It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What in the World!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c011fbb4b662.jpg[/atsimg]
hurricane.accuweather.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
The odd thing is that as the animation plays the anomaly remains.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I sent a U2U to OzWeatherman who is currently offline. Maybe he, being a meteorologist, can explain why satellite images sometimes do what this one is doing.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
here

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a2eef7aa490.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Probably just a glitch. Don't discount the possibility.

Maybe someone on the site posted a similar question and received a logical answer.

I recommend going through all possible answers, starting from the most logical to the seemingly paranormal or extraordinary topics of possibility.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

There goes my theory.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
it's like the trueman show and theres a wall in the sea!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I have no idea what that is, but it is most definitely unusual. I may be wrong, but I would think that if it was a photo-stitching error it would be, 1. perfectly straight, and 2. wouldn't be there all day.

Radar glitches are round; but this isn't a radar glitch because it's a photograph from space.

And being a photograph from space, I don't see any reason why an undersea mountain range would show up - unless some type of energy were being directed upward, disrupting the cloud patterns.

If it was a pulse detonation aircraft of some type like Aurora, the craft would have to be HUGE to leave that kind of wake, Actually I just realized: If it were a contrail left by a pulse detonation craft, there would be a white contrail and not a clear path through the clouds.

I believe that Eric's Biblical "clouds rolled up like a scroll" theory isn't the case here, because I've always thought that to be describing nuclear detonations.

What makes the most sense to me is that a meteor flew through that layer of clouds. The heat from a sufficiently large meteor would flash evaporate the water in the clouds leaving a clear wake with clouds on either side.

Still, I wish Eric was right. Even though this phenomenon may not have a Biblical explanation, I don't think we have long to wait before the return of Christ (there goes all of my credibility for this thread
) Folks, I truly believe, deep in my heart, that we are living in the VERY last days before the Second Coming. I for one, can't wait; I'm sick to death over all of the violence and injustice in this world, and the only person who can stop it is Jesus Christ.

That said, I'm taking my boy fishing. The only murdering I want to think about for the rest of the day is the two of us murdering a school of bass, and maybe a catfish or two.

Peas Owt.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
to me it looks like an aircraft contrail possible from the top secret american aircraft known by code name aurora.
Its a Hypersonic aircraft which has been spoken about in another thread here on ats but i know its propulsion system Pulse Detonation Wave Engines would create the swirl like patterns you see in that line here.
for more info check out this thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The satellites are in a geosynchronous orbit. I believe that these are stitched images. Thus, there is a problem with either

A. the stitching
B. the satellite camera(s)

Either that or it's a chem trail. Probably the chemicals in the chem-trail Aurora TR3-B are mixed wrong. Happens from time to time.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

Wow, pretty weird glitch!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nothing out of the oridinary by the looks of it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
So anyone figure out where this "zipper" starts and stops yet? or is that just "outside of the box" thinking??

Remember "stay inside the lines when your coloring children",,,little Johny,,,screw the box and the crayons, lol

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
At first i thought i was looking at two pics. Then i noticed the streak across the sky. interesting pic though. Good find my friend

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Graphics glitch guys, I seen this on google earth clouds sometimes, after the next refresh or update it goes away. Also seen it on some satellite radars sometimes, I'm saying this because I always watch radars and satellites

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was just looking at a global weather map here www.intellicast.com...
and noticing two vertical ridges (underwater mountain ridges or plate lines) on either side of India - the one on the west side did seem to line up with our zipper but zooming around that global map I noticed something else today. As of this moment there are virtually no clouds or precipitation of any size anywhere on the entire planet except for in North America. Am I seeing this right? Seems very strange to me.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

looking at it myself I'd have to say that is what Family Radio was talking about for May 21st. Thats is the spot the world will tear in part...Its in the Bible! lol

but seeing the pic in motion i think it is just a Doppler artifact like someone above me said, or maybe its just the spot where accuweather's dopplers dont reach. hmm idk

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2918d64c1250.gif[/atsimg]

Still glictching lol up too 1:32 p.m now lol i just don't know

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2918d64c1250.gif[/atsimg]

Still glictching lol up too 1:32 p.m now lol i just don't know

Looks at the very bottom of this. You can see how it doesn't fit like the rest of the "zipper" which to me screams some sort of glitch.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm guessing some kind of satellite glitch
Here is another example of it in another area of the globe...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a28768fedfb9.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 15-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ee3050c654b6.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 15-5-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4 >>

join