It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

got water? where does yours come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
do you drink your tap water?
where does the pipe go?
municipal source?
would you lose it if your power went out?
me, i'm quite paranoid about my water.
when i'm home i just drink straight from my upper spring.
otherwise it's filtered.
most well water around here is far to 'hard' to drink.
i use those 'glacier' machines if needed. quarter a gallon.
that particular company does use a good filtration.
i own a great filter and even use that for tap water i don't know.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
odd, this was going through my mind a a few hours ago. i just received a berkey filter yesterday and was thinking if it came down to it i could collect rain water.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

hope your not in hong kong.
i'd be fearful of the rain water.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have a well, a creek, a pond and a Berkey water filter. Between the three sources and the filter, I shouldn't have to worry about potable water.

Your question is a good one since without water, all the guns, gold, silver and food you own will end up being owned by the guy with water once you're gone.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
when i drink water its tap through a filter same with the icemaker in the regfrigerator that is also filtered.

do not drink rain water without proper filtration

do not drink well water without proper filtration

do not drink any standing water thats sat there for a while without filtration.

bottled water from your own well water that has been filtered

anyway thats my 2 cents.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
What is a good way to filter swimming pool water?

We live in Florida and have a pool. It will be good for flushing toilets and even bathing - but could you filter it enough to drink?

Just a thought that occured to me the other day.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
my water comes from a desalination plant about 50kms away, when power goes off i still have water.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

from what i read you can put chlorinated pool water through a burkey and it should remove the chlorine, virsus and bacteria. same goes for rain water.
edit on 8-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Anyone here heard of or used the "zero" water filtration system. I have been doing a little research into it, but would like someone with first hand experience to share opinion. They seem a little pricey, but they also seem to be amazing. Is the cost worth the difference.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Wetpaint72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I live in Southern Ohio, right over an old coal mine. The tap water tastes bad, the city i live in ran out of funds for the chemicals to treat waste water, and I think some of it is filtering back into our tap water. About three miles from here is a natural spring, with the sweetest water I have ever drank here in Ohio. We fill old milk jugs, and use it for drinking, cooking, and coffee.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I live in a desert, so water is a little hard to come by.. Now "IF" SDHTF, it would be hard to supply a group of 10-15 with enough water to properly sustain them, let alone your self.. I think if something were to happen, I'd head to the hills (70+ miles) and park our happy as%es next to a river...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
we have a 5000 litre tank which we water the vegetables and drinking water...i run it through a filter system first.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
reply to post by mappam

from what i read you can put chlorinated pool water through a burkey and it should remove the chlorine, virsus and bacteria. same goes for rain water.
edit on 8-5-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

Sorry - what is a burkey?

Would one of the advertised products - the "pitcher with a filter" you see on TV work? I think one is called Zero Water??

If the SHTF I know we have water to flush toilets and even bath in (until the clorine and filtration systems fails) but drinkable water is something I never really thought about - until this post.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Anyone got any links to finding natural springs here in the UK please, a google search didnt really help much although i'll keep searching and if i find anything i'll report back. thanks in advance, cheerz chaz

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

not sure about the uk, but here in the western u.s. all one need to do is obtain 'quadrant maps' for your particular area.
many springs are marked, and further investigation of the areas many times lead to others.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

Sorry - what is a burkey?

a particular brand of filter advertised on infowars and other conspiracy sites.
it is a good filter, but there are also better ones.
the pitcher filters usually are only a 'fair' in rating.
always depends on how bad the water is that you are running through the filter.
i have the one, 'swiss army', which is about as good as they get, and i also have others, including a decent 'pur'
back pack pump filter.
great for springs and clear creeks.
if you begin with good clear water filters can last a long time.
if your pumping muddy and/or stagnant water they clog much quicker.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mappam

burkey filters are just a filtration unit, cant really put it in the fridge. the filters last 4000-6000 gallons and considered purifiers, and somewhat portable since you can slide the top part into the bottom and halve the size. iv seen videos on youtube of people using food grade buckets and only buying the filters to make it cheaper. if you type it into the search function on ats you should pull up more info, its mentioned here now and then.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I live in Southern Ohio, right over an old coal mine. The tap water tastes bad, the city i live in ran out of funds for the chemicals to treat waste water, and I think some of it is filtering back into our tap water. About three miles from here is a natural spring, with the sweetest water I have ever drank here in Ohio. We fill old milk jugs, and use it for drinking, cooking, and coffee.

Milk jugs and old liter soda bottles have too many germs in them. Used bleach bottles are the best for water storage. The trace amounts of bleach kill germs that would be in the plastic. I would boil any water you get from a spring too. So many diseases come from dirty water.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

i disagree. it's actually worth looking into the different grades of plastic.
i only use glass, or the #7 poly carbonate jugs.
on the bottom of plastic bottles is the 'recycle code.'
it's a number inside a triangle of arrows.
clear soda bottles are a 1.
milk jugs, bleach bottles, etc..are a 2.
i gotta' run for a few, but i'll put up some info when i return.

edit on 9-5-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the info.

I don't think I need anything fancy or expensive for pool water - but I could be very wrong.

Another thing is De-Salienation (sp? removal of salt). If you live near the sea/ocean then you DO have a source of water.

Steam. Create a cover over the boiling water and drip the moisture that forms into a container. This can also be used for "dirty" water as well.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join