It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Organism That Could Destroy Monsanto....For Good!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+42 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I'm truly hoping that this news doesn't just disappear like everything else that seems to undeniably prove that Monsanto is poisoning our crops, our livestock, and ourselves. Please read the article, it is very informative. Basically proves that Roundup gives vegetation "AIDS like" symptoms.

The problem with glyphosate, Huber says, is that it effectively “gives a plant AIDS,” weakening its defenses and making it more susceptible to pathogens, such as the one his team discovered. The scientists have taken to calling the bug “the electron microscope (EM) organism,” since it can only be seen with an electron microscope.

Strange organism that could destroy Monsanto

edit on 13-5-2011 by Yfactor1980 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Seems to me Monsanto is like a handy dandy Famine and Pestilence rolled up in one.

They need to be shut down. GM foods are dangerous and unhealthy, in my opinion.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
These posts are the ones that need to spread. If Monsanto every fully takes over the food supply, were in some deep doo doo. Forget about dying from a comet, you'll probably be killed for food first or die of hunger.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And if it does wipe out Monsanto what will that mean for us? Isn't like 90% of grown food now frankenfood? Sounds like a future food riot.
edit on 13-5-2011 by satron because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Related link here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Monsanto's Roundup Ready Crops Contain Organism Causing Animal Miscarriages, Scientist Says

www.huffingtonpost.com

Recent research claims that Monsanto's Roundup Ready genetically modified crops contain an organism, previously unknown to science, that can cause miscarriages in farm animals

the organism can cause disease in both plants and animals, a rare feat.

Huber states that Roundup Ready has a high concentration of an animal pathogen connected to "plant and animal diseases that are reaching epidemic proportions." Huber finishes his letter by stating, "It deserves immediate attention with significan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
In the OP's link, the scientist who discovered this also states the following:

A big part of the problem, Huber says, lies with the way glyphosate prevents plants from absorbing vital nutrients, particularly the mineral manganese. In the Food Democracy interview, Huber says some studies have shown that Roundup Ready soybeans and corn have up to 50% less manganese than conventional varieties.

Now from what I know, if the plants don't take up the nutrients out of the soil, then the people or livestock that eat those plants or products made from them don't get the nutrients either. So besides all of the other ways in which GM crops are dodgy, they are also nutrient deficient. This means that you get even less of those minerals and vitamins that are essential to a healthy diet.
He notes Manganese in particular, Manganese is an essential nutrient. Who knows what other vital nutrients are poorly absorbed by these crops.

And I didn't even read all the article yet
lol, I really do think that GM is one technology we could do better without.
Thanks to the OP for bringing this to people's attention.

peace
J

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It seems like some story about "Roundup" pops up about every six months that scares the hell out of me and then goes away. Thanks for an interesting read. While people have been busy talking about the Mayan calendar and the newest scheduled second coming of Christ, this is the the kind of important stuff that comes out and quickly gets swept away. So here is a bump because I feel this sort of thing is more important for our future generations than what rappers the first lady likes or what Pippa Middleton is doing in her bra.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I just do not understand why ANYONE would allow this to continue to happen. The real question I have, is why do we have huge seed banks around the world with 100% pure seeds for "safe keeping" while us that are eating today have to worry about what effects this might have on future generations.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
GM crops are some scary sh*t. Thanks for posting this. I do want to add though that I don't think this will "kill Monsanto". I would be willing to bet that nobody does anything about it as per usual. Corporations own the government. Heck I would even bet that they want this garbage to poison people.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I still cant get most of my family to believe me about the frankenfood.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Direct them to the thousands of "swept under the carpet" websites with tons of researches that have proven without a doubt there is a problem.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Yfactor1980

It has the potential to destroy Monsanto, but I seriously doubt it will. However, we need this kind of thing to be brought forward on a constant basis as so many people are still unaware of the Codex Alimentarius (spelled correctly?) and its ramifications. I inwardly wonder if the deliberate flooding of American farmlands and the planned breach of the Canadian (Manitoba) levees is not benefitting to Monsanto, since as many Manitobans point out, they could breech it elsewhere and allow it to cover pastureland instead of crop growing areas! So, maybe they paid for the cloud seeding that brought more snow and rain this winter? I don't know the answer, but their behavior record sure makes me wonder.

Through all this bleak picture, a person has to stop and ask: Are all powerful business pure evil? On Dr.Oz yesterday, he stated clearly that big pharma has invented medicines to treat medical conditions that don't exist in fact, but are fabrications of big pharma.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
For those interested in Earth's new Super Champion!...

Go Buggy, Go! KSS! KSSS! Attack Monsanto, go!

Wait I see it's eyes now. ( That's my edit )... I love it already!

edit on 13-5-2011 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

That's a good theory. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Found some more news that was recently released. Looks like the Obama Admin is about to approve GM Corn that is resistant to drought!

Obama Admin looks to approve drought resistant corn

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Probably it would be beneficial to use our purchasing power to skew the market toward non-GMO foodstuffs now, rather than wait for systematic collapse. Non-GMO products are labelled as such, and are often only 10-15% more expensive than their GMO coevals. That percentage would shrink further if consumer demand increased.

Also? GROW YOUR OWN FOOD. It's easy, awesome, and community-building.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Weird it is like they thought initially that it would only infect Heirloom varieties and kill them but this has backfired on them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

That was my thought exactly. A ploy to force the world into reliance on them. You guys know what this means right? More GM food produced that can withstand this "superbug"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Talk about things needing to be removed from the planet, Monsanto is definitely a canidate for that. How can we just sit back and let this corrupted corporation control our food supply? How is producing foods that can't produce its own seed help people?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
The FDA is owned by Monstanto and alot of former Monstanto employees work for the FDA. America basically does not have anything but GMO corn now (and all the products that come from it). Next up is Alfalfa as that was given full permission for GMO recently. So all farm animals will be eating GMO. This GMO stuff is deadly. There are tons of articles and studies. France's people are burning the crops. Haiti refused the "free" GMO seeds. Other European countries are also basically saying "NO GMO Here!". Only America, because we are owned and run my corporations and judges are allowing GMO. No wonder our life span is going down, chidren diseases are going up and all kinds of diabetes, cancer, and other food related illnesses are occurring here. Any country with 50% of its population on PRESCRIBED drugs, is headed for a downfall. Eat organic, stop eating meat unless you verify its food source, quit dairy unless you also verify its source and start seriously supplementing and taking herbal - if only to build your immune system to fight what is going to be many years of radiative pollution coming from Japan.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I bet they're working on something to prevent that organism from ruining their GMO's.

Seriously, that GMO thing is really scary, but it did benefit me: I've become more concerned about the food that I eat, all organic and nutritious, no processed foods, artificial ingredients etc, and I became healthier, I even lost tons of weight and got more energy.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join