Not only that... But it sounds like he's reading from a bad movie script. And why not show video of this guy actually talking instead of a picture with a voice-over?

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

There have been loads of false prophets in the past and everytime people bought it and everytime the prediction turned out to be false. Ever heard of the Great Dissapointment? Some prophet claimed back in the 19th century that the rapture was coming and everyone believed him. You can imagine what they did to him when the prediction turned out to be false.en.m.wikipedia.org...
That just goes to show the baseless evidence you fundamentalist christians rely upon thinking that jesus will come back bringing the rapture everytime a false prophet is proved wrong.
edit on 21-5-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join