It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Terror Arrests Near Sellafield Nuclear Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Five Terror Arrests Near Sellafield Nuclear Plant

beta.uk.news.yahoo.com

Police have arrested five men under anti-terrorism legislation close to a nuclear plant, but said the case appeared to be unconnected to the death of Al-Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
'Nuclear hellstorm' if bin Laden caught: 9/11 mastermind

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Apologies if already posted.

Just got in and found this.

Thought it may be relevant given that I know there have been threads about a possible nuclear attack in Europe which could take place in the wake of Bin Laden's death.

They say not linked to any Al Queda reprisals, but then again would they tell us if it were ?

If nothing else, it certainly makes me feel a little safer to know the police are on top of their game.

MODS please move or close, if this has already been posted or irrelevant

beta.uk.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
From source:

"Police officers from the Civil Nuclear Constabulary conducted a stop check on a vehicle close to the Sellafield site in West Cumbria," said the statement from Cumbria Police.
"As a result, police officers from Cumbria Constabulary arrested five men from London, all aged in their 20s, under section 41 of the Terrorism Act."
Section 41 gives an officer the right to arrest without a warrant anyone "whom he reasonably suspects to be a terrorist."
A police source said the men appeared to be "acting suspiciously near the perimeter of Sellafield" but refused to disclose further details.

Wonder if they really were being suspicious, or just charged with being "arab in public".

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

This is just to keep you on your panic state about "nuclear" weapons.

Nothing more.

That could backfire, if something does happen, the world would demand all nuclear weapons are destroyed. Wouldn't they?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amcdermott20

Interesting point

Perhaps also the threat of a nuclear attack is with some warrant, and not wild speculation, although I doubt they would be so ovbious as to be hanging round the perimeter, I'm sure they would have been deep in their cover working at the plant for several years by now

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Well I'd like to think they would make such an order

I haven't posted this through any fear, just thought it would be of some interest, given the thread which ran a few days age that I referenced.

And thought it interesting that despite publishing this news, they are also dissmissing any link to Al Queda in the same breath.

Who knows what these guys were doing maybe they were picking the daisies, and making daisy chains lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by moogins

Well I'd like to think they would make such an order

I haven't posted this through any fear, just thought it would be of some interest, given the thread which ran a few days age that I referenced.

And thought it interesting that despite publishing this news, they are also dissmissing any link to Al Queda in the same breath.

Who knows what these guys were doing maybe they were picking the daisies, and making daisy chains lol

Yeah makes sense, the day after the world panics about "nuclear hell" some group decide to have a picnic around a nuclear reactor which is protected by armed police and is in the middle of nowhere so they stick out like a sore thumb.

Makes sense, if the only purpose was to keep the public in fear.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

A police source said the men appeared to be "acting suspiciously near the perimeter of Sellafield" but refused to disclose further details.

They were probably photographers. We all know how police like to claim that photography is somehow a basis for suspicion.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Good catch OP!

And this is exactly why even though Bin Laden is dead - again - Still Dead - and Offically Dead -

We are no safer, and we will not be allowed to "feel safe"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by amcdermott20

Interesting point

Perhaps also the threat of a nuclear attack is with some warrant, and not wild speculation, although I doubt they would be so ovbious as to be hanging round the perimeter, I'm sure they would have been deep in their cover working at the plant for several years by now

Nope my bet is blown out of proportion, these were just kids or younger people up to something. Under the logic suggested then a couple of years under cover working at a nuke plant would put them back in high school sometime. And if these kind of jobs are open to teenagers then we are all in trouble!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

Yeah, I didn't mean those hanging round the perimeter being deep undercover , I am talking about if someone truely wanted to sabbotage a nuclear plant, then the long game would be prudent

You know there are some pretty smart kids out there lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Haha scary isn't it. Well I guess we better treat them good, as we get older they will be our future doctors and such. But I am beginning to wonder if they were just in the area of the plant snooping around with a rad detector due to all the problems with plants in Japan lately? Hell they might have just been ats members taking some readings lmao.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i live across the bay from sellafield and know many people working in nuclear
reprocessing, two weeks ago i got an email from a hushmail.com account
telling me to BUY WATER!!

this is scary sh*t i am now seriously worried about my families safety!

what ever the powers that be are upto, coverups, non diclosures etc
they would be better of telling us, for christs sake we are a society that
on a clear evening stares at the sky hoping to see something unexplained
i think we can handle it!!!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dementiaman

It is i live yorkshire if something where to happen,just cant think about it kids wife mother father inlaws.Deep s**t comes to mind considering we are on high alert (NORTH AMERICA-EUROPE) yeah i know the bogey man blah blah,think outside the box.But we have had many attacks now across the globe..!!!

edit on 3-5-2011 by gavlar1974 because: info

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
If you sneeze in the vicinity of a nuclear plant right now you're likely to be arrested. The world's gonna be on high alert for a few weeks. Panic arrests will be common.

(if it was a legit arrest, however, congrats and respect to the authorities)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh ffs I must be a psychic or something.

Police sources said the men may have been taking photographs and the arrests were not intelligence led.

Source

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Haha scary isn't it. Well I guess we better treat them good, as we get older they will be our future doctors and such. But I am beginning to wonder if they were just in the area of the plant snooping around with a rad detector due to all the problems with plants in Japan lately? Hell they might have just been ats members taking some readings lmao.

LMAO Yeah this is true, Ok fess up, who was it ??? lol

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nothing that says they were 'arab looking' in that article. Could be a spectrum of things from greenpeace, other activists, drug dealings (the area is pretty exposed), illegal cocklepicking, fly-tipping, urban explorers..the list goes on.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins

This is just to keep you on your panic state about "nuclear" weapons.

Nothing more.

That could backfire, if something does happen, the world would demand all nuclear weapons are destroyed. Wouldn't they?

Actually, that's a good point. Perhaps we should already start making a fuss - this news article being evidence once again that nuclear power is dangerous in more ways than one.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
not sure what to make of this myself

however there is a thread on here about how if osama died there would be a nuclear hellstorm released.

could be just coincidence maybe not

who really knows were the just innocent? cant take any chances with the rumor of bin laden being dead.
edit on 3-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join