It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Survey Results: President Barack Obama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Seems like most of the folks who answered this survey just picked the answer that reflected most negatively on Obama, which can be expected from a conspiracy-minded group of people. Remember, this isn't just ATS members. In fact, one of the other surveys was MOSTLY non-ATS members. This one doesn't break it down. Any moron with a computer can answer these polls.

I mean... think about it.

"Yeah, he's a nobody - he has no power"!
"Yeah! He's taking the country to ruin"!

How can someone with no power ruin the supposedly greatest country in the world? It's idiotic. There's no rationality here. No denial of ignorance. No critical thought. This is like mashed overcooked carrots with no seasoning. Tasteless and useless.

Also, some of the questions have 2 or more questions in them. Look at number 3:

This appears to me to be 3 separate statements and I had a hard time answering it:

1. I don't care if Obama is a natural born citizen. 63% don't care if he's a citizen??? Only 21% CARE that he was born here?
2. There are aspects of his past he prefers to keep hidden. There are aspects of everyone's past they prefer to keep hidden.
3. These aspects may be worse than not being a natural born citizen.

1. I strongly disagree
2. I strongly agree
3. I disagree

I'm not ragging on the poll or the questions, I'm just saying that we can't take the responses so seriously! This isn't a scientific poll. I'm taking these responses with a grain of salt because of these irregularities and the skewed audience. I don't think people should take these surveys seriously. I believe the participants are probably largely the less-critical "conspiracy addicts" (those who instantly believe every conspiracy without critical thought).

In my opinion, these surveys are for fun and that's it.
Relax. In the scheme of things, 7000 people's opinions on a non-scientific poll really doesn't mean anything.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

wahhh. not fair.

if it reflected well upon him, it would be like.. "SEEEE!, Hes doin great!".

maybe im wrong.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer
Obama is getting pounded HARD for his lack of progress. Here are some things to consider:

1. He inherited two wars.

Let's not forget that those two wars were voted on by Democrats in Congress. Remember, they were for the wars before they were against them. Or was it they were against them before they were for them? In either case, both wars were voted on by congress. And furthermore, didn't BHO campaign on ending the wars and closing Gitmo? Also, isn't it strange how the anti-war protesters disappeared as soon as a Democrat became president?

2. He inherited a collapsed economy.

The Democrats took control of BOTH the House & Senate in the November 2006 election. The economy started tanking in 2008, again when Democrats controlled both houses of Congress. Again, the Democrats controlled congress during the last two years of Bush.

3. He inherited the entire bail-out situation.

Again, both houses were controlled by Democrats. He inherited a bail-out mess that was approved by a Democrat controlled congress.

4. He inherited a government deeply in HUGE debt (when Clinton left office, there was a surplus, not a debt).

In the year 2000, the National debt was over $5 Trillion. In 2008 it was over $9 Trillion. Now, it's over $14 Trillion. Let's remember that when Clinton was in office we witnessed the technology/internet boom and Republicans controlled congress for the last 6 years of Clinton's two terms. Yes, Bush spent money like crazy, but BHO spent more money in his first two years than all the other presidents combined have spent.

5. He inherited a government POLARIZED and caught in near stalemate, no way near bypartisanship.

Stalemate? Huh? In the November 2008 elections, Democrats increased their margins and became filibuster-proof. The GOP had absolutely no power to stop anything the Democrats wanted to pass through, which is how we got Obamacare.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

There is NO WAY a survey given to conspiracy theorists about a sitting president is going to come out positive for that president.
So, I don't think we have to worry about that particular scenario.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Pretty much as expected. Interesting that 51% of ATS responders do not believe that Obama is a citizen.

No, 51% of the people who felt strongly enough about Obama to voluntarily take the poll believe Obama is not a citizen.

These kinds of polls, while fun to look at, are statistically meaningless. You do not get a random sample.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Must say I thought Obama was going to be a good and different president. How anyone can believe in and hope for a decent president ever again is beyond me. He has betrayed the world. His slogan should have read 'change you can deceive with'. The bad guys are winning.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

This appears to me to be 3 separate statements and I had a hard time answering it:

1. I don't care if Obama is a natural born citizen. 63% don't care if he's a citizen??? Only 21% CARE that he was born here?
2. There are aspects of his past he prefers to keep hidden. There are aspects of everyone's past they prefer to keep hidden.
3. These aspects may be worse than not being a natural born citizen.

1. I strongly disagree
2. I strongly agree
3. I disagree

I actually agree here. A lot of the questions are 'multi questions' where a member might not agree with every aspect of the question. Then confusion arises concerning how to answer it.

For future polls, is it possible to break the questions down a bit more instead of having three aspects in one question?

As another example, I had a hard time answering some of the questions in the Osama poll, particularly this one:

1). Osama was killed by a US team on May 1.

Neutral. I just don't know what the truth is if he was killed recently or years ago.

2). There are important aspects being hidden from the public and other countries.

Strongly agree.

In the future, can we have straight 'one part' questions? That would make things a lot more straight forward.
edit on 5/14/2011 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Seems like most of the folks who answered this survey just picked the answer that reflected most negatively on Obama, which can be expected from a conspiracy-minded group of people. Remember, this isn't just ATS members. In fact, one of the other surveys was MOSTLY non-ATS members. This one doesn't break it down. Any moron with a computer can answer these polls.

I mean... think about it.

"Yeah, he's a nobody - he has no power"!
"Yeah! He's taking the country to ruin"!

How can someone with no power ruin the supposedly greatest country in the world? It's idiotic. There's no rationality here. No denial of ignorance. No critical thought. This is like mashed overcooked carrots with no seasoning. Tasteless and useless.

Exactly the point I was attempting to make. Well said.

Perhaps if the questions were worded differently and were more objectively asked the results would tell a different story. Instead, these poll questions were in effect "leading the witness"...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think he is doing just as well as anyone else would have considering he inherited two wars and a crumbeling economy. I don't feel that John McCain if he would have been elected would have done any better. What do people expect, rub your hands together and all these problems would disappear? I think alot of this dislike is because of color plain and simple.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
i have read most of the thread and cannot believe the way alot of people throw their dummy out of the pram when the results do not match their opinion. it's just a poll for christ sake.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Seems like most of the folks who answered this survey just picked the answer that reflected most negatively on Obama, which can be expected from a conspiracy-minded group of people. Remember, this isn't just ATS members. In fact, one of the other surveys was MOSTLY non-ATS members. This one doesn't break it down. Any moron with a computer can answer these polls. I mean... think about it.

yeah your right, any moron can answer it. then again any moron could answer any poll could'nt they?
i found it interesting 59.9% did not agree with the question "president barack obama is a manipulative and conniving politician, who is indeed the person in charge and taking the united states on the path of ruin, more so than any president before him.

but then again what are people agreeing or disagreeing with? that he is manipulative and conniving politician?
that he is indeed the person in charge? that he is taking the u.s. on the path to ruin? more so than anybody before him?

regardless 59.9% did not agree. has to prove to those moaning about the poll that it is just a poll with the same flaws as any other poll. but i reckon they would not complain if it agreed with their point of view.

edit on 14-5-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonbreath

Wrong, I even had a picture of him on my facebook profile. Just read an article today that he is worse than any previous presidents when it comes to lack of support for whisleblowers. He came into the job on the back of a pledge to have open and honest govn't. Well he lied. So don't pull the race card out because it's too simplistic, he is just like all the other politicians, power hungry. Oh and don't get me started on the Osama fakery he is presiding over.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join