It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Releases Obama's Long-Form Birth Certificate

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndFUTURE
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Those seven had parents (notice the plural) that were citizens at the time of birth. Obama's father was never even a resident. He was a foreign exchange student.

The birth rule only applies to the candidate themself and not the parents. The 14th decreed this as the original Constitution allowed for French and English born people to be POTUS but has since been overturned.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by freakjive

CNN LINK

It could be that forgeries take 2 years to be good ones. It could be that this is true and this conspiracy is now put to bed, I still want to know why so long Mr. President? Why not just show it 2 years ago when it first came up?

OH OH, this new Certificate says Barack Hussein Obama, he was born Barry Soreto not Barack Obama, HIS OWN BOOK CLAIMS THIS... This is FAKE!
edit on 4/27/2011 by theindependentjournal because: NEW INFO

It took so long because no law required him to show it.... So why do it just because your detractors demand it?

You folks really crack me up with your inability to accept reality

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Dont you think they released it a little LATE lol i call fake

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
OH OH, this new Certificate says Barack Hussein Obama, he was born Barry Soreto not Barack Obama, HIS OWN BOOK CLAIMS THIS...

Can you provide evidence that Obama has written in his own book that he was named Barry Soreto? I tried looking for it on Google, but I can't find it.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The reaction to this news is EXACTLY why Obama should NOT have released it. All along the birthers were saying, "why doesn't he just release it? That would end the controversy."

All along, those of us who know the birthers are of low intelligence and mostly racists were saying, "no it won't end the controversy for you birthers. You'll just get upset and stamp your feet and say "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! It's a fake! It's a fake! It's a FAKE!!!!!!!!

We were right.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
The reaction to this news is EXACTLY why Obama should NOT have released it. All along the birthers were saying, "why doesn't he just release it? That would end the controversy."

All along, those of us who know the birthers are of low intelligence and mostly racists were saying, "no it won't end the controversy for you birthers. You'll just get upset and stamp your feet and say "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! It's a fake! It's a fake! It's a FAKE!!!!!!!!

We were right.

This is to create a "divide and conquer" strategy in the entire Birther group, to force them to turn against one another in an attempt to push this off the media so that the media and the nation can concentrate on the real and substantive issues that are currently affecting all of us regardless of how someone leans politically.
edit on 27-4-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

No Vattel didn't write the constitution but people who quoted from and had his book in their libraries did write the constitution. The founding fathers respected Vattel. If you read their documents and their letters during the writing of the constitution you would know that.

Citizens can not be defined by British common law as it's apples and oranges. British subjects can never be King. Therefore everyone and their brother could be counted as a "natural born subject". But because we elect Presidents among the people of this country, the founding fathers wanted a stricter provision for President and Commander and Chief of our armies. Only someone "natural born" with no parental loyalties to other countries could be trusted to act in the best interest of the United States and the United States alone.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz i call fake

From someone who claims that both Obama's parents were from Kenya and Obama went to school in Kenya. Your call of fake has me underwhelmed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PS. I call shotgun!

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I find people stereotyping birthers as little children far worse than the birthers themselves, as it shows you have to degrade them in order to make yourself feel good. I am not a birther, but I more than look forward to the forensic investigation that will be following the birth certificate's release. Once it has been proven to be legit, this entire issue can be laid to rest.

As far as the timing goes, I think it was genius. Sure, people will be talking about this for the next couple of days, but after the Royal Wedding, there won't be a single peep from the mainstream media about this ever again.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You misunderstand that there is a difference between a citizen and a Natural Born Citizen. There are different requirements for the President. It is a higher bar to reach than that of senator or congressman.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Citizens can not be defined by British common law as it's apples and oranges.

Oh, I know. British law has nothing whatsoever to do with this situation. Only US law is relevant.

But because we elect Presidents among the people of this country, the founding fathers wanted a stricter provision for President and Commander and Chief of our armies.

Yes. That's why we have US laws. So we don't have to be concerned with following or abiding by any other country's laws.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
it states that his mother was 18 years of age at the time of his birth, hawaiin law states that she must be at least 19 years of age to confer citizenship at the time.

and it also states his father is a foreign national

therefore, obamas citizenship defaults to kenyan.

the controversey lies in why the long form, containing these 2 vital peices of eligibility information, was not used to confirm his eligibility from the start.

so in a nutshell, he was born in hawaii, but technically that wasnt the only requirement to receive citizenship at the time.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
Again, Im not a birther as I really didnt keep up with things and didnt care to wade through the lies in each thread. My question is .. why didnt he release it initially if it was no big deal? Why drag it out? Now that he has finally decided to release it, doesnt it make sense to not sit here and bicker back and forth but get together and see why it was released NOW? What strategy is this?

