It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart News ... brings back Deer Rifles with Scopes to boost sales & Our Customers are Running out

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know all you have to really do is follow Wal-Mart's press releases and you have the health of our nation in a nut shell.
money.cnn.com...
money.cnn.com...

and it all boils down to.... three words.... Americans Are Dumb....

after reading and pondering these two articles - I have deduced a issue of economic paralysis period
of mid summer.
coupled with other news, I would say around July 4th, 2011 - something heart stopping is coming our way.

something we are not expecting - something like Pearl Harbor.... I'm not trying to scare you - that is the
period of time left in the gas tank... if we dont stop and refuel - that time period is where we run out of gas.

So is Wal-Mart sending a message or what... ?
edit on 1-5-2011 by ISRAELdid911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I can tell what kind of person you are by the fact you call any rifle, a "sniper rifle."

So are you calling gun owners dumb, or people not shopping at wal-mart dumb. Because that's what those two articles were about.
edit on 1-5-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Well if gas prices keep going up that M60 you have bolted in the back of your Van is going to be useless isn't it?
Fortunately the cartridges from your belt stockpile will still chamber into a Walmart .308 rifle.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Tephra

lets be honest here - you snipe deer...
and as far as guns .... I dont like them, but I see that - that is the only thing keeping Rockefeller from chipping my family.. or giving them bogus vaccines... so, keep on confusing people - sooner or later - you know your going to pay for what your doing...

American are dumb - they are putting up with this crap. their grand fathers wouldn't have - so why are they...?

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ISRAELdid911

So what? You thought "sniper rifle" sounded sexier than "hunting rifle"? I didn't see any mention of sniper rifles in the article. Wouldn't have meant anything anyway, the only difference between a sniper rifle and a hunting rifle is what you shoot at.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

a gun is a gun is a gun - you aim it - you fire it - you cant recall it...
they still carried rifles in the stores around here... the only rifle they stopped selling was Deer Rifles...
and around here - we call them sniper rifles... camo and scope.... what else do you call a militarized deer rifle.
and FYI ... the gun ranges were full Friday and again Saturday... I drive by almost every day... and they are getting business...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I hope all those hunters who support the demonization of the "evil black rifles" are paying attention to Joe Idiot and his liberal usage of the frightening scare mongering term "sniper rifle."

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Sure did not see any "sniper rifles" in the link provided by the OP.

Might want to educate yourself before posting something that makes you look like a fool.

Here, I'll start you off...

en.wikipedia.org...

www.militaryfactory.com...

The second site even has pictures for those who are not inclined to actually read.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

See my post above to OP, what you said could not be further from the truth.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ISRAELdid911
reply to post by Tephra

lets be honest here - you snipe deer...

I heard these guns not only have a shoulder thing that goes up, but they also fire anti-aircraft, baby-seeking cop-killer rounds from their extended clips. They call them 'incendiary rounds' and if you fire them into the ground they'll burn to the core of the earth. I heard this from an anti-gun person, it must be true thoguh.

No one needs such destructive power - except people who work for the government; and who love us.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

WTF is a "militarized deer rifle"? Because it has camo and a scope? It's not a sniper rifle unless you shoot people with it. I grew up around hunting rifles and have lived around them my whole life, have owned a few too. All the good 'ol boys I know with scoped rifles just call it a "rifle". They would think it odd, pretentious and wrong to call one of their rifles a "sniper rifle" and would probably respond indignantly, "What's wrong with you? I ain't shot nobody with this thing!"

edit on 1-5-2011 by wasco2 because: typo

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

do you care what I look like... ? seems I dont care what you think...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by wasco2

we dont say lets go deer hunting around here -- its lets snipe a deer or two. In response, there not much hunting something that is everywhere... you basically pick a good one to put in the freezer.... so whats up with the Hunting... you can get a couple from your back porch.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
My military issued M16A4 was also a rifle...certainly not a sniper rifle (well for me it might as well been, I'm a hell of a shot! LoL)

I have owned a Sako 7mm...and an AR-50. Both are rifles. They can both achieve the same effect, except the .50 cal would blow a barn door through someone whereas the 7mm would not.

I would certainly not consider the 7mm a sniper rifle...although it could be quite effective in the right hands.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Do you see what happened there? A potentially interesting topic ran RIGHT INTO THE GROUND because you decided to sensationalize it, and focus on something stupid on the sidelines.

So did you actually want to discuss the economy, or are you trying to make some sort of prediction, or are you just trolling gun owners? 'Cause I can't tell.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
LoL, no can't say I do care what you look like.

What I do care about is the uneducated, anti-gun tripe propaganda you are spewing forth from your cake hole.

Wal-Mart has never, and probably will never sell a sniper rifle.

do you care what I look like... ? seems I dont care what you think...

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Different strokes I guess.

Intentional or not the title was still needlessly inflammatory. As a life long gun owner I get a little testy when it seems someone is trying to portray gun owners in a bad light.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

ever try liquid nitrogen treated rounds.... ? a guy I know, (I know him by face) works for Florida Citrus Research was telling me about the differences in the rounds. it appears if you soak your bullet tips in liquid nitrogen they will basically go through almost anything. has anyone tried this >?< what were your results.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
ONLY a fool would buy a gun from wallmart-
go to a gun show and buy one out of the eyes of your crooked government.Skip the backgroung check, and haveing your name entered into the fed data base-

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

reply to post by wasco2

we dont say lets go deer hunting around here -- its lets snipe a deer or two.

I have frequented many hunting circles and have never heard this term used when going hunting.I am curious, have you ever been "snipe hunting" by any chance?

<<   2  3 >>

join