It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osamas Death US celebration pictures: Opinion and Discussion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
my question would be,
how in the hell did they get all these
people to organize so fast?

within an hr of the news, there were
thousands at ground zero and thousands
at the WH

MOST with Obama posters seems like.
Coincidence ???

edit on 5/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

I agree that it is odd and leads to questions. Although another part of me is personally not surprised as there are many dumb, easily moved people that are waiting for any opportunity to celebrate or riot. As far as red white and blue face paint; I bet quite a few of them have leftovers from going to New England Patriot games.

IAgain, still think it's odd, but not inconceivable. I really don't get how some people think.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tephra
Most of those goofs don't even know what the date of the 9/11 event occured, sad but true.

I also find it extremely questionable, how so many individuals got formed, and they all just happened to have all these flags and red white and blue face paint, etc. All these things were acquired by the mob after a news item that occured after closing time of almost every store in the region. It's just incredibly odd.

You do realize that New York City is a true 24hour city, right?

I'd be shocked if one couldn't score an American flag and some face paint at any hour in that city...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
I presume that there were casualties, including crew deaths as the fourth helicopter was hit directly by a rocket propelled grenade.

in Obama's speech on MSNBC he claimed there
were no US casualties.

Thanks, didn't catch that part. How does a helicopter get hit with an RPG... and crash, without any kind of casualties?! Unless it was a Pakistani crew on that copter?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka

Thanks, didn't catch that part. How does a helicopter get hit with an RPG... and crash, without any kind of casualties?! Unless it was a Pakistani crew on that copter?

Maybe the pilot was simply really good at his job?

Hell, maybe it was pure luck. Who knows...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

LOL maybe they are mistakenly celebrating Obama's death!!!

2nd line

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

no doubt some patriotic citizen provided the face paint [which would be SO offensive to native americans, on so many accounts]

along with free beer.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

ok people now i'm sure we slipped into another reality... because how around the world this news is welcomed...i saw the news ont tv in a café, people have lost there mind, Minister of Defence here in france say thank you mister Oboma for liberating the world and finally justice is done ... did i miss something or what !!!! are all the man hide in the desert and in mountain are finish too?the war is over ? the world is safe now ? i tell you we slipped into another reality...
edit on 2-5-2011 by pitchdragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I was in 4th grade on 9/11. It had a huge impact on my life and the lives of everyone of my peers.

When Osama's death was first confirmed around 11:30 there was a huge celebration going on in the quad on my campus, and we are in the middle of Pennsylvania. I joined in, and it felt good. Finally some closure.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Yemeni activists urged street protesters on Monday not to raise banners of Osama bin Laden to avoid triggering a harsher crackdown on demonstrations seeking democratic change in the al Qaeda leader's ancestral homeland.

Would seem sound adv ice if they do not want to lose whatever Western support or sentiment they have at present after camping out for 3 months to protest for regime change!

I bet the Yemeni government is praying they do though so they can rip them to shreds with the backing of the west.

link to reuters story

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Bangalore, May 2 (IANS) As India’s tech hub with over 500 multinationals, including several American firms, Bangalore has been put on high alert following the killing of the world’s most wanted terrorist Osama bin Laden in Pakistan, police said Monday. ‘We have stepped up vigil across the city, especially at vital installations and beefed up security at airport, railway stations, bus stands and busy areas to maintain law and order in the wake of Osama’s death,’ Additional Commissioner of Police Sunil Kumar told IANS. Osama was shot dead in a night raid by US special forces in Abbottabad in Pakistan Sunday ending one of the world’s largest manhunts. Following a nationwide alert by the central government earlier in the day, picketing and patrolling has been intensified in the seven zones of the city and deputy superintendents of police (DSPs) have been alerted to observe any unusual movement of people and vehicles. ‘Of the 16,000 police force in the city, about 12,000 of them have been put on duty to ensure peace and prevent any untoward incident. No protest rallies or demonstrations will be allowed without our permission,’ Kumar said. The state government also directed the police to be on high alert and maintain law and order in cities and towns across the state. ‘We have directed the state police to take precautionary measures and maintain strict vigil to ensure no violent reaction takes place over Osama’s death,’ Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa told reporters after a review meeting with top police officials.

inewsone

So protests are something everybody seems to be aware of around the world. USA still seems to be the only place with street demonstrations in support of the killing.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17
I was in 4th grade on 9/11. It had a huge impact on my life and the lives of everyone of my peers.

