It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to release bin Laden home videos, propaganda tapes, officials say

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

US to release bin Laden home videos, propaganda tapes, officials say

www.msnbc.msn.com

Americans are expected to get a glimpse of Osama bin Laden's daily life with the disclosure of home videos that show him strolling around his secret compound, along with propaganda tapes that have never been made public.

The footage shot at the terror leader's hideout in Abbottabad, Pakistan, and the propaganda tapes are expected to be released to the news media Saturday, U.S. officials said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.newser.com
AP Release

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Revealed: CIA agents lived next door to Osama bin Laden
edit on 5/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This story also says that bin Laden "may have lived in Pakistan for over 7 years." This seems to go along with the story that the compound was built in 2005.

Some of these tapes are presumably footage collected by the CIA when they "lived next door."

In addition, it's rumored that some of them are "home made" propaganda tapes. "Sources tell the AP that the information recovered suggests that bin Laden took a much more active role in al-Qaeda operations over the last decade than previously thought."

Not sure whether or not this will include the tape they're referring to as "his last message."

Look for this later today. No telling if this will cement or poke more holes in the official story. So no physical evidence of his death, but we have these home movies,,,,

www.msnbc.msn.com
edit on 5/7/2011 by ~Lucidity because: to add ABC quote

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Look for this later today. No telling if this will cement or poke more holes in the official story.

www.msnbc.msn.com

I really truly believe that they are now just releasing as much info as they can to try and salvage this mess. Unfortunately for the truth seekers out there if you you put enough band aids on the bullet wound you forget what the wound looks like.

Trowa
edit on 7/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
They're fake!

Sorry...

Seriously, if they release these videos and we can tell that he was in the compound, then that will cement my belief in the story that OBL was indeed killed last week. I already 'pretty much' believe that he was killed in this raid, but I could use some more evidence to solidify it.

Thanks for posting. I look forward to seeing this.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Wow, I can see dribs and drabs being released via drip feed until the next election.
They are going to get as much mileage out of this as they can. Probably why they chose the time when they did.

It's going to be interesting to see these home videos and AlCiaduh propoganda tapes all the same .

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
SO by not releasing his death pictures so as to not incite more violence, they're going to release his home and propaganda videos of this martyr instead? What are they hoping to accomplish here? His propaganda videos are still going to carry the same message to hardliners as before, and anyone loyal to him will eat this up.

Seems bass ackwards to me...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TrowaBarton

That's probably part of the reason. Seems they're also releasing them to show everything they've found in the raid. also to justify the raid. We've already seen the "results" of some of what was found on the computers and peripherals. So this would be more of the "treasure trove" recovered from the compound.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ha. It's never going to end, is it?

An interesting side story I ran across while looking at news reports related to this article was that Pakistani officials are debating what to do with the compound. Sounds to me as if it's going to be destroyed.

What's in store for bin Laden's hideout?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

There are only so many layers of crap that can be stacked in one place. Eventually this huge pile of crap is going to come tumbling down. Lie after lie, coverup after coverup. They are really going all out with this psy-op. I personally think that any story that tries and support the whitehouse account of the official story belong in the hoax bin. This whole thing has so many holes in it I don't even know where to begin.

I mean really, how gullible is the American public?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Holes and apparent holes and probably holes we haven't even uncovered yet.

Frankly, it's been such a jumbled mess, that I'm thinking most of us are in a place where we're still sorting through what is the "official story" and what's been commentary, embellishment misinterpretation, and so on. What came down as official versus what the media made of it versus what we as individuals heard at a given moment that may or may not have been updated or corrected or flat out misread or misheard is going to take a while. That's why it's so critical to at least document the reports and sources so that we can keep track of the time line and who said what when. I don't thing the dust has settled enough for us to be able to tell.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

For sure. Seems like it might even be helping spread his message. But I'm sure we're not going to see everything.

One thing that I've noticed has been the evolution of the tall man walking the compound story.

1. The first I heard of it was here, in a CBS Evening News Online on May 3 showing an animation of a tall man walking the compound outside, as if for exercise, .It's at 1:40 of this story if the link works...www.cbsnews.com... (If the link doesn't work, let me know).

2. Then they release the story about the CIA living next door and naming this man "Pacer." (Thread here.)

3. Now we may get to see video of him walking? (Speculation at this point.)

Interesting timing and followup, but as far as I can tell so far, no deviation from the "official story."

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think this piece of information is critical. The video of him walking around the compound, I mean. That will prove that he was alive after 2005, when the compound was built. And after most of the accounts that claim he was already dead (in 2001 and 2002).

