It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Show me your tatts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hey everyone I've decided I want to get a couple more tatoos and I really want something alien related for one and conspiracy related for another.
Do any of you have anything similar as i'm struggling for inspiration. Attach a pic to your post aswell if poss. Cheers Ben

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Okay, I'm sorry these aren't alien tattoos...But I wanted to post, tattooing is one of my hobbies. I mostly do it through word of mouth or for friends...since I've only been doing it for a few years I wouldn't consider myself "professional" by any means, but so far I haven't had any complaint from anyone...they've all been happy with the work I've done....I have all my own gear and just recently got certified and passed the health test. But I don't think I'll ever really want to work in a shop because I do it on the side and my real focus is ceramics & pottery (yeah, I'm an artist and my goal right now is to get into a grad program for ceramics). Anyway...ask me anything and I'll answer if I can. Here's a sample of a few things I did a while ago. I mostly just do black work with a little color (I really like black, and just a bit of color to highlight)

this was a memorial tattoo on a client, I went back and filled the heart in with red (sorry for the shine, it's vaseline)...I just didn't get a photo of it.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b32502f3f5d6.jpg[/atsimg]
I think this was taken from a picture that the guy found online...can't really remember
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/96524427e9aa.jpg[/atsimg]
The japanese text is her grandmother's name
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f25fe5ceda53.jpg[/atsimg]

One of my friends has a really cool tattoo that I like...it's showing his skin ripped open to reveal robotic parts underneath...I always thought that was neat...so I donno, maybe something cool would be like revealing underneath your skin and having it be all alien-like?
edit on 29-4-2011 by meeneecat because: (no reason given)

I just found some examples...I don't like all of them...but some are okay, my friend's actually isn't huge, it goes across his shoulder blade.
thechive.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by benintheuk

Here you go...

www.hrgiger.com...

ATS has alot of good artists too. Good luck.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Whoa! You're gettin' a little personal there!

Oh, you said TATTS. I thought you said...nvm.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

Whoa! You're gettin' a little personal there!

Oh, you said TATTS. I thought you said...nvm.

lol same mind as me mate

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
nice work meenecat, how painful would it be on the back of the neck/top of spine?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   

The pain receptors are pretty spread out on the back...so it's not as sensitive as, say the wrist, but as you get up towards the neck, it gets a little more sensitive in some areas (i.e. the front of the neck closer to the face)...but if you are just going up the spine, it shouldn't be too bad...The only thing that sometimes annoy people is the "vibration" sensation that can go up the spine when you tattoo right over the bone...same thing happens when you tattoo on the head / base of the neck.

Besides an alien motif, do you have any other ideas about what you want? stylewise? black? or bright with lots of color?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I'm thinking going with black/grey in colour and probably illumintate/nwo related ie the all seeing eye

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
not a bad thread as a tattooist myself i think the H.R.geiger style looks so much better in cherry wash than black and gray shadin. will have to learn how to post pics so i can put a few pieces on here

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
it would be cool if you could mate cheers

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
hope ive done this right lol

got loads of pics to add to my album if ya need any tips or advice just send a msg dude i bin doing tatz nearly 8 years so know a few handy hints
edit on 9-5-2011 by papathetata because: didnt add the pics properly

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
sorry the pics are so big dont know how to resize them on here

new topics

top topics

join