It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden's Death Picture Readied for Release

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The reward for Bin Ladin's body just jumped to 1 million. It would not be that hard to find, IF IT EXISTED.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think in the end they will end up showing us a picture of some dude with a bloody head on the floor with his face and forehead decimated and the little white turbin thing all bloodied up and willie nillie. But there will be NO way of telling if its Bin laden or not. And the debate will rage on.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Looks like they changed their mind about releasing the photo. I'm so surprised by that news....

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Personally, I am more interested in seeing the video than the picture.
edit on 4-5-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
back to square one,just beleive the official story,nothing you can do about it.

SMR

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Way to go W.H.

Don't show America and others such a gruesome photo of the worlds most wanted man with a bullet in his head.
Instead, lets keep reeling out more documentaries of 9/11 showing fearful men and woman jumping to their death and burnt bodies at the Pentagon. Keep showing those video clips of the planes hitting the towers, over, and over, and over ...

What a bunch of sorry idiots
Do they even think, before they think ?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Why did the soldier have to shoot in the head, that means no validative photos, aka another huge conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Well, to be fair: (from CNN): the president noted that few credible people have questioned the death and that conspiracy theorists would not be satisfied with a photo, the official said.

And that's a very true statement. A photo makes no difference at all, you know it's true. It would be called fake in every which way. There is no point in releasing it.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Saddam
Saddam sons

news.bbc.co.uk...

trust me if the images they had of bin laden where either real or convincing they would have been released by now.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
Well, to be fair: (from CNN): the president noted that few credible people have questioned the death and that conspiracy theorists would not be satisfied with a photo, the official said.

And that's a very true statement. A photo makes no difference at all, you know it's true. It would be called fake in every which way. There is no point in releasing it.

I have to disagree, the only reason why the conspiracy theorist jumped on the last pic was because IT WAS FAKE, it was easily picked a part and even a doofus can see that one was fake, now our government can fake a picture so good that it would be impossible to find out, hell they can take a muslim man who looks like osama get the best make up artist around and bingo, instant dead osama, and no one would know the difference. It has nothing to do with the Conspiracy theorists. I wish people would back off of them, for crying out loud I noticed the MSM is really attacking them now.
edit on 4-5-2011 by hapablab because: my horrible typing

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Officials worry the bloody photos could inflame anti-American sentiment.

This statement is difficult to digest, I'm pretty sure the killing of innocent civilians by drone attacks and a decades worth of occupation inflames anti-american sentiment more than the release of these photos ever could.
So that statement is VERY difficult to accept as truthful.

In any case, I think the photos should be released
It's high time the Govt. shared information with the public

Apparently more information may be released soon
Thoughts?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is the kind of argument they always use. Imo it doesn't hold water at all. They say they killed him - murdered him, and plastered it all over the news. Don't they think that would trigger reprisals? Would issuing a photo really make that any worse? It's all BS.

They're hedging - why?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
reply to post by Retikx

Looks like they changed their mind about releasing the photo. I'm so surprised by that news....

Oh yeah, what a SURPRISE! And all to protect the American people - ROFL!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by iusalterum
Ok. Let's say for a moment I understand the worries behind releasing operational footage/pictures; maybe from the security point of view or just smply maybe the video/pics are to bloody to feed the public.

They say they were watching the compound since september/00 or something like that. What about other video/pics? The ones taken during the "investigation" - maybe showing courries/terrorists entering/exiting the compound? Or; I'll go a little further on this one - maybe OBL himeslf. alive, on the compound grounds catching a little sun outside. Right? They say they had positive ID before going in. I really would like to see the information where they based this positive ID. Yes, I understand that some of those video/pics maybe still classified because they might show in ex. the angle and distance from the compound - leading to the identification of the building where they were taken from (retaliation to the people living there), etc. but, I refuse to believe that all the investigation video/pics hold security concerns.

With the amount of blood and gore which is fed to the public via hollywood movies and TV programmes, I don't think the video could be any worse. It's just another excuse to hide their lies.
edit on 4-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Overtime
reply to post by Retikx

Yeah, because they never had it. Either that, or they are making sure that some Hollywood bigwig can create a photo that is ATS proof. They had better be damn near perfect.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by spurge
IDK, this whole things sounds more like they're saying " We're working on a video and pictures, but need to make it convincing so as not to pass off as a fake. "

I personally believe he's been dead for years and this is just a political stunt.

Exactly my impression too.

SMR

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Apparently LiveLeak has an image. I wont post here but you'll see the link to it on the right top section of main page.
Hasn't been confirmed as real or fake. Just went up.
They also have an image of a man who was gunned down in the battle.

EDIT ADD LINK

Here is a direct link - WARNING - SOMEWHAT GRAPHIC
www.liveleak.com...
edit on 5/4/2011 by SMR because: Added Link

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3d1fb5fd64bd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Now, according to CNN, many of the government officials who claimed to see the photos, are now saying they either saw the hoax photo circulating the internet, or didn't actually see the photo at all. The BS keeps rolling in on this story...

www.boston.com...
edit on 4-5-2011 by 27jd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They are testing people with fakes until they find one where people can't tell if it's fake or not!

Video would be better!If they have the video why not release it?

Reminds me of the pentagon videos!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
SOOOOO, they released photos of the other dead bodies in the raid, including Bin Laden's son...but somehow, it's in bad taste, and "not who we are" to release the photo of Bin Laden himself...YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP...

www.cbsnews.com...

Very graphic images in that link.

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join