It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush declines obamas invitation to ground zero.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by Shar

What is worse…

Alabama got approved for assistance the day after they asked.

What?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
That can also be true,maybe it was a respectful gesture towards obama,the man has his reasons i guess.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Since it's Bush, the media is tearing him apart over it. I'm not a Bush supporter but Clinton is also not attending, I guess he has another intern er I mean something more important to be doing than being there with Obama...

Obama has also invited former president Bill Clinton, but he will likely not be able to attend because of scheduling conflicts.

Link
edit on 5/4/2011 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
It's because he knows when to stay out, unlike Carter and Clinton. The current President is the one who answers to the people. He has always said he would'nt comment on how Obama is doing. At least give him credit for that. Not a popular opinion I know but it is mine.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Perry sought additional federal assistance through a Major Disaster Declaration which must be approved by the president. But, while the request was being reviewed, the state wasn't exactly left in the lurch. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) approved 25 fire management assistance grants in April, specifically designed to support firefighting efforts. They cover 75 percent of the state's emergency response work for each fire, according to FEMA spokeswoman Rachel Racusen who objected to Perry's claims of neglect in a statement Wednesday. "This administration, through FEMA, has been working closely with the state throughout the duration of these fires, and we are supporting the firefighting efforts," she said. "Based on the information the state provided to FEMA through this process, it was determined that there was not a need for additional support at this time as the federal assistance is already being provided to Texas for response activities in the form of the Fire Management Assistance Grants." By federal law, requests for disaster declarations are reviewed based on whether needs of the state are beyond what state and local governments can handle. But Perry insists a disaster declaration is imperative to his state's ability to battle wildfires. And according to FEMA, it is not.
source

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I think it's also because Mr. Bush knows it's going to be totally politicized. From what I heard, only "select" 9/11 victim families were invited, not ALL 9/11 victim families.

As 50 carefully selected families prepare to join President Barack Obama for a ceremony at the World Trade Center site Thursday, one of the invited 9/11 families have decided to pass on the Commander-in-chief's visit.

Link

Why wouldn't they want all of them? I mean there were what at least 3,000 people who died, don't they ALL deserve the same level of respect and dignity, not just some "carefully selected" ones.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Let's see...a nationally televised and publicized event in NY at ground zero. Everyone is looking for some retaliatory event from the Jihadists.

W Bush's father was/is in the CIA...maybe he called W and said "Son, don't go to NY to this ground zero thing...understand?"

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

yeah im not sure what is up with this or whats wrong, makes no since....did obama just deny Texas for instance because it's ex presidents Bush home state, idk...weird, right?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
A CONTRAST OF TWO PRESIDENTS IN PHOTOS:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/08fb0257895d.jpg[/atsimg]
Shouting: "And the people who brought these buildings down will hear from all of us soon."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7cb6f08f7edf.jpg[/atsimg]
Calmly: "Can you hear me now?" (OK, I fabricated that caption.)

Bush was quick with the bravado (with us or with the terrorists, bring them on etc...)....all hat, no cattle. Tomorrow President Obama can proudly declare 8 years after Bush did: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

I see NO REASON why Bush can't attend unless he's just too busy spending time with his family values.

edit on 4-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JMech

I also feel that President Bush is staying in the background and not commenting on Obama's presidency. I certainly respect him for that. One of the worst of the ex presidents who I despise is Carter . The man acts as though he was a good president, when in fact I remember the Carter administration and the economic problems he exacerbated. He was a terrible president.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Maybe because Republican Ex- Presidents kinda stay out of the lime light, as for Democratic Ex- Presidents, they never go away. they never, never, never go away. We still have to hear about Jimmy Carter almost daily... and he sucked balls, which make the shear mention of his name more annoying. Maybe George Bush doesn't want to be on Obama's publicity tour.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
Maybe because Republican Ex- Presidents kinda stay out of the lime light...

ROFLMAO

Ronald Reagan was excoriated for taking $2 million for two speeches in Japan...

SOURCE

Reagan reached new low in post presidential decorum.

Yeah out of limelight unless it pays the big bucks. Puleeze.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennKen2009
Since it's Bush, the media is tearing him apart over it. I'm not a Bush supporter but Clinton is also not attending, I guess he has another intern er I mean something more important to be doing than being there with Obama...

Obama has also invited former president Bill Clinton, but he will likely not be able to attend because of scheduling conflicts.

Link
edit on 5/4/2011 by PennKen2009 because: (no reason given)

Hmm interesting , now we know why the OP didnt post the link......it didnt jive with his thread title......

Nice spin man........

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

I don't understand why a man who seemed to make it his mission to hunt down Bin Laden would deny this...

You are probably right. A man 'who seemed to make it his mission to hunt down Bin Laden' probably wouldn't.

But a man who gave up looking for bin Laden probably would, especially when his 'I give up' speech was 8 years to the day before ObL was finally cornered.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
bush knows 2 birds with one stone scenario is a real possibility

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
At least we know that if something goes down at ground zero while obama is there bush will still be ok...lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

George Bush's decision to decline Obama's invitation is probably the best thing Bush has done yet. Obama has his own show and when it goes down, the Bush family aint going down with it.

Clever move George W. Bush!!!

Now when's Jeb running for Presidency?
edit on 5-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by kinda kurious

George Bush's decision to decline Obama's invitation is probably the best thing Bush has done yet. Obama has his own show and when it goes down, the Bush family aint going down with it.

Clever move George W. Bush!!!

Now when's Jeb running for Presidency?
edit on 5-5-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

LOL. You really should audition for stand up. Too funny.

GW has FOREVER tarnished the name Bush in politics especially the Whitehouse. As a Floridian, there were a few things I liked about Jeb as Governor however his lame brained brother has dashed any hopes he has for continuing his political future. He ain't even on the radar for Presidential run.

Hint: He's pro immigration.

JEB BUSH: IMMIGRATION REFORM COULD POWER AN ECONOMIC RECOVERY

www.fa-mag.com...

Jeb Bush speaks out against Arizona immigration law

www.tampabay.com...

Jeb Bush Leads Fight for Immigration Reform

www.usnews.com...

edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Tomorrow President Obama can proudly declare 8 years after Bush did: "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

And with the way this whole OBL issue is being mis-managed by the obama administration, I boldly predict that obama will one day soon end up feeling any kind of mission accomplished statement was quite premature.

The mis-management is why I think Bush and Clinton decided to stay away, not wanting to be associated with the ugly aftermath.

Don't understand my claim of mis-management? Let's start with the question of which administration version of the events do you like the best?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
And with the way this whole OBL issue is being mis-managed by the obama administration, I boldly predict that obama will one day soon end up feeling any kind of mission accomplished statement was quite premature.

Mismanagement?????? I realize the Obama bashers are choking on their own vomit right now wich might cloud their thinking but the tactical mission was a HUGE success. As long as OBL is playing Twister with Sponge Bob, Obama can send Me a belated Birthday Card while mopping up trivial details.

As I've said before if the post OBL hit was delivered in a nrat wrapped PR kit with a bow you serial Obama stalkers would have been equally harsh. The man just can't win.

Funny how since this cou de gras silences the oft unfounded charge tha tDemocrats are weak on National security the patriotic parasites show up with utterly absurd comments as above.

Obama achieved what Bush promised yet failed to do........period.
edit on 5-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join