After all, does it REALLY matter:

if he used his wife as a human shield?
if he was armed or not?
if his daughter was there or not?
if he was buried at sea or not?
if he was killed immediately or captured and then killed?

Why does it matter? I know people want to know all the gory details but they do not matter to the MEAT of the issue, which is that the US military killed OBL on May 1... THAT'S all I need to know.

It's like with Obama's birth certificate. The MEAT of the conspiracy is that he wasn't a natural-born US citizen. That's all I need to know.

Did it really matter:

if his father's race was listed as African?
what the name of the Dr. was?
if his religion was listed as Muslim?
who his father was?
what the name of the hospital was?

None of those things have an effect on whether or not he was a natural-born US citizen. People just think they're entitled to know about these personal details.

And if you say, "We need to know these details to prove that the govt is lying to us"... Let me just tell you. THEY ARE. The government has not been completely truthful to the public for many, many years, if ever. We don't need new proof of that. We already know that.

So, why do the details matter?

edit on 5/7/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Points taken.

The thing is, in the CIA story about Pacer (walking man), they said they coiuld not establish with certainty that it was him. And so they left after a given amount of time. I believe that's where the 60%-80% certainty comes from. Even to the point of the start of the raid it's in question whether the certainty went about that.

So. if they aren't sure, why would the release the video (if in fact this is one of them they are referring to here)? Are they truly convincing? Will they convince enough people? To get us to help tell if it's really him? Kidding. Sort of.

And just a nit, to avoid the May Day thingy, but I think by the official story the raid started at 1:30 a.m. local time on Monday, May 2, 2011.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I can see the WH wanting to release something that can prove they were there, but I'm not sure if this is wise. if they just show him walking around more or less doing nothing, than even though that wouldn't prove his death per se, the corroboration between the surviving eye witnesses, the seals, AQ and the taliban have already more or less done that

I just hope they have very carefully examined these messages, there could easily be a coded message in them, and his followers will be inspired by any crumb of information from him

I'd release maybe one still frame, and that's it

this is very risky to me

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
So. if they aren't sure, why would the release the video

Well, it won't convince people who don't want to believe it and I don't think that's what they're trying to do. I think this administration is QUITE finished trying to convince conspiracy theorists not to believe in wild conspiracies. At least I hope so.
My guess is that they would release it just so people could see inside the compound. We're curious and I don't see how it would hurt. Of course, some people are already crying fake and trying to figure out how they can 'prove' the video is fake.

If they weren't sure at the time that it was Bin Laden, they're sure now.
Hindsight is 20/20. They can look back now and say that it WAS Bin Laden, because they killed the Pacer and his DNA matched OBL's.

Sorry about the date thing. I never really know what day it is. I've been caught having to ask what MONTH it is when writing a check. It's just not something I keep up with.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

well if they do it will certainly quiet the critics I hope they do OBL can RIP and the rest of us can focus on more important things.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore
What are they hoping to accomplish here?

Simple, establish he lived there.

By seeing everyday, mundane footage of his daily life, it serves to erase the highly polished limited footage we've all grown accustomed to. (Shooting AK-47,often seen in position of authority etc with big grin.) It knocks him from his "throne" to the common man he was, warts and all.

It makes PERFECT sense to me. I "get" it.

Thanks Lucidity for sharing the info without the drama and usual partisan slant. Refreshing.

edit on 7-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
This would cause the same aftermath as 'Death Images'.. if any "aftermath" were to be caused..

I'll echo above.. if the CIA wasn't sure the 'Pacer' was Bin Laden.. how will these motion pictures prove otherwise? just because they reportedly 'Killed' him and his DNA reportedly matched... so now we must put 1 and 1 together?

it's quite rubbish

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

They only propaganda tapes being released are the ones released by USA Inc.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

We all know if there was footage of him walking that proved it to be him, it would be all over the news by now. If there was a picture of him dead, we would have seen it by now. We can go on forever and argue over the "details" but at this point it is obvious that all the details are a fabrication meant to distract us. It looks like they succeeded in tricking a lot of people into believing that he was actually in that compound.

At this point both sides of the arguement can only speculate, but the available evidence so far certainly points to this whole Osama assassination being a complete hoax. Nothing the whitehouse has claimed in this publicity stunt has been proven yet.

The question most people are asking is why Obama and friends would make such a poor attempt at faking this whole fiasco. Did they really think we would fall for it?
edit on 7-5-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join