It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Hole In New Jersey Yard Puzzles Officials, Experts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Sorry if this was posted, did a search and nothing turned up...

Link to story...
edit on 18-5-2011 by rstregooski because: wert

Mysterious Hole In Basking Ridge Yard Puzzles Officials, Experts

BERNARDS TOWNSHIP, N.J. (CBSNewYork/AP) – A Basking Ridge homeowner would really like to know why there’s a crater in her front yard.

“To me it looked like something blew out of the ground because the grass was folded back, the rocks and dirt were all spewn out into the cul-de-sac and across the driveway,” Sue, who asked not to be identified out of concern that the hole may draw unwanted onlookers and crowds, said.

"Something clearly came out of the sky and just hit it from an angle and then it all shot up the other way,” he said.

Officials and experts are also scratching their heads. For now, it appears the small crater that splayed debris across a 100-foot area wasn’t caused by a meteorite. Beyond that, it’s a mystery."

MOD NOTE:
Please read: Starting a New Thread?
AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.
edit on May 18th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: fix OP

edit on 18-5-2011 by rstregooski because: image

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's probably HAARP doing their exploding ground experiments.

"A hole in the yard of every taxpayer!"

*EDIT* To the guy's post below mine...I really hope you didn't think I was serious LOL

edit on 18-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Idk know what to think about it. Probably something simple did it. Not HAARP like the guy above me suggested. I dont know why everyone assumes HAARP is responsible for everything. My uncle Lee died of throat cancer last month I bet it was HAARP!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Maybe a mole exploded.

On the other hand very strange indeed.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaAgent
Maybe a mole exploded.

On the other hand very strange indeed.

I don't know man, but we gotta get Bill Murray's character from Caddyshack over here ASAP!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Damn moles.

Seriously though, I am going to keep an eye on this one. They are bombing us from the sky. It was obviously a malfunction or the robot got up and walked out of the hole. .

S&F for attention.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
It's probably HAARP doing their exploding ground experiments.

"A hole in the yard of every taxpayer!"

*EDIT* To the guy's post below mine...I really hope you didn't think I was serious LOL

edit on 18-5-2011 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)

Or maybe Elenin came early and crashed into the Earth, just as predicted

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Already a post going on.

NJ

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I think it got posted before, but with a news video also.

My guess is its related to all that fracking they do stateside. A mole would have burrowed into a gas deposit then farted. Mr mole is now floating around checking out the satellites!

Well I can picture it in my head!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by faryjay
Already a post going on.

NJ

It is in a different forum with a different twist. This one can remain.

However, next time a minimal content thread is started, it may be trashed.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's a sinkhole, not too surprising as NJ like here in Florida is very marshy. I have lived in both places, and whatever happens in Florida will most certainly happen in NJ too, and vice versa.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
u lot are coming up with sum crazy idea's not even listening to the evidence just seeing a hole a making stuff up
i expect more from u lot ...realy!

a ufo clearly not very big fell at speed from the sky hit the floor and then took of hence the boy saying "something fell from the heavens" and the fact the grass folded outwards
but hey just a theory
edit on 18-5-2011 by EDL2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Doesn't seem like a sinkhole to me. They are stating the grass is blown away from the hole and debris is scattered across the drive way. A sinkhole wouldn't do that I don't believe.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
First she says it came from the ground out, then she says it must have come from the sky.

My guess: Drano bomb. We have been having a problem with dopey kids making Drano bombs and leaving the bottles in yards hoping some other dopey kid will pick it up. Not sure if they can pack this much punch, but since nothing looks burned, charred, etc....I am saying it didn't come from space. Also, this is NOT a sinkhole.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c4676ebcfc3.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SatoriTheory

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I have no idea how that can be a sinkhole

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by rstregooski

Yeah, thats the video I saw. It doesnt look like an impact crater to me. It looks more like something has been uprooted. Are bush thefts a common thing in NJ??

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
it looks like "SNOOKI" was a little tipsy and fell on her butt,leaving the massive crater you see...gotta love New Jersey

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The fence contractor guys came out and used a post hole drill tore up the lawn then realized it was the wrong house, packed up and split without saying a word....

edit on 18-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join