It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. gets C credit rating, lower than Mexico

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well good thing we are worried about the royal wedding and Obamas birth certificate that should have been released 3 years ago. This will mark the end of the Great United States. We will not be able to pay any of the hugher interest and we definatly cant controll our spending so no hope at all. Our government has gotten involved in things that we shouldnt be doing and this is the proce that we pay. We will all suffer from the poor decisions of the ruling who are supposed to protect us and "spend our money for us because we are too stupid".

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Netherlands and UK are in the same mess relatively speaking yet these guys put Netherlands higher, based on this you have to question the validity of this report and how many facts they actually based it on.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Most Americans are still in the mindset of, You can't do that, I'm an American.
People watching Fox & Friends, CNBC are living in Fantasy Land believing everything
is Honky Donky.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic_al

Most Americans are still in the mindset of, You can't do that, I'm an American.

No most Americans are in the mind set of; If you do that we will open a can of whoop ass. We will make a your country into a glass parking lot.

Most Americans also think that no American will ever screw another American or the American people. Only the foreigners will do that.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
We could have a D rating and nobody would care as long as they got to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow. This is how far gone it has become.
only 30% of brittish people care about the wedding over 80% of americans and 65% of canadians care about it none of us are bothering to look at important things and thats what our government wants i dont think people are spending the money i think the government is doing something atm and using the wedding as a "Distraction"

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Keep in mind, this isn't just about bailing out banks. That may be a big part of it but the other half of a credit rating is income. With the "global economy" we so vehemently support, believing that the U.S. can compete on a level playing field with countries like India, Pakistan, etc.we have also given away trillions in income, just so our welfare cases can afford their 47" LCD TVs.

Debt is fine as long as your debt to income ratio is reasonable. Ours isn't. We've given away the steel industry, the auto industry, the electronics industry, technology, etc, etc, etc. But, the important thing to remember is, at least those at the very top got their cut before giving away the farm. While we were busy fighting with unions over paying unskilled labor $70K a year, the Japanese and Chinese were perfecting their quality and manufacturing techniques. Well, now it's time to pay the piper. Our entitlement mentality is partly responsible for our current situation. We reap what we sow.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Hmm....

So is this what all the FEMA camps are for

When the Dollar drops & the banks move in to foreclose on property's

are the camps going to be for all the displaced citizens

man oh man oh shevitz!

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Wow your guys Welfare must be through the roof, Avrage Ontario Works Payout for a 16-21 in a 1 bedroom is $400-600 *avrage rent in My town atleast for a 1 bedroom apartment is 500 a month without Cable/Internet/Phone* $100 would feed me for 2 weeks, OW isnt that great, and a Adult only gets $75-100 more.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just so everybody knows.

A Weis rating of 'C' is equivalent to an 'A' in the triple A rating system.

So they listed the US as an 'A'...which is really not that bad. Not great, but not earth shattering news.

Source

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

But the Ratings arnt done in Tripple A standards...

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
If there is anyone who can shed more light on this please let me know if this is even real or not and how trustworthy is market watch.

Yes, it's very real. The scenario that's playing out has long been inevitable and our politicians and media have been content to bury their heads in the sand rather than face the problem. We've been "balancing" our budget for years via borrowing money. We've borrowed so much that simply paying interest on our debt has become the fifth largest budget item at 206 billion a year. That's right, we pay 206 billion in interest, and that doesn't touch paying down the principal which continues to grow each year. The total US debt (including personal loans, etc.) is 55 trillion dollars. 99% of people cannot comprehend a number that large, but perhaps it will bring it home if I explain that it equates to 675,000.00 per US family (for confirmation of these numbers, visit the US Debt Clock page). Yes, your family is 675k in debt whether you know it or not thanks to the freewheeling spending habits of our government. It doesn't take a economics professor to understand that this is simply not sustainable. Here is the scenario:

1- US debt outlook becomes more and more grim as we continue to borrow money
2- US credit rating will be reduced
3- Countries loaning us money will at some point determine it's no longer worth the risk and will curtail loans
4- US will print money to repay debts since we can no longer borrow, thus devaluing all existing currency
5- The countries sitting on our existing loans will call them in to get what they can before our currency devalues even more, thus creating a vicious cycle
6- The US will eventually default on interest and loan repayments
7- Credit will officially become "junk" status

Sound unlikely? It's already happening. S&P downgraded our debt outlook to "negative" about 10 days ago, and as the subject of this thread shows, another rating company has downgraded us today as well. So step 2 of the above is underway (because step 1 has already happened). Step 3 is actually underway as well, there's been news stories about China's unwillingness to take on additional US debt. And step 4, well if people aren't aware, the Obama administration has been on a dollar-printing spree since day one. We're dangerously close to step 5, and at that point there's no fixing it, going from step 4 to 5 is akin to going over a cliff, once it happens the rest is just part of the ride down.

