It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresno stick-aliens new video

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
It's halloween and guess who is under the sheet............

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9b8be3e9204b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
New video.........of old footage.

It's still people in sheets on stilts!

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

I saw the Fresno vid and the way that one glides across the lawn it could've been on strings. There was an "enhanced" video where the vid-maker claimed that "if a string were present, it would be visible in this mode", but half the "creature" wasn't even visible in that version. Its very likely the string wouldn't be either. This one moves differently than the two in the OPs video, which makes me think copycat with different methodology. Haven't seen the other known clip, but I'm off to seek it out now.

Update. The Peruvian "stick alien" is actually a smudge on the windshield of the car. As the camera windshield bounces, so does the "creature". The camera panning gives the illusion that its moving, but it isn't. The other bits of dirt and debre on the window move in perfect conjunction with the anomaly.
edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have not read through all the pages but spent 5 minutes searching google for a debunk for these things once and for all.

Here is a website that offers robotic legs, just dress them up in white pajama bottoms and viola..stick men.

Here is a link to the site. Watch the videos. So yes it is possible to have walking legs.

Rhain

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

I just laughed really hard at that. I find it hilarious that people would waste their time making such a hoax, yet, it's not only heard of, but it's a very common occurrence. People will waste their time creating monsters, fairies, and angels so that they can keep the "mystery" in life going as things seems to become stale.

Oh, and I'm in the camp that is on the fence about this one. I am very unsure about what exactly I'm seeing. The first time I saw this on ATS about three weeks ago, I got mad at people posting junk in the Alien and UFOs category again...now I'm rethinking the whole thing. Like I said, I'm on the fence. If I saw one of these walking along, I'd probably blink hard a couple of times, rub my eyes, shake my head, and go sleep at a friend's place.
edit on 26-4-2011 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Yeah, people are goofy. But I look at it like thisl; if no one were making hoax vids, then ATS would be a very barren place. About 1/2 the material on here can be debunked quite easily, but the fun is in the game, and the creativity behind some of these vids is, for lack of a better word, awesome.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Troofseeker
reply to post by subby

My thoughts exactly. I was convinced they were people on stilts until I saw them compared to the stroller. Very odd.

Whether they are humans or otherwise they are definitely wearing white fabric. Perhaps simple robotics. Yet your people-in-stilts idea is not off the table at all because you can clearly see through the "beings", such as when the larger one is passing in front of the baby carriage. Editing in video if white-sheeted stilt-walkers with a mild transparency could be the method used here. Attachments on the bottom of the stilt could account for the motion of the bottom part of the legs. I personally think they are simple robot walkers with with fabric wrap, and some video editing.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Dude. Look at the top black line. Right under that, is the long slit that begins the legs. Unless you know a child who has absolutely no torso, I will have to discard your theory

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0001391

you can clearly see through the "beings", such as when the larger one is passing in front of the baby carriage.

That's because the beings were super imposed over the stroller to provide a scale reference in that section of the film

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
My observations:

1. People are skeptical about the music because it seems to be trying to influence the viewer. At the very beginning of the video it says music was added so it wouldn't be silent. So either the whole video would've been silent or you guys would have been complaining about the author's choice of using Happy-go-lucky music.

2. People are skeptical about the resolutions suddenly degrading when the creatures appear on camera. If you watch the entire video, you will see that the resolution actually becomes quite clear even while the creatures are in full view of the camera so It can't be that someone was intentionally trying to make them hard to see. There are several frames of clear resolution.

3. The superimposition of the stroller shows these are not some dudes on stilts with sheets. It's funny how that is what everyone was sure that is what they were until they saw the stroller and then suddenly they were children (regardless of the fact that the small one is the size of a baby that can barely even crawl) or it is actually people with their torsos edited out even though it still does not explain the awkward movement in which the "leg" joints are way to close to the feet.

I don't know if these are aliens, CGI, some other life form that we are unaware of, but they aren't any of the explanations given so far. Someone even suggested that there were guys dressed in black crawling around on the ground with rod puppets? It's a night vision camera. There were no people crawling around on rhe ground. It still would not explain the fluid movements. A guy trying to crawl around on his belly in the dark on the hard ground with a puppet isn't going to move like that.