When Osama's death was first confirmed around 11:30 there was a huge celebration going on in the quad on my campus, and we are in the middle of Pennsylvania. I joined in, and it felt good. Finally some closure.

I think that is a fascinating insight. Thank you for posting. It is interesting to hear your perspective. was 9/11 something you were further educated about at school or was it just the resonance of the events and pictures of the day itself? Was the emotional impact something dealt with more by family or school?

Thanks in advance if you choose to reply.

Edit to add: do you think there is a feeling the 'big bad wolf' has been vanquished amongst your peers?
edit on 2-5-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think the dancing and the celebration will have repercussions. I also am kinda baffled by them, since most people they show were young teenagers during 9/11. Also baffled by how quickly people were in place.

Dunno, my "this stinks" sense is going off.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I thought I was alone in this. The outpour of "Festivities" made me feel that society has truly gone into the toilet. I was just told I am a nonconformist, and scorned because I do not celebrate the death of ANYONE.

I thought too seeing everyone in the streets was the same that we saw on TV years ago from the Middle East. How did that make us feel.

The front page of the NY Daily News says, "ROT IN HELL" with you know who on the cover.

It is just sad to me that we send this message to our children.

A bad man was killed, should we hang him from a light pole and mutilate him?

I am getting the overwhelming feeling that this is what the majority of people think should be done.

It is a sad day for me to see society sink to these new lows.

I thought we were above this behavior, I guess I was wrong.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

9/11 had in impact on evreyone in the world and country like irak and afghnistan still felling the impact, how many are celebrating ?
In Nuremberg, the world saw the Nazi executioners. Justice, however imperfect, is better than revenge. Revenge is not a sign of civilization. I wish the victims see the diabolical hatred of bin Laden and his motivations and hear the witnesses of any kind and dismantle the confession.
I think the USA with Nuremberg were worthy, revenge does not satisfy me and the USA do not show their best face.
A trial of bin Laden's men, including Muslims would come to remove the evil thought, like Nuremberg disassembled thinking evil of Nazism exterminator.
There was a time for a long time over which wars are respected his opponents and his victims, including the most monstrous because, even before the monsters they have been and will stay fundamentally human beings.

people who slide on this are loosing there humanity and this not good.

today, humanistic values ​​are into touch. Cheers Barbary and rejoiced in the public square the death of a man! Manifestations of young in Washington, New York and elsewhere were indecent.

Make no mistake about it, I've never had any sympathy for any person who spread the hate and violence

This justifies that USA conducting a deliberate assassination of state? Does that justify it that they throw his body into the sea like a pile of rubbish? Moreover, this final humiliation is likely to turn against the Americans and their allies by increasing hatred of the fundamentalist Islamists against them. So at the very least a huge mistake.

the president of a free and great nation should show the exemple and tell to his peoples they must act with dignity but i think he had some advice from bush...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

I think that is a fascinating insight. Thank you for posting. It is interesting to hear your perspective. was 9/11 something you were further educated about at school or was it just the resonance of the events and pictures of the day itself? Was the emotional impact something dealt with more by family or school?

Thanks in advance if you choose to reply.

Edit to add: do you think there is a feeling the 'big bad wolf' has been vanquished amongst your peers?
edit on 2-5-2011 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

I remember we just wrapped up doing long division and another teacher burst into our room with tears in her eyes and told us to turn on the news. Right as my teacher did the second plane hit. After that school was cancelled for the week and we were sent home. It took me a bit to understand what was going on, then my mom got a call from my uncle, an FDNY volunteer, he was alright. My mother told us what was going on and my grandmother only said one thing "its Pearl Harbor again...". I can't remember the rest of the 4th grade but on the 1st anniversary when I was in 5th grade it was explained to us and we were told about Osama, the new Hitler.

