It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you actually do something if given the chance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I realize I am fairly new here, but I sure have noticed one thing that is pretty prevalent in many threads. The why.
Why aren't people told about this, why isn't the media covering this, why isn't anyone doing anything about this.
So I ask you, do you do anything about this?
I wonder, on a site this popular why something such as an email campaign is not launched by its members? If someone, like a mod or someone that can get the point and information across in a well written manner, wrote an email on a particular subject, then posted the letter and had members copy and send it to news agencies and such, maybe someone in said media might actually pay attention. Heck, even if it worked 1 time, wouldn't it be worth it?
And before anyone asks, yes, when I am upset with something I read, I do send an email. To media, to my congressman and sometimes my family helps, but that is only a few, where ATS is many.

Just a thought. (Maybe you are doing it and I am just not in the loop
)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I only tell the people I trust, because i know alot of other people wont believe or dont care.

I think as long as you keep your loved ones in touch thats good enough. because either way it works you know how it goes, you tell one friend your friend tells another and that friend tells another friend and so and so on the message will go by. Then the friend of the friend will go on ATS and tell there friends about ATS and so on.

So the ones that dont care about going ATS dont care about conspiracies and news so there is no point on trying to convince them, let them find the truth
edit on 6-5-2011 by HisMajesty because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Activism is against Terms & Conditions on ATS. We can't 'drum up' support for someone's favorite cause here, just discuss it. This issue comes up now and again on ATS.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

Ego I think is the first reason.
People do not want to think that someone would see something so easily and they totally missed it.
So,...they supress it.
Other people like my wife know what is out there but choose to "Bury their head in the sand" and hope for the best.
You could say those of us who know or suspect or are vigilant are the watchdogs, or sheepdogs.
Hope it helps.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Well, I can say that I probably don't do as much as I possibly could, but let me tell what I do...

... I write a newsletter of sorts that I call Mikey Bones' Conspiracy Hour. It all started at my job where I met someone who was questioning things a bit and was interested in the theories I would offer him. Then others in the neighboring cubicles started expressing an interest too. So I started sending an email to 3 different people to inform them of the theories on the NWO, FEMA camps, chemtrails and such (always admitting that they are not truths, just theories. and always asking them to think for themselves and not follow everything I say). I then started sharing it with my friends as well, and as my audience increased, so did the quality of my writings with better topics such as the oil spill, wikileaks, the dying animals and such. I tried to link them here once but got them removed due to promoting my own personal site. And I think that because of it, I have exercised dozens of minds to start thinking a little outside of the realm that they are used to. Now, when something drastic in the world happens, I have them asking me for the other side of the story so they can make an educated decision on their own. Amazingly, some of them now even express their own opinions (as opposed to just repeating my own)

It's not much, but it's all I can think of doing. Until it's time to do something else...

I'm not sure if that was what you were getting at or not, but that's my two cents...
edit on 6-5-2011 by MikeyBones because: stuff and things

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeyBones

Thats actually a really good idea!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I did wonder about that, that's why I thought maybe a moderator, or even Mr. Overlord himself.
And even though some will some it's biased, I was thinking more along the lines of factual information, like when a high ranking official came forward and it wasn't reported, or laws that take away rights that get buried as oppose to the biggies, like Osama and such.

OH Well, I'll just keep on trucking myself

And hoping others are doing the same!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think this is the passage in anotherwise very long legal document. Not sure if its quite what you were asking, but it's worth considering anyway.

Cheers.

"15e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership in the Websites for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not Post, use the chat feature, use videos, or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind. "

join