It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to release bin Laden home videos, propaganda tapes, officials say

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hoax: White House Claims 4-Year-Old Bin Laden Tapes Are New Footage:

www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You know, they should have delayed reporting his death and just investigate all the materials seized and utilize that to shut down Al Qaeda's cells and operations. At least make a big hit on it. Now its mostly useless probably since the terrorists would just change locations and aliases.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

Thanks. This must have just come out...I checked there when I posted the other links.

MSNBC ran the video under the headline New Video Shows Bin Laden In Gold Robe. However, these tapes are almost identical to footage first released by the Pentagon front group SITE in September 2007. In that footage, Bin Laden also appears with a dyed beard and is wearing exactly the same clothes. The only thing that differs is the color of the background, but in other tapes the background is the same brown color as the 2007 tape. As computer expert Neal Krawetz’s analysis revealed, fake backgrounds are often used on purported “Al-Qaeda” tapes, where a blue screen is used to superimpose the figure of the speaker over a pre-selected backdrop.

Very interesting. The whole article is...

edit on 5/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Blooper videos?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It's pretty easy for me to see the old man watching TV is not Bin Laden ... Why ? I have a bad habit of squeezing peoples earlobes, i guess i'm a bit neurotic. But the old dudes earlobes are flat, skinny and unattractive whereas Bin Ladens ears were small, fat and attractive. I know it sounds weird but trust me, that is not the same earlobes. Not the same shape at all either. The more they try to prove it, the more i disbelieve it.

The practice speeches are surely Bin Laden though but they could've gotten those from anywhere. I wanna see old Bin Laden face on the camera.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Mallik because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

That's what Wired called them

There's some additional information about the videos in this Stars and Stripes report about the same press briefing in which they covered the release of the videos. The briefing covered much more, such as what they're doing with the recovered materials and the DNA analysis. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mallik

It's small details like this that trip things up for them, eh? Did you check the article on Infowars for the pictures? Are those the ones you mean?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mallik
It's pretty easy for me to see the old man is not Bin Laden ... Why ? I have a bad habit of squeezing peoples earlobes, i guess i'm a bit neurotic. But the old dudes earlobes are flat, skinny and unattractive whereas Bin Ladens ears were small, fat and attractive. I know it sounds weird but trust me, that is not the same earlobes. Not the same shape at all either.

You know what? That very well may be the most thought-provoking statement I have read in a long time. I am actually speechless about it though.

I cannot see any way to even begin to dispute this claim, so I am going to take your word for it.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

The White House must think people were born just yesterday......and forget the images that crossed our TVs years ago.....I recognised on of them immediately. How on earth can people believe this crap?

Why is'nt Obama being impeached?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Story as covered by NPR www.npr.org... (without video)

Video from ITN...doesn't appear to be much new but in case they show something not anywhere else. All the reports appear to be excerpting slightly different segments?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

This one was on UK sky news.
Note the old style CRT monitor/TV screen in the video where he has NOT dyed his beard.(after they said he did on Sky)
You see it?
Now look at the images we see in the film of the TV.
Zero flicker...not possible when filming a low refresh screen.
Or did OBL have some high refresh 100+Hz screen which looked like a crappy CRT?

I reckon the video was shopped IMO.

Pakistan is on the PAL TV standard (625 lines @ 25 fps) and TV's operate @ 50Hz cycle AC current. To eliminate "flicker" or rolling scan bars you'd simply need to adjust camera shutter to 1/100th or reduce frame rate to less than 25fps, problem solved. The video DOES NOT look "tracked" or "rotoscoped" to my trained eye as a 30 year video industry veteran. Just my .02¢ of course.
edit on 7-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Do you really think, though, that people filming in a seemingly informal home setting would have been concerned with what was showing on the TV in the background?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

You know, they should have delayed reporting his death and just investigate all the materials seized and utilize that to shut down Al Qaeda's cells and operations. At least make a big hit on it. Now its mostly useless probably since the terrorists would just change locations and aliases.

I had the same thoughts, but they did leave behind surviving eye witnesses, and pakistan scrambled jets that night. better to come out and take control of the narrative rathe than have to explain yourself later

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
showing home videos? im sure that wouldnt have the same recourse as a photo, which would incite retaliation, instead of the death itself..... (as a ny'r) would we have gone to war over 9/11 without mass media coverage of the falling towers?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Is it part of the "official story" that they scrambled jets? Do we have the source of this?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Interesting. Bin Laden was left handed but he's holding the remote and changing the channels with his right hand.....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
To most people who catch the news between waiting for their favourite programs this looks like they caught OBL who just happens to sit around watching his past atrocity’s. After that people think ooohh that was him glad he was killed and then settle down to watch other TV dribble. Shame but this works on most of the populace.

My take on this is if indeed he was really alive then the ISI was being paid off as he was a wealthy man. Or alternatively there was a agreement with the Americans that he be kept alive to keep promoting the war on terror,
It could have been that Wikileaks/Whistleblower was about to expose this whole cover-up so OBL had to be killed.
I just cannot fathom how he lived so long in a city close to the authorities and not in the caves they said he was in.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 13star

Oh wow. Nice catch!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oops...wrong thread.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
That just looks like a bum watching TV....

Man, that's the worste video ever, can't they release anything that doesn't look like our intelligence agency is ran by 10 year olds coming up eith evidence they didn't steal from the cookie jar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join