It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5-21-2011 Rapture... Get the facts strait...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+77 more 
posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I've seen too many people on here mock Christians
over this stupid Rapture prophecy BS...

I wanna set some things strait...

Christians are not saying this... extreme fundamentalist lunatic's are...

I'm Christian... my family is Christian... we aren't saying the rapture is coming...

Jesus did not predict Sunday's Rapture...

The Bible is not saying 5-21-2011 is the Rapture

A lunatic by the name of Harold Camping did....

This is what is in the Bible says about the Rapture and the End of Time...

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has put in his own authority.

Mathew 24:36 "But the day and hour no one knows.not even the angels in heaven,but my Father only.

If Harold and his followers actually read the Bible...

They would know they were wrong...

Harold Camping is a false profit...

-End of Line

edit on 5/20/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You are absolutely correct. I've been saying/thinking this the entire time. I find it amazing they continue to support this blasphemous fool considering he was wrong once before.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
There are more types of Christians out there now that there are stars in the sky...one hates this group, the other hates this group..and they are suppose to be Christian ???? Seems I don't remember Jesus talking about this group of Christians over here and that group over there...and how this group is stupid and this group is ignorant and that group over by the well are talking about the group over at the tents, etc......

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
i agree with you and i find all this rather silly.

wikipedia says on Harold Camping....

"Departing from doctrines stating no one can know the time of Christ's second coming, he teaches that the exact times of the Rapture and the End of the World are to be revealed sometime towards the end of time (Daniel 12:9-13 prophecy)"

the verse:
Daniel 12:9-13 (King James Version)

9And he said, Go thy way, Daniel: for the words are closed up and sealed till the time of the end.

10Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.

11And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.

12Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.

13But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days.

how would u counter that to Harold?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
straight
2nd

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

One thing I noticed in your post... the Son doesn't know everything the Father does...... according to the Bible. Therefore, Jesus is Not God or One along with him and the Holy Ghost in the Trinity. Interesting. Is that only a Catholic teaching? I did know though, that we are not supposed to know the time and day so .... just another whacko prediction going on. It's the religious fundamentalists (emphasis on MENTAL) that give all religions a bad name.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

Since i'm a poor example of being "Christ Like"

I would probably just flip him off...
Call him the devil...
and
speak profanities against him and his mother

but that sort of behavior is as ignorant
as what his venomous tongue has spilled forth

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316
There are more types of Christians out there now that there are stars in the sky...one hates this group, the other hates this group..and they are suppose to be Christian ???? Seems I don't remember Jesus talking about this group of Christians over here and that group over there...and how this group is stupid and this group is ignorant and that group over by the well are talking about the group over at the tents, etc......

A Christian is a person who believes Jesus resurrected from the dead.

Everything else called Christianity is just historical detail and cultural baggage.
edit on 20/5/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Caji316

I agree with you.. Jesus didn't talk about any group of Christians at all because Christianity didn't exist until quite some time after his death. Jesus was a very strict Jew. He was mad that the Jewish people had lost their way. He wanted people to be more Jewish.

If you think about it really... Jews, Christians, and yes even Muslims are all just Jews.

But if you really break it down, we're just human. If we work from that level, maybe we can stop with all this end of days bull, God this, Mohamed that, Jesus another thing.

I really wish these weren't end of days predictions taking so many people's attention. Rather I would prefer us to have an end of organized religion discussion.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jaxnmarko

Hmmm let me clarify. Is the teaching that Jesus is One with God only in Catholicism? As opposed to a true Son that is separate from God and thus less knowledgeable and powerful? I'm not up on all faiths in Christianity and not mocking anyone though I do find most of these modern day prophets to be cultish goofballs. It seems to me many predictions are just attempts ad manipulation. I recall Oral Roberts saying that if he didn't get $19,000.000 by a certain date the Lord was going to take him... or something very similar. I remember growing up and flipping through the channels before church and wondering at the people in the audience of the televangelists like Roberts, Swaggert, and Baker. There appeared to be a rapt attention of Sheeple falling for a shtick or con was the impression I had at that early age. I'm pretty sure if anyone looked through an in depth enough study of history they would find these kind of predictions are just as old as religion itself.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You all believe in fairy tales regardless of the end date.

And don't be upset at that, I mean it in an empathetic way.

I'm kidding...well sort of.

The bible has it's end times, just because your god did not give a day makes him a true prophet?

There is no such thing as a true prophet, they are all liars. Why believ someone because they say they know something? The bible was written way after Christ by people who did not even know the guy.

I don't just hate this "false prophet" nor do I just hate Christianity, I hate any form of religion that oppresses their people from learning for themselves. And that's what all religion does. God did this, and god did that.

Sometimes the best thing about life is knowing that it means nothing.

Pred...

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
A Christian is a person who believes Jesus resurrected from the dead.

Everything else called Christianity is just historical detail and cultural baggage.
edit on 20/5/11 by troubleshooter because: (no reason given)

Lazarus came back from the dead, too, according to the New Testament. No one worships him that I know of.

It's about believing that Jesus was God.

(Which personally I find to be blasphemous.)

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My heart goes out to all those that will ultimately be disappointed on saturday. To take a persons faith and twist it just to justify your own personal interpretation is not only wrong but inherently evil.

I'm religious. Not because of something in a book, or something someone said. I truely bacame religious when I saw my child being born. While it is a biological function, the birthing process, nothing short of a miracle could have produced my son.

Believing what you want is a beautiful freedom we all share. And while you don't have to accept their faith, accepting their freedom to faith is what should be warrented.

S+F OP.
edit on 20-5-2011 by beezzer because: planet nirubu

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

I would counter that with the three verses provided in the OP. It CLEARLY states NOBODY but god will know the exact time. Therefore this false profit is wrong, for a SECOND time.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

they would also know that jesus is allegorical story representing the selfs struggle with the ego. but they dont.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

There is the Father... there is the son... and the holy ghost or spirit

From what i gather and have been taught Jesus is separate from God...

God is the supreme being in the bible...

so any others would not be as superior

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko

Hmmm let me clarify. Is the teaching that Jesus is One with God only in Catholicism? As opposed to a true Son that is separate from God and thus less knowledgeable and powerful?

No, the teaching that Jesus is God is a Christian tenant and not solely Catholic. The idea, I believe is that Jesus is the right hand of the father. Aside from being a quote from the bible it is an example of how it should be viewed: The Father has always been, as have his hands; both left and right. At a particular time he sent his right hand down in the form of an earthly man. The man Jesus would then be no less God but not the entirety of God... sorta dealy-thing...

I'm sure that can be clarified, I just don't think I'm good enough to do it.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I agree with you 100%

and I as well have my faith today... not cos I was scared to burn in hell... or someone told me to believe...

I found my faith in a most interesting way...

but I will not bore you with that

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caji316

IMO that's the problem with Protestantism... everyone can make her own interpretation, and there's nobody to check it and see!
Vicky

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lucky for my relgion; even though we also have prophesy of the second coming of Buddha, there aren't any nutjobs in Buddhism as there are in Christian.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join