It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found a book from a Masonic Lodge that is in code

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This book appears to be a guide for the ceremonies of freemasonry. Inside the front cover, it says to be returned to the lodge incase of loss or the death of the person it was loaned to. I've been able to translate some of the book, It is very interesting, but it was accompanied by another book that says almost the same things, but not in code. I am not a mason, but am very intrigued by this find and will return the book to the Lodge from which it was issued.
Can someone explain what I've found?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
do you have any pics of the code that is used? any evidence at all??

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Another code thread, really?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Reply to post by reverandrandy

mind mentioning the title, and give a more detailed explanation of what you consider to be the code?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy
This book appears to be a guide for the ceremonies of freemasonry. Inside the front cover, it says to be returned to the lodge incase of loss or the death of the person it was loaned to. I've been able to translate some of the book, It is very interesting, but it was accompanied by another book that says almost the same things, but not in code. I am not a mason, but am very intrigued by this find and will return the book to the Lodge from which it was issued.
Can someone explain what I've found?

You have found a cypher. The accompanying book does not contain the same information, it is simply an overview.

Where did you find it?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Let me guess, they are small blue hardcover books.

The code is all 1-2 letters with some capitalized and some underlined.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Take a photo of the book, the inside, the outside, and the other book and post them here.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Or simply return them to the lodge that they belong to.

I am sure you will find that the members are very appreciative for that show of respect.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Seriously, the book starts out. "In all degrees, salutes should be given, officers rise, or the W. M. uncover, only where specifically directed" The rest is in a code where the vowels of most words are missing, and it appears to be a guide to ceremonies.

Example of the code...WM- B b clo. O tk y s.
WM- B SW, p t s y tt a p a EA

OK, WM means worshipful master, SW, means senior warden, EA means entered apprentice. "tk y s, means "take your seats". And the B b clo. I think means "brothers be(come) clothed"

The book is a blue color and the size of a pocket bible. I'm able to translate some of it because the there is a section about visitors to the lodge that is in code, and written out.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

You have some of it right, other parts not correct (ie. brothers become clothed... trust me, no one wants to see us naked!)

I would just return the books. If you are really interested, when you return it, ask one of the brothers about membership.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

yes it is exactly that. Only one small section that is loose, contains the same info, allowing to decifer some of the letters and combos of letters. I found it in a box in my attic, formerly belonging to a prominent judge.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Cummon dog, give us something to work with. Right now you're just blowing smoke my man.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well, since you are living in NE Indiana, there is a very active Grand Lodge there in Fort Wayne. I would get the book back to them there... that or your local lodge.

Being that the language varies slightly from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, the context of them being dressed maakes sense. Note, at no time are they naked though... that would just be creepy.

I would suggest getting the books back to them. Frankly, putting the cypher out here on ats is just more than a little disrespectful. You would be best served either keeping the books for yourself as a curiousity or returning them to the lodge (as you stated was requested if found).

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That is my plan, I will return it and inquire about membership. Very cool book, and the accompanying readable books have really got my attention.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
you need to show pictures of this book i find it hard to believe you have it.. i know that most people would show the book cover 2 cover if they actually had one and needed help ... show some proof

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I have to agree with returning it.

I am not a Mason or a member of any organization.

Human decency would tell me to return it.

Anything posted here would be out of context.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by reverandrandy

Feel free to send me a private message and I can get you in contact with the lodge in your area if needed.

The answers to all of the questions that you have will be found there.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

That is my plan, I will return it and inquire about membership. Very cool book, and the accompanying readable books have really got my attention.

Dude, ATS is much different from Facebook or Twitter.
If you found Masonic books, good for you, Twitter about it, we don’t care.
But if you come here on ATS and boast about it without posting photos… well… that’s just no fun for anybody.

Personally I have never seen any of these books, so I’m hoping you catch my drift. Photos or it didn’t happen.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
By saying "become clothed" I assumed they meant ceremonial apron, not all their clothing.
I have the lodge # and the location.
Everything I've read so far seems extremely benign given all the misinfo regarding the Masons in general.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
I have to agree with returning it.

I am not a Mason or a member of any organization.

Human decency would tell me to return it.

Anything posted here would be out of context.

Yes, I’m sure they will really appreciate it. It’s not like we’re into that kind of thing round here. “Leave the Freemasons be, they’re doing a great job!”

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join