Then someone posted "proof" with links to a video showing a robot with the legs and no torso. It still would not explain the fluid movements especially considering the robots evidenced as proof were not fluid in movement whatsoever.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I say it is a hoax because:
The movement is puppet like, head bobs up when the string is jerked, legs bend just like puppets.
I could make this exact video in a few minutes with a photo of the scenery and two puppets with black string. I would cut the trees in photo shop, layer the moving puppets behind the tree cuts and the full image behind the puppet film and use a filter that looks like night vision in the movie maker. I would end up with the same footage as in the video.
I believe that the fact or fake people are fake themselves and make up ridiculous debunking theories just to fill in the time the show is required to have.
If these were real aliens then we would have to show them how to make better clothing so they dont have to walk around in bed sheets.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Weird stuff. Definitely not people on stilts, could be CGI though I suppose. Doesnt look like any alien entities Ive heard of before either.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

You've never seen a good puppeteer have you? They can do things with sticks that are just incredible, and often times while lying down, or hanging over a backdrop at an awkward angle. Robotics are a good bet, but my money is still on puppets. Both puppets are hanging right on the edges of the road, and the nightvision isn't doing anything against black on black, especially with the level of pixelation here.

Look at the feet. They angle forward like they were being pushed when stepping forward, and when the second leg moves forward, the grounded "leg" angles forward, making the grounded "foot" angle backwards. The legs are being manipulated by some outside force; rods, ropes, etc.

edit on 26-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The only thing that really makes this mysterious for me is the way the legs move. The knees seem to bend backward like a cat's legs, not forward like a human's. Kind of like an AT-ST from Star Wars.

In my opinion assuming what we are seeing is actually there (meaning not added digitally after the fact) then I see NO way that these are human beings of any sort. Puppets or robots maybe, but there really isn't enough evidence to go on either way.

While being similar to the Fresno video on "Fact or Faked" I see some important differences. The Fresno vid shows what appears to be a stick-like figure wearing a cape of some sort. This video shows some sort of MC-Hammer like poofy pants wearing AT-ST walker. While long legged looking, the Fresno vid's creatures appear to have a more typical human structure to them compared to these guys.

Really not enough evidence to say with any certainty what this is, I'm very weary of people that make such absolute statements about it either being absolutely real or absolutely fake. We don't know, and we can't know until someone comes out and admits they faked it, and shows us how. Or some sort of serious video analysis is done to figure out if these beings were added digitally.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Troofseeker

Well it's obvious that what you got there is some swamp gas, and the light from venus reflected off of a sun dog, and then there were some aircraft flares, and maybe a cat or something. ;o)
Just kidding, it is a very interesting video.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread but im going to repost it here

I call this a unexplainable mystery there comes a time when something has to be believed not everything is a hoax..when i first looked at this video i laughed and thought 2 kids on stilts with sheets over them but the more i look at this these creatures are very small and fluid in there walk..this video looks very convincing to me and I'm a bit of a skeptic when it comes to utube videos..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Watch again and at 1:04 there's a glitch. It appears as though the little fella takes a step back whilst daddy makes an odd shift.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Two possible explanations:

If you changed the position, and photographed one frame at a time, you could make it appear to walk.

If a fishing line was looped over a rail or any convenient anchor point, and then a cloth was pulled over the line in the shape of these whatever-they-are, they could just be pulled along step by step by double lines.

They actually remind me of this toy I had when I was a kid. It was this bird puppet with heavy plastic cups for its feet. It's legs were long and it had a long neck with a heavy head. I guess it sorta looked like a flamingo?
Anyway, when you made it walk, it moved much the same way that these things do. I'm not saying that they are definitely puppets, but that bird is the first thing I thought of the first time I ever saw one of these videos.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I saw this video the other day,and thought what in the world is that?I thought at first it must be some kind of animal,maybe some kind of long limb bird,but the movement was strange,all i know if i see something like that walking in my yard i would be freaking out,It also reminds me of a video i seen on ATS,about the man who took a pic of a short creature then the thing elongated to a much taller thinner thing all legs and not to much body,anyone else remember that one?

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Looks like chroma key and marionettes were involved. I think that is a fairly solid explanation for these videos.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join