It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should All "Birther" Threads Go Directly To Hoax Forum?.....Do Not Pass Go, Do Not Collect $200

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Now that the President has released his official long form birth certificate from the state of Hawaii and exposed those 'birthers" for the absolute nut jobs they are, isn't it time to relocate these "Birther" threads into the Hoax forum? After all, the Hoax forum clearly states that it is the proper place for "Lies, Scams & Fakes." If these threads don't qualify for that forum now, they never will.

It's bad enough that these people are dead set on destroying what little bit of credibility the republican/tea party had left, it seems that they are also dead set on labeling ATS as "the place" to gain unlimited access to spew their Lies, Scams & Fake accusations regarding the birthplace of the President of the U.S..

Actually, I think it may be time to create a new forum called the "Garbage Forum" which would be an ideal location for placement of this type of thread. Now that the proof is out, what are you waiting for? Put this crap where it belongs.
edit on 28-4-2011 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Maaybe not hoax because the Staff will probably feel that is alienating a core portion of this website, but I'd vote for Skunk Works.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   

maybe all threads about stopping birther threads should stop as well????

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with you. That birth certificate belongs in the hoax section.
It says "African" yet the father's name line is conspicuously not blank.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The thing about birthers is that like most conspiracies, any amount of proof is just another lie that they'll tack onto their list of "government is evil" factors. Literally nothing could convince them that Obama is a natural born citizen (and I personally don't see why it's such a magnificently huge deal in the first place. We're not trying to stop the British from electing a King anymore. The natural-born thing isn't as important.). Heck, I imagine that if a freaking time machine was invented, and they could see with their own eyes that Obama was born in Hawaii, they would turn around and say that the government planted the information in their brains via a microchip or something.

It's trash, but just like every other conspiracy, it will continue being believed because it is possible to discount anything if you try hard enough.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Yes, I do. Because it has been proven false.

But it wont be. ATS has conflicting motives. Denying ignorance on the one hand, and profiting from it on the other. I dont particularly blame them, but it is hypocritical NOT to toss the birthers in the hoax bin at this point.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
To be honest, I've never really paid much attention to the birther arguments. Obama ran against the Clinton machine in the primaries, and I always figured that anything that would have made Obama ineligible would have come out by their hands at some point in the primaries. I don't think I've even commented that much on birther threads. I might have said he needs to show his birth certificate, but that's about the extent of my feelings.

However, that document released on whitehouse.gov yesterday has me wondering way more than I ever did before. Why release an obviously constructed document? It makes no sense, even as a machiavellian red herring type thing. I'm now more willing to listen to the birther argument than I was two days ago.

However, there was zero chance for me voting for Obama in 2012 before this document came out anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
THIS IS THE LAST time he will acknowledge it.

I'm sorry people, but this "movement" is over.

NO JUDGE will look at ANY case regarding this.

FOR SURE.

/birther

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
There are known hoax news articles still in the breaking news forum.Why would they bother with denying ignorance?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
If birther threads go to the hoax forum, can we get a "I heart Obama" forum just to clear up the rest of the site?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jefwane

I would guess the document was shown as a political move. In other words make Donald Trump look like a fool in order to have ammo if he does run for president. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Obama has posted an image composed of ten layers as supposed proof of his BC. If it was just a scanof the original document there should only be one layer.

In other words he has provided no proof whatsoever just an in your face forgery.

I don't even doubt he was born in Hawaii - but this is not his BC!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Good morning Obama 'Talking Heads' at MoveOn and FactCheck..How much does Marxist 'felon' Soros pay you to 'BS' the pro-American forums.
A good job..just' talk the talk'..Don't have to look up anything..Can't document your BS..Just post your ignorance!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
all the "obama releases long form" threads should go to [HOAX]

i mean, every UFO doc deemed a forgery/fake gets sent there. why is the BC exempt?

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Shouldn't all Nibiru threads go to Hoax as well, and Chemtrail threads, and HAARP? Seeing as this is no longer a conspiracy website, we should also change the name to I♥Obama to make it complete. Then you could get funding from Soros and not have to worry about advertising. Win-Win-Win all the way around!

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

A digitized image on my comp is proof??

Who has actually held this piece of paper in their hands??

Man, If I believed everything I saw on a computer screen I'd be scared to sleep..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I dont heart Obama. For me the problem with the birther hoax is that is detracts from intelligent and very real reasons to dislike and criticize Obama. Such as the fact that he, much like the Bush administration before him, is selling our country out to a multinational economic mafia comprised of various banking and corporate concerns.

Its not that I want the discussion about Obama to end, but for Christs sake lets elevate it to issues that actually matter to us as citizens in this country, which tend to end up slipping by unnoticed while people are foaming at the mouth about his stupid birth certificate. We should be seriously considering declaring those who are driving our nation into economic ruin and threatening our very sovereignty "enemy combatants" and locking them up in Guantanamo for life without trial like they have conveniently given us the legal right to do.

Surely that would be more satisfying to those who loath Obama than some pointless bragging right about his nationality.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

There's countless threads on how the WH is screwing the tax payer..
I don't see dumping his BC making any difference to that..

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I don't think all of them should go to Hoax (maybe Highly Speculative), but the "CIA 61" thread definitely should go to Hoax. Even the OP has relented that it says "Oahu" instead of "CIA-61" or "Keny"
Talk about seeing what you want to see!
Now that those have both been proven false, he's now claiming it says "Void" in small tiny letters.
The goalposts are in the next country they've been moved so much!

People should be allowed to discuss their thoughts and suspicions on this issue, but now that Obama has released his long form (remember: "Just Release the Long Form"!) and fueled this mad birther machine, I think the birther threads should go in a forum that we can exclude from our recent posts lists, much like the Political Madness forum can (or could be at one time)...

When I open Recent Posts and have to sift through the birther BS to see the important threads, it makes me want to just log off.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Any person who seeks to become a "public servant" should not feel put out by ANY scrutiny.
Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Other Bush, Carter, Lincoln, Obama.

We hire them!

I key into this issue more closely because it was OBAMA who declared a transparent administration. And he has proven tim and time again how hypocritical he actually is.

Just my humble opinion, of course.
edit on 28-4-2011 by beezzer because: comet elinin

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join