It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. gets C credit rating, lower than Mexico

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
Economic doom at it's finest.

Dollar dropping, precious metals climbing and debt at an all time high, the writing is on the wall. America's financial doomsday right around the corner now.

You should not look at this as an isolated incident as its impact will encompass the globe. Look beyond the forest...its there looking at you as you are staring at your monitor.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
You should not look at this as an isolated incident as its impact will encompass the globe. Look beyond the forest...its there looking at you as you are staring at your monitor.

I see it globally as well. Already we are seeing the rise of global inflation and energy costs increasing. The reality of what is coming is unavoidable, there will be a global financial crisis very soon, worse then 2008.

Not much I can do but watch in horror and disbelief.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
China got an A-

This seems bad!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WillNiendick

Bad? Yes
A surprise? No.

China has become more Capitalist then the US.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
We have no real jobs in the US anymore. Companies outsource everything for cheaper labor,we import much more than we export,our dependency on foreign oil is putting us into dire straits plus we are a nation that wants instant gratification in everything from our material items to our politicians. This rating isn't any wonder. We are the self appointed band aid to the worlds aches and pains too. If we took care of our own interests monetarily as well as we do elsewhere might not be in this mess either.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by tristar

Tristar

Thankyou for posting that clip of JFK and his freedom speech.......

I am ashamed to say that I have never listened fully to that before but I do understand and fully support it's sentiment Now.

It is a great SHAME that most of your politicians, many business leaders and probably a large section of the simple population have probably not either listened to that very same speech and if they have, probably not really understood it...........

The only people who dont understand JFK's speech are the fatasisits who think it is refering to the NWO, Illuminati, etc.

The "secret societies" in the speech are communism - especially the USSR.

the interpretation put on it by conspiracy nuts is utterly bogus.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Wow seems like the Big Boys aint so big anymore

My .02cents, i thought that the IMF said the U.S. has until 2015?
and second the big boys have already put their monies in foreign accounts for this international change that is coming

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personally I think it is spot on.. the UK getting the C- sounds about right too..

But, and here is where I stand.. I honest feel this has been orchestrated as part of the Great Game.. which I honestly feel is still being played out something akin to Mackinder's Heartland theory of Geopolitics and strategy.

edit on 28/4/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
Personally I think it is spot on.. the UK getting the C- sounds about right too..

But, and here is where I stand.. I honest feel this has been orchestrated as part of the Great Game.. which I honestly feel is still being played out something akin to Mackinder's Heartland theory of Geopolitics and strategy.

edit on 28/4/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

Interesting, never heard of this British chap before...........and his theories......... Nice to see Nazi Germany embrace them as their own....

en.wikipedia.org...

Significance of Mackinder

Mackinder's work paved the way for the establishment of geography as a distinct discipline in the United Kingdom. His role in fostering the teaching of geography is probably greater than that of any other single British geographer.
Whilst Oxford did not appoint a professor of Geography until 1934, both the University of Liverpool and University of Wales, Aberystwyth established professorial chairs in Geography in 1917. Mackinder himself became a full professor in Geography in the University of London (London School of Economics) in 1923.
Mackinder is often credited with introducing two new terms into the English language : "manpower", "heartland".
Influence on Nazi strategy

The Heartland Theory was enthusiastically taken up by the German school of Geopolitik, in particular by its main proponent Karl Haushofer. Whilst Geopolitik was later embraced by the German Nazi regime in the 1930s, Mackinder was always extremely critical of the German exploitation of his ideas. The German interpretation of the Heartland Theory is referred to explicitly (without mentioning the connection to Mackinder) in The Nazis Strike, the second of Frank Capra's Why We Fight series of American World War II propaganda films.

Influence on American strategy
The Heartland theory and more generally classical geopolitics and geostrategy were extremely influential in the making of US strategic policy during the period of the Cold War.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy

Originally posted by alchemist2012
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Wow seems like the Big Boys aint so big anymore

My .02cents, i thought that the IMF said the U.S. has until 2015?
and second the big boys have already put their monies in foreign accounts for this international change that is coming

2015, theories say as soon as 2012 but the way things are really heating up it may be when then QE3 ends in June no more guarantees.and as of yet they have not toyed with the interest rate yet.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

as we speak..trying to extract ppl from indonesia and here i am on a public site and ppl defending the so called revolutions...People need or should i say MUST study history...~enough said.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Whats wrong with mexico having a higher credit rating?Have you ever been there?Its a rich and beautiful place.Their import/export trade is so well maintained that the country flourishes economically.Only reason so many illegals migrate to the U.S is because of mexicos massive population,a country can only create so many jobs..Homes,land,properties,etc are so much cheaper down there ,cheap enough to purchase out of pocket without any loans/government assistance.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Maybe your country truly sucks behind the mask.

Looks can be deceiving.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mental Maze

Never said anything was wrong with that if its true thats great who wants people to live in poverty??????

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by WillNiendick

Bad? Yes
A surprise? No.

China has become more Capitalist then the US.

Actually, it is a surprise. This should have happened many years ago, as well as to Japan and the UK. Why now? Why? I can only think of one possible explanation: they are ready to let the system crash. Speculations about motives is pointless at this point.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Why would they want to crash the entire global economy,Who stands to gain in this unless they have the currency printed and ready to go.things are moving at a faster pace than i expected.there are 4 articles on the wall street journal online about the soon and swift demise of the dollar

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

No. China is just capitalist enough to make money, but not so capitalist that the capitalists are running the country into the ground.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
We could have a D rating and nobody would care as long as they got to watch the Royal Wedding tomorrow. This is how far gone it has become.

Welcome to New Rome.
To be fair, we are much more ****ed up then Rome was though, with the exception of the gladiator fights, but everything else going on here more than makes up for that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
reply to post by alchemist2012I
Alchemist

The UK got a C- so we are worse than you ???!!

Here's a link to all the countries they rated.....

www.weissratings.com...

Regards

PDUK

edit on 28-4-2011 by PurpleDog UK because: addition

Well, on the bright side, at least we don't live in Greece...

Or Japan... :^(
edit on 28-4-2011 by colbyforce because: Because

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Anyone checked the going dollar rate as of recently? this is going to be a big debacle,so many people are going to caught with there trousers around there ankles.Went into Sam's to get some dry goods and no one was the wiser. people were shopping for digital cams,video games but no food/water/medical supplies.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join