Yeah there definitely was a feeling that the "boogeyman" has been vanquished. I image that it is the same feeling when the news first breached that Hitler was dead.

Edit: In regards to fact that we are celebrating a death:

I had reservations at first about celebrating anyone's death, but I consider this an exception. The death of a mass murder, someone who threatened the peace, stability, and freedom of the world is something to celebrate.

Also it was confirmed that Osama's body was cremated and his ashes spread over the Indian Ocean, done in the proper Islamic tradition too. No defiling at all.

As well, unlike Nuremberg there is still a large Al-Qaeda presence that would have done anything to rescue Osama is captured alive. There was no way to have a trial, and on top of that Osama professed his guilt and responsibility many times for 9/11.
edit on 5/2/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
It was even on Al Jazeera. My favorite was a young girl emotionally saying "It's finally over" over and over. Propoganda pure and simple. Mission Accomplished banner anyone?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by SG-17

but peace, stability, and freedom are still the same there still none so this celebration is just a death celebration...

Bin laden is the face...where are all the others ? the people who did 9/11 are already dead in the plane ...Bin laden say i did it, like Obama say i killed bin laden, but Unfortunately, today al Qaeda is a franchise ...

you can celebrate if it help you but this not the best way to do if you really want live in peace, stability, and freedom

edit: Dumping at sea "would be totally contrary to the sacrosanct rules of Islam" this is what say my muslim friend, he say muslim when they must be covered with a white cloth and the head turned toward the Mecq and buried.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

my question would be,
how in the hell did they get all these
people to organize so fast?

within an hr of the news, there were
thousands at ground zero and thousands
at the WH

MOST with Obama posters seems like.
Coincidence ???

edit on 5/2/2011 by boondock-saint because: (no reason given)

Exactly...when something that is FOR THE PEOPLE reguarding an important political reason....why is it so difficult
to get close to that many people to turn out? And of course, how many police were seen at this "spontaneous" dancing in the street? Was anyone arrested at this government sanctioned college party?

I have a ton more questions I could bring up...but let's see if they can answer the ones being presented first.
These are the people that may think that anyone over 50 should be taken off the voting rolls? (A thread subject that was presented on this site yesterday.) Well...guess y'all have proven your intelligence and wisdom with these photo's. One word....IDIOSYNCRASY.

BTW...hope whatever you were "paid" to do your "patriotic" duty was worth it, boys and girls.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I cant wait to see the new movie come out, "B FOR BINLADEN".Remember Remember the first of may, you thought that you'd killed me , but i got away

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I remember we just wrapped up doing long division and another teacher burst into our room with tears in her eyes and told us to turn on the news. Right as my teacher did the second plane hit. After that school was cancelled for the week and we were sent home. It took me a bit to understand what was going on, then my mom got a call from my uncle, an FDNY volunteer, he was alright. My mother told us what was going on and my grandmother only said one thing "its Pearl Harbor again...". I can't remember the rest of the 4th grade but on the 1st anniversary when I was in 5th grade it was explained to us and we were told about Osama, the new Hitler.

Yeah there definitely was a feeling that the "boogeyman" has been vanquished. I image that it is the same feeling when the news first breached that Hitler was dead.

Edit: In regards to fact that we are celebrating a death:

I had reservations at first about celebrating anyone's death, but I consider this an exception. The death of a mass murder, someone who threatened the peace, stability, and freedom of the world is something to celebrate.

Also it was confirmed that Osama's body was cremated and his ashes spread over the Indian Ocean, done in the proper Islamic tradition too. No defiling at all.

edit on 5/2/2011 by SG-17 because: (no reason given)

I quoted in (semi) full, because IMHO that those 4 paragraphs are a perfect post, I think you have captured the zeitgeist of a generation with your words. I find it delightfully (no offence intended) reassuring in a peverse way that you use Hitler as an analogy, this reassures me that you and your generation truly have reviled OBL and therefore the photographs of celebration I have seen are less misrepresentative of true emotion than I had first assumed.

Seriously, thanks once again for your time in replying, it has shifted my perspective of the exuberance I saw on TV and in those photographs last night.

Cheers

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join