The fallout is hard to predict, it's easy to say we'll be the next "3rd world country" but we're a pretty resilient people and I don't think it'll get quite that bad. But there's no question that we will lose our status as the world's superpower, and we will likely have to subjugate ourselves to other countries (IE, beg for help). Personally I feel that this is exactly as the Bible predicted, there will be a single worldwide currency and governing entity and the collapse of our economy will force us to willingly sign on with the One World Government.
edit on 29-4-2011 by SavedOne because: Typos

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

The UNITED States of America will prevail. I'm tired of all the gloom and doom reports. Yeah, go ahead and write us off and we'll laugh you outta town while you're doing so. WE ARE #1.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Im not sure of the american rating but the uk rating for paying off debt is the highest and the only country to have a AAA rating ,no other country in the world has this,tptb are having a good go at destroying this,the thing that annoys me is you americans should have saw this coming but you didnt so its your own fault so i dont know why you complain about it because you did vote for this to happen to you ,you have no say in your country and how its run and where its going,the rich nearly lost all thier money when america went bust but the foriegn owned Federal reserve bailed them out at your expense ,the rich are also crafty they moved all thier assets abroad at your expense,you get what im saying i hope,the rich think its their unalienable right too be rich and that you will always foot the bill,i hope you relise that once the last real assets are sucked dry and moved abroad you will be left with all the worthless paper money,treason and treachery are working hard to take away your future,while the rich are out the county laughing their heads off at you guys in the thinking that they where somehow better than you and deserved to survive,i wish i could say i feel sorry for you guys but i cant because my country the uk is on the same boat.gd luck my american brothers.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It's getting so bad Exxon had to lay off 25 Politicians
It's getting so bad People are Jumping the Border to get into Mexico
It's getting so bad, factories in China are looking for cheaper Labour in the USA

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

i realy hope this dosent cause another "Great Depression that leads to a war" just so USA can make money again.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

That intrest repayment of 206 billion a year is paid into who's bank account ??? are these the same people who control the private,foreign owned federal reserve,the ones who set out how much intrest you pay, ect.

also fractional reserve banking that lets a bank with no real assets and makes money out of thin air that never existed,then loans it for rip of repayments sounds a bit dodgy,did you americans ask or want any of this,was it you who got yourself into this debt, ????? this aint kosher people lol

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
reply to post by KDM_Souljah

i realy hope this dosent cause another "Great Depression that leads to a war" just so USA can make money again. [/quote

Now we all know that war means money.Jobs and economic stability well t used to.But seeing how we are now quagmired"]giggty giggty goo"in 3 wars and that has broken us.I dont think its a bad idea
edit on 29-4-2011 by alchemist2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
So, the American Dream is now the Chinese Dream. nice.

Whats the difference in economics between the two btw?

America = corporatist economy
China = Socio-capitalist economy.

America used to be a socio-capitalist society (heavy capitalism)..and regulations were systematically ripped off the top allowing unprecidented wealth hoarding mixed with outsourcing trends..(of course making the wealthy companys form corporations, then mega-corporations, meanwhile eliminating the middle class).

This is not shocking...what is shocking is how even today you can still see even more legislation for pro-corporatist agendas being passed through.

But feel free to worry about a few mexicans crossing the border and if poor women can get a free breast examination at planned parenthood...

the distraction is not the royal wedding...if you think thats the distraction, then your thinking far too small.

Yes...there is a major political conspiracy here, but I see no reason to even mention it considering some are totally lock step with the conspirators to begin with.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LexMustReturn

The UNITED States of America will prevail. I'm tired of all the gloom and doom reports. Yeah, go ahead and write us off and we'll laugh you outta town while you're doing so. WE ARE #1.

We will prevail once we stop being total tards and listen to economists that are not completely bought out by corporate entities..

until then, we are in a well deserved freefall.

incidently, if you haven't been paying attention, that won't be happening for awhile (listening to the economists).

edit on 29-4-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Since the source of this article is The Wall Street Journal's Market Watch, I do not think there is any credibility issue on this subject. Woof...

A C from Weiss is roughly equivalent to a BBB rating from the big rating agencies like Moody’s Investors Service, Standard & Poor’s and Fitch. That’s about two notches above non-investment grade, or junk, status.

I love how the article contains tons of spin.

"Everything is fine here! No need to panic! We are going to be a-okay!"

Let the denial roll.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join