Nahhh its more fun to post post after post being arrogant and haughty toward those who questioned it on a conspiracy website.

see this is where you are wrong...Obama didn't drag it out, he posted the short LEGAL version 2 years ago.THE RIGHT-WINGERS are the ones that dragged it out...damn...i've never seen so much back pedaling.

oh...and by the way...if obama is this smart and clever, i'm certain now to vote for him in 12'...

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

The decision that Justice Gray passed down was to make Wong Kim Ark a regular citizen ... NOT a "natural born" citizen. Kim Wong Ark decision did not change or effect the Article II eligibility clause to be President or redefine it.
And to substantiate that decision they cited and described the common law principle that applied in England as well as in the United States.

From the opinion

The fundamental principle of the common law with regard to English nationality was birth within the allegiance, also called "ligealty," "obedience," "faith," or "power" of the King. The principle embraced all persons born within the King's allegiance and subject to his protection. Such allegiance and protection were mutual -- as expressed in the maxim protectio trahit subjectionem, et subjectio protectionem -- and were not restricted to natural-born subjects and naturalized subjects, or to those who had taken an oath of allegiance, but were predicable of aliens in amity so long as they were within the kingdom. Children, born in England, of such aliens were therefore natural-born subjects. ...

All persons born in the allegiance of the King are natural-born subjects, and all persons born in the allegiance of the United States are natural-born citizens. Birth and allegiance go together. Such is the rule of the common law, and it is the common law of this country, as well as of England. ...

We find no warrant for the opinion that this great principle of the common law has ever been changed in the United States. It has always obtained here with the same vigor, and subject only to the same exceptions, since as before the Revolution.
The exceptions are—

[T]he children, born within the realm, of foreign ambassadors, or the children of alien enemies, born during and within their hostile occupation of part of the King's dominions, were not natural-born subjects because not born within the allegiance, the obedience, or the power, or, as would be said at this day, within the jurisdiction, of the King.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It doesn't matter what Obama provides, there are people who would not believe it even if they witnessed Obama scanning the original document.

It is just a distraction.

Birthers need to find something else to complain about.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
it states that his mother was 18 years of age at the time of his birth, hawaiin law states that she must be at least 19 years of age to confer citizenship at the time.
Citizenship is regulated by federal law, not Hawaiian state law.

You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. The conditions you are describing are for births abroad, not in the United States.

He could have had two illegal underaged alien parents and he still would be a natural born citizen since he was born in the United States.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Neither of Bobby Jindals parents were citizens at the time of his birth. So, yes he is disqualified even though he was born here.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

and it also states his father is a foreign national

the controversey lies in why the long form, containing these 2 vital peices of eligibility information, was not used to confirm his eligibility from the start.

so in a nutshell, he was born in hawaii, but technically that wasnt the only requirement to receive citizenship at the time.

defaults to keyan??? what's wrong with you?, have you been drinking? Obama WAS BORN IN AMERICA, HAS LIVED IN AMERICA FOR AT LEAST 12 YEARS, AND WAS OVER 35 YEARS OLD WHEN HE BECAME PRESIDENT.....what other constitutional requirement is there?.....

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

try to keep up....Obama was born with DUAL citizenships and thus DUAL loyalties. Parents do matter according to the constitution. If the parents didn't renounce their citizenship to the other country and become an American then their loyalties remain with the home country. Obama wrote Dreams of My Father and traveled to Africa to meet his family. Obama naturally has loyalties to Kenya. Obama is case in point why the founding fathers wrote this into the constitution.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
SO........what is the motivation for this all of a sudden? Is this a preemptive strike against Trump? If so, it would have been better played closer to election time. Does this mean Trump found something, and this had to get out there to steal the limelight before someone else's announcement?

The news channels all started confirming the birth a few days ago, but this certificate is dated April 25, so how did the news channels confirm the birth before that date?

I'm glad to see it, but I would really love to know all the back stories!

this, this is the motivation, damage control

Jerome Corsi’s book: “Where’s The Birth Certificate?”
brianekoenig.com...

Release date May 17
edit on 103030p://bWednesday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join