It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should All "Birther" Threads Go Directly To Hoax Forum?.....Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

True, and not all conspiracies are false...

So which ones do you choose??

The ones that have some facts or at least sound reasoning to support them?

You can be agnostic on a conspiracy until sufficient evidence arises to make you a "believer or disbeliever." The problem with birthers is that they are clinging to threads in the face of an avalanche of facts supporting the idea he IS a natural born citizen. In the beginning, when the facts were less well documented, sure, I can understand the belief. At this point, it verges on delusion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Well technically we did give Iraq WMD's a few scares ago.

And technically there are layers in the birth certificate PDF, which is extremely questionable.

I am not a birther or a war supporter. I do think that any evidence at all for either side of any view needs to be checked.

The problem is that when something interesting comes about (birther threads, for instance), there is a gaggle of 10 posters or so who mock, ridicule, insult, and generally derail discussion. There is a pro gaggle and a con gaggle for every issue.

Then the people agreeing with the gaggle jump on board, and it turns into a mess.

Never mind the people who think that any and all questions or criticisms of Obama are based on race.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We gave Iraq WMD's a few years ago. Not scares.

Damn spellcheck on my phone.

Heh. Birthers gets changed to Northerners though. lol damn yankees.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

We also knew that they burned most of the WMDs up during the first gulf war. I was working with the US Chemical corps at the time on Johnston Atoll during that conflict and as they rotated from the Mid East to Johnston they told us all about it.

We also have inspectors doing their jobs and not finding any residual ones.

So sure, we gave them some, but we also had good hard eyewitness evidence that they no longer had them. And our leaders deliberately blew the thought that they MIGHT still have some up all out of proportion.

The layers in the long form is only interesting if you ask who might have a motive to make a copy so shoddy it fuels the groundless debate about his status as natural born citizen, rather than ends it That would be an interesting debate. Surely the US government could have made a forgery without layers had they wanted to, especially since no one had any idea what the long form was supposed to look like.

Obama meets the legal requirements to be President. The legal system says so, has said so, and will continue to say so. He has offered evidence that anyone else would have access to that he was born here. I dont have access to my original birth certificate. I have a certified copy like the vast majority of all Americans, and its good enough proof for all of us.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This whole thread, along with all the other "birther" threads, pro and con, just shows our gullibility to TPTB. They created, perpetuated, and own both sides of this argument. It is like so many other marginally important issues they themselves perpetuate to keep us busy arguing amonst ourselves. They can rest assured we will never join together and come against them as one, as long as they keep giving us crap like this to keep us divided.

And no, I don't think this, or any other birther thread should be moved to the hoax forum. It is like any other conspiracy. If there were solid evidence that kept the scales tilted in one direction, then it wouldn't be a conspiracy any longer. In case we've forgotten, this is a conspiracy website. The majority of the site is speculative and circumstantial. Conspiracy theories hinge on the absence of official evidence. If the official line were good enough for everyone, this site wouldn't exist. And we could all be happy little sheeple believing everything they tell us to believe.

TPTB are of the opinion that we lack the capability to govern ourselves, and we need them to take care of us. I'm beginning to think they're right.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Klassified because: grammar police

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
If birther threads go to the hoax forum, can we get a "I heart Obama" forum just to clear up the rest of the site?

Well, at the moment there are about 30 'birther' threads, but I see no "I heart Obama threads"

It must be tough trying to convince everyone of a bogeyman that isnt there.

I feel for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
This whole thread, along with all the other "birther" threads, pro and con, just shows our gullibility to TPTB. They created, perpetuated, and own both sides of this argument. It is like so many other marginally important issues they themselves perpetuate to keep us busy arguing amonst ourselves. They can rest assured we will never join together and come against them as one, as long as they keep giving us crap like this to keep us divided.

I suspect they are on this very forum arguing both sides.

As long as the subject is talked about, they win.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Depends on what you believe. Those who believe he was born in Hawaii of course, they'll toss it in the "hoax bin". On the other hand those who think he was born elsewhere will not want the threads just tossed away. After all, your talking about people's beliefs here, whose to say he wasn't born in Kenya and its all a hoax in and of itself?

Might as well toss in the UFO, 911, Ghost threads also. Just because some believe does not mean it is the truth.

source
edit on 4/28/2011 by Humint1 because: forgot to add link

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Each Thread To Its Proper Forum

Many controversial subjects are discussed on ATS. While certain specific attempts at hoaxcraft may, at the sole discretion of the owners, be labeled as "hoaxes", ATS maintains an overall policy of editorial neutrality:

22b) Editorial Neutrality: TAN provides a forum for the open discussion of a wide variety of subjects, but does not influence editorial control over any particular theory, opinion, ideology, political doctrine, viewpoint or position on any topic in so far as those topics adhere to the rules set forth in these Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Membership. Furthermore, though operating costs are supported by advertising and promotional revenue, TAN do not officially endorse or promote any commercial product or service.

The identification of a specific UFO thread (e.g., "I am an alien and here's a picture of a hubcap to prove it") as a hoax does not constitute a position that all UFO threads are hoaxes. Likewise, the opinions of some members that a topic of discussion constitutes a hoax does not preclude nor invalidate discussion of that subject.

Members who wish to discuss the question of President Obama's birth documents are welcome to do so in the political forums.

Board Business & Questions is not such a forum, nor is discussion-by-proxy of political topics appropriate here, and so this thread is closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join